Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 11:06:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I be allowed to get my fleets back?  (Voting closed: January 04, 2007, 08:34:16 PM)
Yes, return his ships and mine! - 3 (12.5%)
Yes, return his ships. - 9 (37.5%)
This is rediculous. Making a person beg for his ships back. - 1 (4.2%)
No, don't give his ships back - 10 (41.7%)
Is Emi going to make everyone beg for their ships when they get lost from bugs? - 1 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Votes Requested  (Read 21725 times)
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2006, 07:09:59 AM »

actually u wont get jack diddly out of war either cause ships just keep exploding =P
Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2006, 11:24:55 AM »

*Sigh* Yet another person with the excuse that everyones lost ships. Do none of you read the entire post before you speak?

*Sigh*

Remfer
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »

wow...ur avatar matches that last post completely
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2006, 02:05:54 PM »

question

Side Note: Hells yes . . . kakashi now I found an emoticon with my favorite character (who happens to be the background for my myspace)

The Friar
Private

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2006, 03:04:22 PM »

I voted yes because I have had the same problem. Every time i start to get somewhere i run into a killer fleet and am knocked back to where i was a week ago. I keep losing ships with 70 million power on 15-30 million power encounters. There is no real way around them other than to have massive ships on small encounters. I think they need to be changed and I would like to thank Wolfwood for brining attention to it like this.
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »

Emi, looks like you owe me my ships back.

Out of 20 votes 10 said yes, and 8 said no. If you review the first page of votes, remfer origionally voted no, but he changed his vote by stating that he changes his vote to a yes. You said 20 posts would be needed. You have you 3 well known commander yes votes and 10 votes was what your requirement was

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »

I've got an idea.

Screw it. I've recovered from the losses, however, the killer fleet problem still exists.

Emi, how soon can we expect work to be done about the killer fleets?

How about a triggered warning stating that the sensors might have malfunctioned but an estimate power of %power% has been detected in the region or something when the fleets are figured?

To be honest, I would rather see the problem get fixed then get my fleets back and have the problem not get fixed and me get my ships back. If the problem gets fixed, everyones happy. If I get my ships back and the problem still happens, then everyone will be all butthurt and start flaming the forums and the sort.

Please check the updates section:
http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,1855.0.html

You state here that you do not wish the fleets back as long as something is done, please leave feedback on the killer fleets and how the issue is adressed in the updates topic. If the killer fleets are resolved, I do not think it would be fair to others to give any fleets back.

I also stated that what happened was not a bug, but an increased difficulty due to a higher maximum cost of the enemy fleets.

Most of the commanders that voted in favor voted with the purpose of something beeing done in this matter, so they are free to change their minds, the pool lasts until the end, January the 4'th, and it is not closed yet.

Thank you

neptis
Private First Class

UTHER ACOUNT'S: Darth Venom, Darth Neptis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2006, 05:19:44 PM »

me i voted yes manly because as a newer player ov this game i beleve it is unfair that the showen power douse not equal the acual power.
albe it i am new ant do not rely now much about the game . but thats my opinion .

neptis

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2006, 05:24:29 PM »

Heh nice try Emi. I did what you told me to do. Now you need to do what you said you would do.

"To be honest, I would rather see the problem get fixed then get my fleets back . . . "

This does not state that I do not want my ships back. This states that I would like to see the problem get fixed more then I want my ships back. I NEVER stated that I do not want my ships back.

You also have not fixed the problem because I have been encountering TONS of single fleet combats with tons of ships. You say you have, like you said many times before, but they are still appearing. I guarantee this is still happening.

As for the poll still being opened. You NEVER stated that it had to run for a maximum time. You DID specify that 20 votes would be needed. Wish to try again?

Here's how fleet counters work, as I have received messages about this before. I don't like to spoil the fun, but here it is, always been like this:

- Every fleet on the first attack (first shot) will fire with 100% attack (normal calcs, attack * numbers / accuracy).
- Second shot (this is when the fleet fires a second time in the same battle), random value between 0 - 40% (penalty 60%-100%) of the first shot attack (if it didnt lose any ships, then the first shoot is recalculated)
- Next shots: penalty between 70% - 100%

This explains why you lost the first ship, then received less damage to second fleet (e.g penalty was 85, you received 10 - 15% of normal), then a little more damage from 3 fleet (e.g penalty <85).

This is no bug, in a real combat situation, the projectile will not always miss, but the probability to miss increases as you fire more ammo, and sometimes it will hit when it wasn't suppoesed to...

On another note, this protects the lower fleets against those encounters, so they at least stand a chance, and you don't lose all your fleets in a single battle.

If you still want the ships back, others will have to express their opinion, and you need to make a pool for them to vote, and you need to have at least 3 votes from commanders that I know on your side, and be in majority and win the pool, and the pool should have at least 20 member votes.

God Speed!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 05:27:19 PM by Nicholas Duo Wolfwood » Report to moderator   Logged

Remfer
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2006, 09:54:29 PM »

question

Side Note: Hells yes . . . kakashi now I found an emoticon with my favorite character (who happens to be the background for my myspace)

You said
*Sigh* Yet another person with the excuse that everyones lost ships. Do none of you read the entire post before you speak?

*Sigh*

and ur avatar looks upset laugh
Smee
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2006, 02:37:12 AM »

Yes, return his ships and mine!  3 (14.3%)
Yes, return his ships.  7 (33.3%)
This is rediculous. Making a person beg for his ships back.  1 (4.8%)
No, don't give his ships back  9 (42.9%)
Is Emi going to make everyone beg for their ships when they get lost from bugs?  1 (4.8%)
 Lock Voting

Total Voters: 21

well thats more then 20 votes ^^

guess we know the out come

Smee 12
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2006, 04:18:32 AM »

pwned

Thx smee

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

what about the ppl who voted give him his and mine back, do they get theres too? cause with out those he woulda lost the pole

WARS Account= Overmind
Remfer
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2006, 02:12:28 PM »

doesn't really matter i guess... they basically said yes
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2006, 06:27:45 PM »

Pretty much, they did say yes.

I agree that others should get their ships back however I dont feel they need to get them back. None of them showed proof of game fault and could very well be of pilot error, not game error. I showed clearly that it was not pilot error

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: