Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 02, 2024, 09:06:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Save Sowars lets think up some stuff  (Read 34089 times)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »

Eh, that may be the case if it was a battle of mains. it will be a battle of alts instead, with no actual damage to alt due to reserving.
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »

Eh, that may be the case if it was a battle of mains. it will be a battle of alts instead, with no actual damage to alt due to reserving.

I again have no argument against you in this alt abuse. I don't like alts either.

I can only console you in saying: This type of alt sounds like a normal player.
I don't like alts either. This discussion has less to do with alts and more to do with balance.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2008, 07:38:13 PM »

Its exactly to do with alts cos they are a part of the game. Eh, there are much easier ways to start wars, and one is actually for ppl to get involved rather than talking out of it(in game only ppl laugh ) And another thing is skulling- if you make it too effective, noone will attack in fear of being skulled. not effective- and it will be ignored, or voted away as a liability.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »

Its exactly to do with alts cos they are a part of the game. Eh, there are much easier ways to start wars, and one is actually for ppl to get involved rather than talking out of it(in game only ppl laugh ) And another thing is skulling- if you make it too effective, noone will attack in fear of being skulled. not effective- and it will be ignored, or voted away as a liability.

Again I despise alts. It is a problem without my system. With my system, it will be exactly the same problem. My system neither gives alts an advantage nor limits them. I cannot think of a solution to alt abuse and I'm sorry for it.

I will respond to your factually supported arguments.
Simply, don't make skulling too effective.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »

Yes, but the whole thing with power is too, shall we say, tough. A lot of strategies will be scrapped . Thing is out of my 60b total fp,around 40b is actual fp. I simply won't be able to hit efficiently cos of extra. and atm ppl research warp stabs, so overpowering is not as a big issue.

You know, we better continue in-game before we get nicked for flooding, as it starts to repeat itself. Im Fallen (#114)on wars.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2008, 08:09:46 PM »

Yes, but the whole thing with power is too, shall we say, tough. A lot of strategies will be scrapped . Thing is out of my 60b total fp,around 40b is actual fp. I simply won't be able to hit efficiently cos of extra. and atm ppl research warp stabs, so overpowering is not as a big issue.

You know, we better continue in-game before we get nicked for flooding, as it starts to repeat itself. Im Fallen (#114)on wars.

That's another thing. If people have to be around level 200 they will only have a limited amount of command points which will force them to pick and choose exactly which skills to research.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2008, 08:34:35 PM »

sorry for the late replies guys, have been away for a bit.

losted, ur 35 disruptors didn't help u because u had a 95% chance of warping anyway. i was about 15 times ur power, tried to warp u, and u got unlucky. there is always a chance.

ur other post: why cant the US attack a small country?

the answer is because all other nations would defend that country because all other countries in the UN and such would team up vs the US. US = top alliance. UN = top 10 alliances. unfortunately the balance right now is more like the US worth $1 billion, the Russia (the IC, why not 16) worth 500 million, and the rest worth a lot less.

the only other world power is PoF, id compare us to Great Britian 16 why not lol

so basically, things like this have to be sorted out by the players in the game, not on the forum. new tactics will develop as they always had, and soon the tinymen will be useless. the atom bomb will yeiled to the hydrogen bomb.

lets sort it out in the game.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Salmon
Private

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2008, 10:32:24 PM »

I say that there should be more comunication,like systems taking by alliance should be desplayed, and it should be less hide and seek, i think part of the promblem might be that this game is browser based...so its not like you can actualy see people...if it was a game..like star sonata, there be more comunication and there could be territory boarders and such...but it shouldnt be where you control the ships thou....im pretty sure this has been suggested before.... 12
presm
Private

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »

theres one thing i can think of to make so wars more of a fighting feud for the top level players and ofc allow lower lvls rise in ranks but it would require significant recoding me thinks and calculations.

the losses are ofc linked to your economy people dont want to drop too much and be a free target and really the top dogs from what ive read are a bit scared of this .

so to the idea

SO wars is all about being uncapped in every way mounting up as much as you can, but with this comes the fact that the more you have the more you can lose. Building up an economy is hard in SOwars es[ecially for new players and this is the very reason the top dogs stay on top. I have a few suggestions

1/ add a soft cap on amount of workers/credits allowed in secret base based on commander lvl.

2/ add a soft cap on max capacity a planet can have based on commander level

3/ add exp gain from missions tie it into commander lvl and work the numbers so its not overpowered but enough to allow a commander to progress with missions very slowly this way it allows new commanders to compete on Wars to a small extent. give the exp gained from pvp a 200-300% increase more than missions and increase the exp gains from bounty by 500-1000%

4/ increase the stats on space stations, tie it into commander lvl increasing a % of each stat as you increase lvl

5/ give commander lvl milestones bonuses to some things.

6/ cap fleets by commander level, allowing a static amount of fleet cost and fleet power available per commander lvl aka lvl 100 commander allowed a fleet of upto 1 trillion credits as an example with 10 billion fleet power . this with other advances may bring some fun into pvp.

7/ pvp attacks, on planets and commanders based on fleetcost/fleetpower/commander level 

Say you want to attack our example commander. lvl 100 and a potential 1 trillion of fleet cost you could attack him using 1 trillion fleet cost +or- 50-80% and it has to have a 10 billion max fleet power with an appropriate +or- fleet power. lastly is commander lvl which is more tricky. and should diminish % as commander lvl rises. so like lvl 100+30% lvl 1000 +20% lvl 10000 +10% as a rough example. this way higher lvl commanders still have alot of potential targets and they can send in the smaller cost/power fleets to fight lower lvls but still have risk involved in it. also add in a feature which gives higher warp chances depending on the development of there economy. with having static economics dictated by lvl  you can gauge how developed that commander is aka if there development is only at 60% of there commander lvl they get a slight increase to there warp chances, fully developed they get nothing, overdeveloped they get nothing. all this stuff ofc takes place before bonuses kick in from Skills or modules.

8/ put a soft cap on warp stabalizers ect. so you get diminshing returns as it should be for all the ship modules/commander skills also.

say a 50% limit to all such things 1 point in something gives 1% the more you put in the less return you get towards 50% so like 10 points gives 9% 20 points gives 18% 30 gives 26% and so on towards 50% but work it so you never get to 50% obviously some number crunching requied to find the sweet point. but you get the idea.

9/ Limit number of segments by commander lvl. add some form of trading for slaves/segments ect for any surpluses that can arise from maxing out a colony or secret base of your level.

10/ disallow alts in this enviroment. to build on the competativeness and remove the possibility of alt abuse of any way shape or form.

11/ global positions ranked by comander lvl as well as fleet power.

so overall what would this mean, I think more competition and more fluctuations in positions than total domination. people fighting within brackets dictated by commander lvl meaning they are fighting on a relatively even keel. with your choices of development playing a role in how you advance. the softcaps ofc are basically a cap before bonuses are applied. and i think taking into account economic development of commanders also means that as people advance there economy advances. if they are fighting they are fighting on more even ground and losing a battle is a setback and not total collapse. this would make attacks frequent not as devastating to come back from, but having an overall role in the turn of events

so lots of ideas some potentially useless ofc.... But they are there and they may spark other ideas in others. so constructive feedback plz.

eagleowl
Private

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »

This is what I'd like to see:
1.Either remove cp from research,or make them easier to obtain-at the moment I find more honest politicians than ancient commander missions!
2.Make space stations and planets harder to destroy,and cheaper to build-that way,newbies will have more access to credits,and can build fleets faster.
3.On the main server you can be attacked by a much weaker player,but it's almost impossible to get your revenge(I just keep getting a message about the other player's ships being too small and escaping).If this is true on wars,it needs to be changed-if they attack you,they should reap what they sow!
Skrymir
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »

deffinitly need 1 and 3

for number 1.) you dont get ENOUGH cp to use for "your commander" let alone research

for number 3.) you mess with a bull you get the horns...not a super special forcefield to cage the bull away from you

for number 2, kinda, but since WARS is ongoing, play on SO main and use WARS as a secondary server, that way, "wasting" creds and turns for mining, research, and workers wont seem so bad.

But, faster growth is good also, and being countered if you attack someone much higher than you, as Mr. Stark once said, "Sometimes you have to run before you can walk"
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »

This is what I'd like to see:
1.Either remove cp from research,or make them easier to obtain-at the moment I find more honest politicians than ancient commander missions!

Thats wars server for you...The point of wars server is slow growth.

I agree we should have something that allows new players to research easily, but removing cp from the equation wont help a bit... If we do then we'll start seeing people with level 100 cloaking and the scanner people struggling to keep up because of the massive amount of turns required for a single level... same thing for stabs and disruptors.

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
eagleowl
Private

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2008, 06:57:53 PM »

I just thought of something else:
4.Bounties to be placed only on commanders who attack newbies and members of training alliances(unless said newbie/training alliance member attacked first,in which case it should be regarded as fair revenge).
No other criteria for bounties!
stupidyankee
Lance Corporal

New York Yankees

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »

I've said this like 50 times b4 but i'll say it again until we solve the mining problem why the heck would anyone want to play? would you wanna play with 100 turns wth are you gonna do all those minerals? Spend them on advanced biofarms that won't even help you? Or maybe making a "good" station with no cloaking  21.

Need a starter account for SO WARS message Mobius13 13

WARS Account= Silence555

Need help getting started? join Galatic Training Squadron 1

I'll take what i can get lol.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2008, 07:54:41 PM »

I just thought of something else:
4.Bounties to be placed only on commanders who attack newbies and members of training alliances(unless said newbie/training alliance member attacked first,in which case it should be regarded as fair revenge).
No other criteria for bounties!

its actually a very good idea

for instance, if someone attacks another player more than 30 ranks below them, a 24 hour bounty should be placed on their head, or until the counter wears off. it would help the lower ranks from being terroroized. the training alliance is more complicated because they are all player driven. unless one training alliance is selected, this cant really happen

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: