Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 04:38:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: interest  (Read 5485 times)
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2008, 05:57:17 PM »

I know that this was discussed in detail when the interest mechanic was changed; but, i am having a hard time figuring out what happens to interest rates when a player has no workers... does the game steal all of your money or none? and then if the answer is all y?

i suppose that i could create an alt just to test this... but if anybody already knows i would appreciate the answer.
Report to moderator   Logged

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »

im not sure but i imagine when you have 0 workers you get 0 interest aswell

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »

does hat make sense? after all the game logic for u losing interest is that the workers steal it... (no workers = no steal?)

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 07:04:57 PM »

its pointless to imagine.
if u have 0 workers, u probably dont have the minimum of 50 mil creds to get interest anyway... are u planning no having 0 workers?

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »

nah i'm not planing on it jessie... i am just asking a question. i was helping j3matt recover segs to stop his negative worker growth and it occurred to me just how stupid that would be. it is, for example, to leave with a bil workers/creds in base and come back from vacation with 0 workers after raids and still have some cash. another example would be a new account that decided to donate and just dump cash in 17 base... idk just seems stupid to me that it would zero your interest...

-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »

i guess it does, but that is the only hole found in the stolen interest thing. other than that i think it works great

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »

well with 0 workers you have no one there to protect your stash and bums of the street can take it

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »

Once you have gone down the worker way, its next to impossible to be brought down to zero workers anyway. you will always have segs, and thus you will always have workers. Look at paralex, he was raided and hunted for months. Yet he still has his workers.

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »

i see what u guys are saying... but i still see no legit reason for it to happen. ssry... but bums on the street just plain doesn't happen on highly classified secret military installations... (in space)

-Silence444-
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05:30 PM »

space bums do.. gosh...

SkyTitan
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 06:08:32 PM »

Space bums don't have the money or knowledge to even get in. The reason there shouldn't be interest is you need workers to run the bank and run the money presses(or whatever they're called). I mean, come on you don't get interest from a bank with nobody there. People don't just come in and steal the money. It's just that no one is there to give you the interest.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 01:19:50 AM »

no, space bums are real...

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:21 AM »

Space bums don't have the money or knowledge to even get in. The reason there shouldn't be interest is you need workers to run the bank and run the money presses(or whatever they're called). I mean, come on you don't get interest from a bank with nobody there. People don't just come in and steal the money. It's just that no one is there to give you the interest.

What about Mal and his crew from Serenity, they have to steal to live right?
Where do you think they get the money for fuel?

From derelict secret bases with no workers, you bet  laugh
They just take your interest because they are good people and don't want you to notice  16
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:00:13 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: