Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 05:55:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO MAIN - NEW MISSIONS  (Read 3912 times)
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »

O.K. after some initial frustration and dismay, it turns out i do like the new missions - they do cost some turns, but that just means you need to be conservative and spend them wisely. i DO NOT however want to see them replace the old school encounters in any way. having the choice of both missions will keep SO main healthy and interesting. e please keep the old encounters as they have been and just add these new ones on top of the existing system. this may help alleviate the no encounters to be found anywhere syndrome.
Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »

I was thinking 50% - 50%. Both encounter types have their good parts.
There are some that only like to fight, and some that like a little exploring and maybe try to get a reward by avoiding a fight...

Btw, really great work on the mission creator, we have some more missions to review. Be sure to put you affiliate user or id, the one after a=### so you can get the credit for the mission fast.

Thank you.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »

so.. next round there will be less old encounters? because half of them will be gone to take place for the new ones? or are you going to make the number of encounters higher?

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »

so.. next round there will be less old encounters? because half of them will be gone to take place for the new ones? or are you going to make the number of encounters higher?

Well, the number of encounters will be the same, just that 50% will be Interactive while 50% normal. Their power is calculated in the same manner, so both are encounters and appear the same, just that one is Interactive and the other is fight for reward.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »

ahh.. thats going to be no fun.. especially if you change how you find the interactive ones.. so if you dont have pinpointers then you may get an encounter a day, and less black holes than there is now... which means maybe one every couple weeks

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »

ahh.. thats going to be no fun.. especially if you change how you find the interactive ones.. so if you dont have pinpointers then you may get an encounter a day, and less black holes than there is now... which means maybe one every couple weeks

On the other hand, Interactive Missions have lots of steps that give turns, you just have to find the right path. It should balance out fine.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »

ive done alof of the interactive missions and only found one that gave turns

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »

i got turns from one that you would never expect turns from - i think it was like an endangered planet.
ANYWAYS - E, i must congratulate you on an excellent job on these new missions, i think they are the gratest thing since swarm bonuses.  1 thank you for listening too.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 05:31:39 PM »

Cameron, what do you want him to do? Make it super easy to find everything? You're going to have to hunt them down if you want them. Overall, great job Emi, hopefully this will help balance SO out a little, not a lot, but a little.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »

well personally i like most of them but i dont think some are balanced.. my lead is about 2 trill fp.. and ive did missions and earned 25 trill creds... theres no way i should be able to do that, and some are very turn costly for crap rewards...

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: