Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 07, 2024, 10:13:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Conters / Attack signatures in full assault battle  (Read 11219 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:55 PM »

Upon receiveing feedback related to the attack signatures beeing given while you do a remote assault and the relation with kamikaze attacks, meaning that someone can stalk the target and use swarm fleets to destroy the other commander fleet, I am asking for suggestions on how to improve the system.

Should we lower the % lost by the defender to take the counter / attack sig even more? Or maybe something else...

Basically, we need something to make it fair on the victiom of the attacks, as well as the attacker...

Please suggest, I will consider all options.

Thank you
Report to moderator   Logged

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 03:24:27 AM »

I'm not sure on the % but possibly tie it to the fleetpower instead of total power.
I would also like to see counters being unable to warp off.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 03:26:21 AM by basill » Report to moderator   Logged
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 04:41:24 AM »

well make an attack or board weather successful or not count as the counter no matter where it comes from.  and a Scout able to not only see the base but the first fleets of the enemy.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:34:51 AM »

I like the idea of the defender of a counter attack having a 0% chance to warp away.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 08:15:53 AM »

Ok, so far we have:

- Make the counter target unable to Warp away
- Take one counter for each attack

Good ideas so far, still waiting for some more replies.

Thank you

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 10:07:39 AM »

Not warping sounds good,

Except for that I think the counter should have exactly the same rules as for getting one, as a galaxy attack will not give a counter if there is not 20% destroyed etc, keep that the same as for removing a counter.

For main server ever remote assault gives a counter so every remote assault counter should vanish after one try even if it was a decoy attack.

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 07:27:55 PM »

Ok, so far we have:

- Make the counter target unable to Warp away
- Take one counter for each attack

Good ideas so far, still waiting for some more replies.

Thank you

uhm if you cant warp away when your getting countered what would stop me from reserving my main fleet and bait people to attack me with some weak ships then powereing up to 300% there power and totaly destroy there fleetstack?

counter on every attack sounds good wasnt it the same in the early days. just make scouting for secret bases not count unless you get ambushed else no 1 will ever raid a secret base again.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 08:27:48 PM »

uhm if you cant warp away when your getting countered what would stop me from reserving my main fleet and bait people to attack me with some weak ships then powereing up to 300% there power and totaly destroy there fleetstack?

they attacked you and gave you the counter, then you strategically powered up and killed em. thats basically the advantage a counter should give, thats  if you could get a hit...(which now we will  1 ).
so basically use your brain...

also 100% for no warp on counters, as fro everything else i dont get it so let the other guys choose it.

WARS Account= Overmind
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »

regarding 0% warp on a counter I feel if you are tough enough to attack someone you should be tough enough to take the counter you know before you attack anyone that they may have boatloads of reserve ships so suck it up and take the hit it is war
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 02:23:31 AM »

well said basill

WARS Account= Overmind
archiles
Private

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »

i support the part where there is no chance of warp on counter.
i have to chase someone on three different region for a counter which luckily i have enough turns to chase him/her around. but still i lose a lot more seg then him/her, don't know why tho.

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 04:43:34 AM »

Im opposed to the idea of no warp percent on counter attack for SOWARS. 

I believe this will be extremely bad for  the game.  Personally - I am in a position to gain from this idea - however I think it will be very bad long term.

My main reason is that it will discourage players from attacking.

Counter attacks will become much more effective than regular attacks - regular attacks can be very difficult to land at the moment, and are usually quite risky and costly - defenders have a "home base" advantage and also their regular chance to warp.

Also it is difficult to annihilate a defender with a regular attack, because they can warp away - so you need to adjust fleet power to inflict damage, but manage it to reduce warp percentage.  This means the attacker needs to do a lot of hard work and possibly spend a lot of credits to make to make an effective attack - the defender would then get the opportunity to leisurely annihilate the guy who put in all the hard work.

This would certainly discourage me from making attacks - better to wander around with a stack of credits in my bank hoping some fool will attack me.  It will also cause a lot of other issues which I wont discuss in the forums in case this actually goes ahead.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:01:42 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 07:03:23 AM »

After extensive, and closed discussion, amongst my alliance, I'll have to withdraw my previous vote in favour of a zero % chance to warp from a counter attack. Removal of counter attacks entirely would encourage people to attack more, increasing the power of counters would discourage people to attack.

The happy medium it would seem is not a 0% chance to warp on counters. I haven't thought about removing counters enough however to vote in favour of that.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »

Counters are great as they are now, dont adjust them, keep them by the same rules as regular attacking.

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 09:35:34 PM »

Counter attacks will become much more effective than regular attacks - regular attacks can be very difficult to land at the moment, and are usually quite risky and costly - defenders have a "home base" advantage and also their regular chance to warp.

well then seeing as this is a wars server make attacking better, easier to land and attack and a new attack that allows you to be able to get kill a ship in 3-5 attacks even if they have max marines and cash on hand.

WARS Account= Overmind
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: