Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 07:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: d day  (Read 5896 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »

half the people required and make it so that once u join u cant leave..
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
CHICKEN ON A CHAIN
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:58:20 PM »

I TOTALLY AGREE if you join you should be locked in or if you leave it should cost you half your total worth. 4 19
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:59:18 PM »

half the people required, I agree.
Once you join, you can't leave, I don't want this. People change their mind... I do think the cost to leave should be proportional to your power... it should hurt you, but not cost half your worth...

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 12:38:41 AM »

I agree once you join locked in and half the people required to make it happen.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 04:52:01 AM »

so emi, support from vets how about making this happen? it dont hurt anybody.. and it could result in rounds ending before people max out.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 11:58:13 AM »

i like the half the number idea. locked in, not so much. Definately increase cost to drop out and make it proportionate to power, but allow them a choice at least

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »

Once you join, you can't leave, I don't want this. People change their mind... I do think the cost to leave should be proportional to your power... it should hurt you, but not cost half your worth...
It its halfs your worth then it is proportional to your power. As your worth is based on you power.

Making it directly proportional to you power has some issues in cost and ways to minimize the cost of leaving it.

If the update was happening there should be a warning about if you enter you cant leave without losing X amount of stuff.
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »

It its halfs your worth then it is proportional to your power. As your worth is based on you power.

Making it directly proportional to you power has some issues in cost and ways to minimize the cost of leaving it.

If the update was happening there should be a warning about if you enter you cant leave without losing X amount of stuff.

Here's the issue... There are entire alliances dedicated to stopping, or postponing dday. With this update, you virtually render those alliances, and/or persons useless. Stopping dday takes skill, and is quite a interesting part of this game. An update locking you into dday, or causing you to lose half of everything you have, would totally kill those alliances.
If you just make less people required to start dday, it would solve your problems, yet alliances like DDD could still function! (this would only be FAIR if Emi banned multi-accounts)

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »

I say drop it down from 20 required to 15 and make it a little more costly to drop out of dday once its started

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

Here's the issue... There are entire alliances dedicated to stopping, or postponing dday. With this update, you virtually render those alliances, and/or persons useless. Stopping dday takes skill, and is quite a interesting part of this game. An update locking you into dday, or causing you to lose half of everything you have, would totally kill those alliances.
If you just make less people required to start dday, it would solve your problems, yet alliances like DDD could still function! (this would only be FAIR if Emi banned multi-accounts)

Just make it something like 10 people, taken off of rankings if you leave dday.
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »

Just make it something like 10 people, taken off of rankings if you leave dday.

yo... am I the only one that doesnt understand wtf you're talking about?!?!?

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »

We need to drop it down to at least 15.. one alliance can't controll that... there just isn't enough people to have it be at 20 and have the time suit 20 people... Spayed has been maxed for a while.. its been time for dday for a while and still nothing.. noobs just keep pulling out.. there isnt enough people to start it...

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 06:34:19 PM »

As soon as someone maxes DDay should start, and get the number of players down... there aint even 20 active players

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »

I agree with FTP, soon as first person max's the D Day counter begins. After all, someone with so much power that he/she cant be attacked is just a potent force as the D Day super weapon.
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 06:59:27 PM »

i agree dday should automatically begin with somebody maxes

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print