Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 05, 2024, 10:29:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should Workers Be Production Be Increased?
Yes, by 2x
Yes, by 5x
Yes, by 10x
No

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Workers' Production  (Read 7181 times)
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2006, 08:48:39 AM »

I think that workers a worthless asset. They produce such small amounts of credits, and they can't be used for anything else. I think that they need to become more profitable.
Report to moderator   Logged

jebus767
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 08:55:36 AM »

Even if the production is not increased the 100 billion growth and interest cap needs to be removed.
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 08:56:33 AM »

i calculated (not positive its right) that it takes about 2000 workers to produce one credit... so yeah that means it takes about 19 days to get ur "investment bac" and growth doesnt help much either... also less biofarms should be needed, id need 1quad workers to get anything, but to get those id need 50 or 100mil segments on biofarms (if not more) o and yeah interest cap has gotta go

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 08:57:31 AM »

Workers give very little and are almost useless after u get passed the first trill, they should produce more credits.
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:02:35 AM »

well workers aren t useless if u have a big enought MS with a lot of farms they can be much more beneficial than stash interrests - once u pass a certain point they are virtual useless thats correct - specially since u can t growth ur MS - farms so fast as u would need to maintain ur workers proper ... - I am now since like a week on negative growth and still gain more workers by galaxy encounters and surprisingly by missions which promiss credits but give workers ...

concerning uselessness of workers ... we could use them also for buying marines and building ships - but I know nobody who does that ...

a increase in workers production would be nice and would help mostly ppl lower than top 10/20 - a real step forward would be to delate  the limit of 25.000 max segments on galaxy encounters ... - I think I have like 3x the workers I should have and they keep dying ... 68 trill workers making 28 bills each 10 minutes - so thats at least a bit over 24h so about 4,? trills a day ... not that bad compared with stash interrests u can get now a days ...

So i would say delate the segemnts limit from encounters and so let the workers like they are  :-) (for me it was like that till I had positive growth on workers they did quite good but  now it makes no sence to me to go for them anymore ...)

w/r bb
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 09:04:10 AM by bigbroni » Report to moderator   Logged
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 09:17:42 AM »

Workers give very little and are almost useless after u get passed the first trill, they should produce more credits.

3 wow   HE SPEAKS!!!!    laugh

I say it should be raised.

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 02:21:59 PM »

yes i think workers should be raised, and i also think that the intrest should be replaced with the older concept, the one were it still takes like 1 tril to max out intrest, but intrest maxes out at like 10% (on gold without bonos) intrest was a huge asset to the game, and it made it harder to chose weaither to save up or upgrade... this is probaly why lightseeker isnt first anymore, i think his entire stragey was based on saving up credits...

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »

Ya, interest sucks. That should be raised by like 3-4x at least.  21

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »

i would rather the intrest back to were it was in past rounds, past rounds the max in intrest was about 10%.. and the intrest bonos gave you .1% every time, i had 13% intrest last round, and that was a crap load.. this round this 2% thing sucks.. it changes the many strageys to win to one stragey.. whoever upgrades the fastest wins...

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 11:07:55 PM »

you somewhat have to have biofarm limit of workers.  otherwise one can sit at number 1 with quadillions of workers, pumping out trillions of credits free each and every day.  (this was a problem in a previous round)

interest rates should not curve... I don't care, I don't lose business if I own half the dollars in the world.  I would be GAINING more interest, as then more people want more from me. 

and workers is just as useless when you put the cap on worker growth AND stash interest

also, I am almost positive we have yet to se the full potential of workers... especially if E uses workers to man planets and starbases.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 04:49:20 AM »

IT has been suggeseted that workers will be used to manufacture cargo in the future and for other things.  E has the mails on how to implement it in a fair way and a coupple ideas on how to do it.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
xthex
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 06:52:24 PM »

like as in market carog? cause then that would really help some like me, but not others like higher ppl that dont use the market. but then hed have to make market bigger and with bigger items so wow wooohoo
John.doe
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 07:45:59 PM »

yeah worker production needs to be improved since the amount of workers i have are a lot but it doesnt really give much like it should  wounded1

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 03:36:08 AM »

well workers making goods, OK but than goods not to be sold via market, due to than a 3rd skill would affect worker performeance (now we have reproduction and production of workers being keyed to skills if market gets involced the choram skills would also) and ppl with already to less time for the game would be the loosers again because they qould need additional real time to do the market for selling production ...

by the way if market not gets envolved u ll have virtually the same than now, only that the game displays something like "U sold 1 days production of hightech scanners for 9227 per unit ... total: XXX" not really any difference to now and just like 1 more step/move to be done - so not a real progress for the game.

as someone before said - workers making goods would only be good if ppl are at a certain range numbers of workers ... at higher numbers workers turn out to be useless at all, thy simply die, for me at 11% ... - I don t really like the idea of flying a mothership as the commander and I have 220 quad dying ppl on board, this needs to be changed soon. - well best would be to remove the workers completly or do something real new with the game to give them any sence at all ... - atm workers are just a less effective version of stash cash ...

w/r bb
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 09:09:49 PM »

ya giving the workers more things to do other than be wothless making money would be great..

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: