Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 05, 2024, 10:25:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Snipedragon  (Read 43456 times)
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 10:12:11 PM »

Remfer no disrespect but what happened in chat tonight is the reason snipe posted that, so unless you have the entire chat convo i have to say your wrong, enough said on this matter as sir emi himself had to come into chat to stop the muting of players
Report to moderator   Logged
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 10:17:08 PM »

Whooo, look like I missed a lot  3.

First of all Snipe I would never consider you my friend, (OBSERVATION)you seem like the type of person who needs to have power to lord over people in an environment like this - a GAME!!!!!! atention (QUESTION)Do you get picked on in your real life? (OBSERVATION)Seems as though youve gotten power hungry and like to push people around.  4

btw if you consider this an insult by me for making my observations and asking questions, whatever.

You seem to take everything that you dont agree with or if its someone you dont like and turn it into an attack or insult on your person, well you know what, I wont say you are acting like a baby or anything of the sort (its an insult to babies) as so many people have already said.

You say that if people want you to leave that they should tell you and not make you Emis problem, but last i heard this was still Sir Emis game so if someone has a problem with the game itself or someone in the game - it is Sir Emis problem. btw Its your attitude that I have a problem with.

You will probably report me to Sir Emi -"he insulted me wounded1" and have me removed as a moderator, so be it. If I lose my moderator status it wont be much of a loss as your ACTIONS and your COMMENTS are making this game less and less appealing for me everyday.

I had more to say but it would only be repeating what has already been posted here by other commanders who are respected and held in high regard in the online world of Space Odyssey.

THIS IS MY OPINION AND I AM SPEAKING AS A PRIVATE CITIZEN NOT AS A MODERATOR OR THE SEXIEST MAN IN 3 GALAXIES  19  12
MY NAME IS SILVERTHORNE AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:19:40 PM by Silverthorne » Report to moderator   Logged

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 11:59:20 PM »

You pushed me to this point, ALL of you.  This is how it will be from now on with me:
I will no longer joke around, nor will I laugh at your jokes.
If you break the rules, you are to recieve 1 (ONE) warning, and then a mute
I will NOT tolerate insults directed at either myself, or at another commander
I do not expect to have your respect, you are one of two things:
If you break the rules, you are an enemy.
If you do not break the rules, you are a neutral.

You go ahead and post the ENTIRE conversation into this forum, had it not been for you guys making such a big deal out of me OFFERING to donate to the players around me in the rankings come christmas, out of pure kindness, than I would not have gone this far.

But as of now, I am no longer your friend, I am a moderator who will enforce the rules with an iron fist, NO SLACK WILL BE CUT!!

-SnipeDragon
Forum Moderator/Chat Moderator

all i got to say is yes, get the hell out of this game, and get away from my friends here, your screwing up one of my favorite games and i dont like it, go back to your cave someone and live life alone like you should

see, theres a good reason i posted here, one spot you dont have power over...

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 06:58:31 AM »

Ok, im putting myself in his shoes... hmm i wanna be a mod. oh, first i should read the RULES so i know what my powers are. Then ill try to be friendly, and not act like 17 yr old pedo. hmm but since i cant do none of that, ill just change my mind and NOT become a mod.

see, wasnt that hard o_0

ppl shouldnt take the jobs theyr not fitted to take, no matter if they think its fun or not to have that job.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
The Friar
Private

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

I think that it is time to move on now. This started out as complaints against snipe but has moved to slamming him. These aren't even observations anymore but are now insults. I don't mean to sound like snipe here but that is what they are. So let's not give him the pleasure of saying he was right about beeing insukted and move on.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 11:34:45 AM »

i insult every1... lamma smells  15

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 01:36:51 PM »

The Moderator ToS were not created when I joined the Moderator team, I did not know about them until after 'I insulted' Duo.

If me calling Duo a baby is an insult to him, then you calling me a baby is an insult to me, understand?  Everyone got mad at me calling him a baby, and now all of you call me one and think its ok?

I muted the people that either insulted, or used language, those are the only two kinds of people that I muted.

Lammalord(#4495)
2006-12-11 00:27:08
Get Out...
yes. Leave, get out of this game, and go find some other players in some other game that you can boss around, beacuse its not happining in this game..

(oh no, i said something you didnt like, what are you going to do mute me! ha ha ha ha)

there were never any rules against insulting in this game, you made that up.. read the ToS, go on read it all, if you tell me were it says that insulting is against the rules, ill back off and leave you alone.. beacuse, i know the ToS and if insulting was not allowed i would of been banned 4 rounds agao, when i started...

"Fine, dont like me? I apologized to Duo over my post, and he accepted the apology. Ive NEVER said that I am an Old SO player, however I did start a little after the beginning of the last round. #2 I didnt lock his post, Moderator logs show that, I locked his poll, and then shortly after, I unlocked it. #3 I dont have access to the code, nor do I want it, I code completely from scratch, all Emi gives me is the appropriate database tables, and anything else I may need to complete my task. The ONLY thing I have done is lock Duo's poll, then unlocked it. I had NOT read the Moderator TOS at that time, however now I have, and will not break the rules again. This brings up a problem though, you guys never talk to me, you just go and report me, if you were to talk to me, I would fix the problem, but NOOO, you have to report me. If you want me to leave, tell me, dont go and make me Emi's problem. I leave on my own if thats what you want........."

Lammalord, you dont even know me, so until you actually talk to me yourself, and not take someone elses word for everything.  Then you have NO right to tell me how to conduct myself.  All that I did yesterday was enforce two simple rules, rules that you refused to accept.
The Friar
Private

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 02:33:24 PM »

Man i can't leave this one alone.

I muted the people that either insulted, or used language, those are the only two kinds of people that I muted.

there were never any rules against insulting in this game, you made that up.. read the ToS, go on read it all, if you tell me were it says that insulting is against the rules, ill back off and leave you alone.. beacuse, i know the ToS and if insulting was not allowed i would of been banned 4 rounds agao, when i started...

If insulting someone was never against the ToS hen what right did you have to mute people on chat. You just contradicted yourself.
Remfer
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 03:26:56 PM »

Can't you read?  4

The Moderator ToS were not created when I joined the Moderator team, I did not know about them until after 'I insulted' Duo.

If me calling Duo a baby is an insult to him, then you calling me a baby is an insult to me, understand?  Everyone got mad at me calling him a baby, and now all of you call me one and think its ok?

Everyone got mad at him for calling Duo a baby, and then they called him a baby, so even if it is "contradicting" he at least has a point and a right...

If he gets a hard time for calling someone a baby, then when someone gives him a hard time by someone calling him a baby, he has a right to mute them....
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 03:03:02 AM »

Ok, I'm ending a few of these arguements once and for all, because Monkey D. Luffy is incredibly angry, starting with the one I find most insulting, which is from snipedragon.

Lammalord(#4495)
2006-12-11 00:27:08
Get Out...
yes. Leave, get out of this game, and go find some other players in some other game that you can boss around, beacuse its not happining in this game..

(oh no, i said something you didnt like, what are you going to do mute me! ha ha ha ha)

"Fine, dont like me? I apologized to Duo over my post, and he accepted the apology. Ive NEVER said that I am an Old SO player, however I did start a little after the beginning of the last round. #2 I didnt lock his post, Moderator logs show that, I locked his poll, and then shortly after, I unlocked it. #3 I dont have access to the code, nor do I want it, I code completely from scratch, all Emi gives me is the appropriate database tables, and anything else I may need to complete my task. The ONLY thing I have done is lock Duo's poll, then unlocked it. I had NOT read the Moderator TOS at that time, however now I have, and will not break the rules again. This brings up a problem though, you guys never talk to me, you just go and report me, if you were to talk to me, I would fix the problem, but NOOO, you have to report me. If you want me to leave, tell me, dont go and make me Emi's problem. I leave on my own if thats what you want........."

Lammalord, you dont even know me, so until you actually talk to me yourself, and not take someone elses word for everything.  Then you have NO right to tell me how to conduct myself.  All that I did yesterday was enforce two simple rules, rules that you refused to accept.

Snipedragon, ignorence of the rules is NO EXCUSE, just like ignorence of a law is no excuse. When I lost my moderator position, the moderator rules DIDN"T EVEN EXIST, and my crime was minor compared to yours, which are as follows (and I have seen all evidence against you): Insulting another moderator/player, talking about donations, and abusing moderator power in chat. You cannot claim ignorence for the second crime and third crimes, because by then you HAD read the rules. And Snipe, insulting someone is using foul language at them, or something highly offensive. Saying someone is a noob or baby, is in no way, shape or form an insult, because anyone who is seriously offended by that is definitely under 12 years old, and will take EVERYTHING as an insult. Common sense must be used when considering action (this goes to ALL moderators out there, not just snipe). And on your you guys didn't have to report me post,yes, we did, because that's how it works, you violate ToS or MToS (Moderator Terms of service), you are reported to an active admin, which is only Sir Emi right now.

So Snipe, while you may be a great guy, you have taken a lot of this too far, and I still expect you to be punished in some form for your crimes, which were worse then both lammalord's and my crimes, which resulted in both of us losing moderator status, of which, to my knowledge, he has not recieved back even though he accepted the new terms for being a moderator.

Next on the list:

You all say Snipe is bad, but even if his "I haven't read the new rules yet" seems pathetic at least it is reasonable.  Driving people mad by the way is smee's job, and not anyone elses laugh.  And even if he is a mod, Snipes only 17 (or so people are saying) and doesn't deserve to be driven so mad that he can't have fun on an online game...put yourself in his shoes...you might be driven so mad as to quit SO for good hating the whole community...and that is not a good image when friends ask him about how SO is...

After listening to this debate...(and i wish i had admin powers cause then rulings would be easier) i'd say lay off a little...he didn't read the new mod ToS at the time, unlocked the poll (so it's not much of an issue now considering over 20 commanders voted) and while you say he is abusing his power...your harrassing him about it so much that he has gone from slightly friendly with some people to either neutral or enemy, and that does not make a fun community for that player.

And about the whole donation thing...if Snipe wants to give out a christmas present through SO that's his problem and shouldn't concern you Duo...if you think your a good commander then $3-5 donation for each player around him shouldn't bother you that much.  4

I know now everyone here is going to give me a hard time cause i'm sticking up for Snipe, whether he wants me to or not, but i've listend to many debates and this one seems to weighted.  I know that i'm newer than most people here, but Snipe joined a little after the start of last round (so he says) and i started halfway thorugh the last round so i joined close to when he joined, so i think i now what i'm saying when i say your harrassing a new player just because he has more rights than you do as a moderator Duo.

And you can say whatever you want...but i just want to say...that if i were snipe i would leave SO...or if i didn't i would give people a hard time until i was forced to leave, cause no one deserves this kind of harrassment, especially not with SAT's nearing...

And for the quote below, this just shows how you've ruined the fun of jokes and pun's that imply small harrassment to a mod...

so i say shame on you...you say he was abusing his power...but driving someone this far is also abuse...if not as bad as what you claim snipe did, it still is

You have probably shaped the way snipe will run a buisness if he desides to open his own busness on whatever he is intrested in...

(Wow, this is more than any email or post i have ever written...and this P.S. is the only thing i've posted in this post to laugh about...cause i'm serious about everything else)

You pushed me to this point, ALL of you.  This is how it will be from now on with me:

You go ahead and post the ENTIRE conversation into this forum, had it not been for you guys making such a big deal out of me OFFERING to donate to the players around me in the rankings come christmas, out of pure kindness, than I would not have gone this far.

But as of now, I am no longer your friend, I am a moderator who will enforce the rules with an iron fist, NO SLACK WILL BE CUT!!

-SnipeDragon

Remfer, Snipe may only be 17, but so am I, and I get hell from everyone else all the time, over everything and anything. It's no excuse. And He didn't read the rules, tough, as I stated before, both lamma and I were punished before the rules existed, so we had no way of knowing we were in violation of them. Breaking a rule is breaking a rule, simple as that. Doesn't matter if you knew the rule or not. But I am glad that you posted pointing out things in his posts, and you are right, no one deserves to be treated that way, I should know, I deal/delt with all the time.

Next item:

-SnipeDragon

Snipe, not to be rude here, but there is no better way to say this: just shut up. Just because you were insulted and critized greatly means NOTHING. I've dealt with worse and never acted like you are, you may be 17, but right now, your acting like my 8 year old sister. Suck it up, and quit getting mad over every little thing that is said to you, seriously, it's not worth it.

next:

U got my support on it. Ive never heard of him b4 though he states hes and old SO player. Doesnt help much cosidering all the new updates neways. 99% of the active ppl here wouldve done a better job then he would, cause they would actually have done something good. Im still to see Snipedragon do anything hes supposed to do...

Snipe has done some of his job (though I admit, not much), and it is understandable, he is on about as much as Sir Emi, and nearly twice as much as Admin. Thanks for contributing though.

Final thoughts:

Snipe, I'm glad your helping the game, honestly I am, and that you're a moderatr on another forum, but SO isn't like other forums, and it's obvious you aren't cut out for the job of moderator on the forum here. To be a mod here is more then just slapping every wrongdoer in the jail for 10 years when the crime doesn't even need a fine. It's a job where you have to be willing to sacrifice your dignity and time, take abuse and merely smile and gladly help. We're just like customer service in a store, you're not allowed to lash out the way you did at the players in the chat. The insult against duo, and the locking of his poll were excuseable, this however, is not. And even if you had intentions of donating to a few people around you for christmas, you are not allowed to broadcast that in chat as a moderator, because we are not allowed to talk about donations, it's in the rules for moderators, which, once again, you had read at the time you broke that rule(which talking about donations is why lamma and I were removed from our position as moderator). So I'm glad your intentions were good, but good intentions don't make an action right.

Everyone else: stop smashing him, if you have something to say, make sure you post your reasons for saying it with it. If you continue to do nothing but smash Snipe I WILL delete this thread and anymore threads involving the same incident. I for one have had it with this childish behaviour from ALL of you. I don't care your age, you should know better by now then to act like this. You posted about him breaking the rules, that was fine. You made a structure arguement to support your claims, and that was fine too. But then you went and started not only insulting him, but telling him he should leave, and a lot more. You claim it's people like him that cause people to quit, and yes, you're right, people who act the way he did do cause some player's to leave, but more players leave because of the way you guys acted back there. It will NOT be tolerated at all. If I see it, you're done, simple as that. I will report you immediately to Sir Emi, or any other admin should he appoint one, moderator or normal player. THIS is your warning, the only one you will get. If you behave like a child, expect to be treated like one. Simple as that.

I hope I have made myself clear. The behavior you all have expected is 100% unacceptable, and many of you are grown men. However, I must commend the following commanders for behaving properly and respectively: Chicpea, TheDarkness, Smee, and Silverthorne. You guys are what keeps me writing my stories, as well as here moderating and playing SO, seriously. I'd have quit long ago if it wasn't for the likes of you guys (and girl). You make it all worth it.

SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 03:52:11 AM »

Saying someone is a noob or baby, is in no way, shape or form an insult, because anyone who is seriously offended by that is definitely under 12 years old, and will take EVERYTHING as an insult.

Lol, and I believe you were one of the ones that made such a big deal out of me calling Duo the same thing, and now, you are saying its no big deal, well, since Duo took it as an insult, so did I, and thats who I muted, if people would listen, it would be simple, Dont Insult, Dont Sware, Dont Spam, and you could chat just fine, but NOOO, you guys turn to 'Bash SnipeDragon' mode, and I mean ALL of you.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 03:58:20 AM »

Saying someone is a noob or baby, is in no way, shape or form an insult, because anyone who is seriously offended by that is definitely under 12 years old, and will take EVERYTHING as an insult.

Lol, and I believe you were one of the ones that made such a big deal out of me calling Duo the same thing, and now, you are saying its no big deal, well, since Duo took it as an insult, so did I, and thats who I muted, if people would listen, it would be simple, Dont Insult, Dont Sware, Dont Spam, and you could chat just fine, but NOOO, you guys turn to 'Bash SnipeDragon' mode, and I mean ALL of you.

No, snipe, I NEVER said anything about you calling him a baby, I said you had no right to lock his poll. I never even saw the baby comment. Secondly, this is my first post, and I did NOT once bash you, I defended you 90% of the time. Also, Chicpea, TheDarkness, Smee, and Silverthorne never bashed you either. Try reading a post before telling people to stop bashing you. The way you were acting (and apparently still are) is wrong. You can mute people for swearing, but minor things like being called a baby is not something you mute over. Because only someone 12 or younger would take that as a serious insult and be offended. And they aren't the only ones bashing, you've done your share too, though not as bad.

Remfer
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »

Hey?  what about me?  i didn't bash him either...infact, i was doing just what monkey was doing...trying to stop people from bashing him...
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 08:40:13 AM »

It seems Snipedragon want to make terror-forum 3 There was some other space game, where some guy like Snipedragon got admin. People was scared to write anything, because some one wrong word = ban laugh
He hated everyone, and everyone hated him. Everyone got more, and more pissed.
Than he locked forum, so only manually acepted players could join forum. However he didnt know, that e-mail notifications didnt work, so noone could register. Those who susrvived ridiculous bans just quit. And he left alone with some one mod 16

Its just my opinion on what i saw on different forum, but we can still avoid it. I hope.

Alright... rip
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 08:45:39 AM »

nice story there uber. and remfer, some of your posts were a little bashy, not all or even most, just a few here and there. Snipe is just doing what all angry/powertriping people tend to do: blaming everyone but themselves for everything. He has yet to see that his actions from before and continuing actions are the reason the problem is persisting.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: