Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 20, 2024, 08:41:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Save Sowars lets think up some stuff  (Read 34252 times)
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »

sit down, analyze everything we've observed on wars. design a whole new improved  system and start a wars II server.

question - what keeps any one nation from becoming hundreds of times more powerful than all the others.?
question - why can't a superpower like us or ussr win a war against afghanistan. or iraq.?
question - why can't a superpower just raid and occupy all the other weak countries.?
question - what would happen to us(our economy) if we went to war with a half dozen little countries?
Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »

Im not chrys, but I will give a few points against it- first of all, no neb- line of sight, or whatsthename, the attacked person will literally be stripped of his segs/cash in a matter of hours. You must have been not playing WARs server- our scavengers are second to none. Second- the d-day idea is stupid, seriously. If you  want a level playing field, then everyone must be reset, not ppl losing their hard earned money for no reason. Because its what it is - giving away resources,which is not fair on them,as the person who the money goes to may not have done any work to earn it. And most certainly d-day will be abused to get resources, so next thing-top ppl will quit .And bios r so rare for top people, that they may not replenish it till next d-day. Third- uh, top twenty can attack anyone, they just don't want to. Concerning the newbs starting, i propose, that their commander lvl is calculated as if they played from day 1, and there was a discussion for turns(?) i think. The rest is a question of whether they are willing to put time in, or just quit.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 06:20:54 PM »

Brilliant!

sit down, analyze everything we've observed on wars. design a whole new improved  system and start a wars II server.

question - what keeps any one nation from becoming hundreds of times more powerful than all the others.?
question - why can't a superpower like us or ussr win a war against afghanistan. or iraq.?
question - why can't a superpower just raid and occupy all the other weak countries.?
question - what would happen to us(our economy) if we went to war with a half dozen little countries?

Possible inferences:
1)Solution to power gap is Conflict Device.
2)Smaller players should have the following option when attacking a massive player:
 Attack>Pick which fleet to attack given power>Attack only this fleet
3)When a massive player attacks a smaller player he will be "skulled"- he will have a skull status which will allow others to attack for 24 hours and he will have less HP.
4)Every time someone attacks he will be given credits just for going to war. Afterall, war is a great economy booster.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »

Dude, If the skulled was to happen, ppl would use alts to hit with a massive strong fleet, and reserve it. They do it now as well, but they are limited in range.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2008, 06:30:41 PM »

Im not chrys, but I will give a few points against it- first of all, no neb- line of sight, or whatsthename, the attacked person will literally be stripped of his segs/cash in a matter of hours. You must have been not playing WARs server- our scavengers are second to none. Second- the d-day idea is stupid, seriously. If you  want a level playing field, then everyone must be reset, not ppl losing their hard earned money for no reason. Because its what it is - giving away resources,which is not fair on them,as the person who the money goes to may not have done any work to earn it. And most certainly d-day will be abused to get resources, so next thing-top ppl will quit .And bios r so rare for top people, that they may not replenish it till next d-day. Third- uh, top twenty can attack anyone, they just don't want to. Concerning the newbs starting, i propose, that their commander lvl is calculated as if they played from day 1, and there was a discussion for turns(?) i think. The rest is a question of whether they are willing to put time in, or just quit.

In response to your first, not only one person will be scavenged. All will be scavenged! It will be chaotic. Everyone will be hit and all will be lost- over and over again. I believe the LOS tech should last a week or so-longer than the neb.
Secondly, they lose their resources because they couldn't defend themselves from the researchers.
The Conflict device will be used continuosly for awhile and gradually less. -Once the top reach a level close to 200(default) the middle tier will not be able to research on them because they will be less than 200(default). It is a perfect switch to keep everyone around level 200 where the fighting will be!
Thirdly, when I said top twenty could attack anyone using 0-120% of the defenders fleet power. This will allow the attacks to be fair. I also proposed that every time someone must power down, they may only use 1250 ships as to counteract swarm abuse.

Dude, If the skulled was to happen, ppl would use alts to hit with a massive strong fleet, and reserve it. They do it now as well, but they are limited in range.
I don't see the problem with this. If the alts are in range then they may be hit. If the alts are massive then they will be skulled.
Massive players, alts or not, will have to power down to hit lower players.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 06:35:30 PM by MeGuaRen » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »

No, alts start small, then unreserve a few trill ship, hit and reserve. nothing left to be skulled.

Next- top 20 can't defend from researchers cos they are too tiny to hit! In which case its either of two- they will wait inevitable or use alts as i stated above to obliderate and keep in check all the lower players, but there will be no skulling as they will all work together! and then it will end.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2008, 06:43:23 PM »

No, alts start small, then unreserve a few trill ship, hit and reserve. nothing left to be skulled.

Next- top 20 can't defend from researchers cos they are too tiny to hit! In which case its either of two- they will wait inevitable or use alts as i stated above to obliderate and keep in check all the lower players, but there will be no skulling as they will all work together! and then it will end.

That is an alt problem. It has something to do with the the Wars deterioration- I agree, but that cannot be fixed.
However, I don't know where the alts would get the cash to get a 2 trill ship for they would be a main once the main is brought to level 200 and the alt is more powerful. Everyone should be around level 200. The researchers might be attacked by others but anyone who powers down to attak them will have to have a fleet within 120% of the researchers power. It will be difficult to attack a good designer.

*I used 200 because it is default. I will continue to use it even though it might not be the number that will be used.*

I say this with the most respect, thank you for supporting your arguements with facts, AFB.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 06:51:29 PM by MeGuaRen » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »

One word-tinimen. And believe me, alts do get good funding from scavenging others. See where this leads? Btw, strong alts are common now, ask warboss, he'll show you.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2008, 06:47:41 PM »

One word-tinimen. And believe me, alts do get good funding from scavenging others. See where this leads? Btw, strong alts are common now, ask warboss, he'll show you.

Tinymen could be dealt with, given my suggestion to have powering down limited to only say 1250 ships MAX. Tinymen need more than this to be effective.
Perhaps there should also be a fleet cost calculator when powering down.

Then they are alts that act like players lets consider them players and they have nothing wrong with them. The first tier probably builds these to get action from the second tier which they don't have at the top. My suggestion will allow the first tier no boredom.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 06:52:02 PM by MeGuaRen » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »

Which would kill other tactics like kamiing and seg-reapers in the back. once again we are saying, this idea is flawed. sure it gets rid of problems, but creates even more.

Seriously do you play Wars regularly?

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2008, 06:54:39 PM »

Which would kill other tactics like kamiing and seg-reapers in the back. once again we are saying, this idea is flawed. sure it gets rid of problems, but creates even more.

Seriously do you play Wars regularly?

Kammiing and seg-reaping the smller players, in my opinion, should be eliminated.
If you are talking about kammiing and seg-reaping higher players this will not have an effect because it only affects those powering down.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:04:10 PM by MeGuaRen » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Its a valid tactic, and getting rid of it just because you personally don't like it is stupid.

I repeat, creating more problems and saying "deal with it,its not supposed to anyway" to get rid of others is not the way to go.

On other topics, also, i played since server staarted. Mostly, i started rising a month ago. Now, if i get ripped of everything within one day, would you find that fair? its not cos i can't defend properly, few players on one will have an edge, its  cos a neb is supposed to stop u being over-damaged, allowing you to make a comeback. I won't have that chance. And don't forget, segs are wasted every attack, so is money. so once it wears off, we'll have a bunch of ppl reduced to zero, with top 20 still dominating, cos they won't be fighting. even worse...

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2008, 07:11:01 PM »

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Its a valid tactic, and getting rid of it just because you personally don't like it is stupid.

I repeat, creating more problems and saying "deal with it,its not supposed to anyway" to get rid of others is not the way to go.

On other topics, also, i played since server staarted. Mostly, i started rising a month ago. Now, if i get ripped of everything within one day, would you find that fair? its not cos i can't defend properly, few players on one will have an edge, its  cos a neb is supposed to stop u being over-damaged, allowing you to make a comeback. I won't have that chance. And don't forget, segs are wasted every attack, so is money. so once it wears off, we'll have a bunch of ppl reduced to zero, with top 20 still dominating, cos they won't be fighting. even worse...

I never called it stupid and I never said deal with it. I am sorry that you feel I implied such things. I don't like when people say things like that either.

I believe the new players should have a chance to grow to the top and everyone should be in constant war.
Do you see that all the people on the top have been playing for a long time. It is virtually impossible for a new player to catch up to a player that has played since the beginning, for just that reason. It doesn't take much skill, it is just a flaw in the design of the server.

People will not be reduced to 0. They will be at level 200 for reasons I mentioned before about the perfect switch. The server is about continuous fighting.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:22:45 PM by MeGuaRen » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »

Sorry if i offended you. All im saying, its a tactic thats there, getting rid of it is not good in any way. Considering how easy it is to get under your power to stop you using full potential.

And taking away from players is not a good decision either. I know it sounds good for smaller people, but you got to concider top tier as well. The update of credits for destroyed ships will come to help, also re-calculatng swarm bonus to stop tiny-protection, and giving ppl more to start with.

MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »

Sorry if i offended you. All im saying, its a tactic thats there, getting rid of it is not good in any way. Considering how easy it is to get under your power to stop you using full potential.

And taking away from players is not a good decision either. I know it sounds good for smaller people, but you got to concider top tier as well. The update of credits for destroyed ships will come to help, also re-calculatng swarm bonus to stop tiny-protection, and giving ppl more to start with.

Well now you might attack lower players using better designs. If people power down to stay away from full blows then that is a new tactic. It is realistic. If one wants they might go down to their level.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: