Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 12:17:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alts  (Read 11550 times)
presm
Private

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:23:42 AM »

Been playing on wars for a bit now.. and to be perfectly honest I dont agree that people should be allowed to run alts on the wars server. It makes things alot harder for people plodding along enjoying the game.

Person B on bounty list gets wasted by Person A, so Person B decides to get revenge and looks out for person A's stations ect and pops them.... which is fair enough, alls fair in love and war. So Person A decides okay I see person B around im going to attack them make them warp or such if they are near my stations. Person B comes back and pops stations again then sends threatening message, If you mess with this character again ill get my main account and pop you again.... aka meaning he will wipe me out with his main account which has been around alot longer... built up ect ect.

Perhaps crap like this is why people are leaving.... because they are being bullied around by people in the top ranks, they cant advance without stepping on someones alts toes and getting retributions beyond what they can fairly handle. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:55:39 AM »

ahh shut it... were always going to have alts.. emi decided that when he first made the game

presm
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:41:13 AM »

ah nice... but expected as much from you. I left everything without names ect, but you come in mouthing off and flaming.

Fine... and as im sure people have worked out the poster above is the commander in question who sent the threatening mail to me. Something i didnt appreciate, I dont play games to be threatened by powermongering bullies. He has as yet not acted upon his threat but its his attitude that maybe pushing players away from the game. I havent played SO for very long I bought a gold account, Ive played and tried to learn the game from my mistakes, I get hit hard i pick myself up and build up again, frustrating but part of the game I know. One aspect of the game i didnt know about when i signed up to play was that alts were okay ( ofc if you keep them seperated which cameron isnt from threatening with another of his MUCH MORE powerful characters).

It may be an idle threat i dont know but Im pretty sure crap like this ruins the game for many people including me ( i may hang around or not havent decided after this recent event) who have just discovered SO, I think its a great game it takes time to learn and you cant learn everything from a FAQ you have to build up discover from your losses ect. Which i have done to some extent.

Its not alts ruining things its people with camerons attitude with an alt.... and lets be serious most people would have the same attitude as him if they have a vastly superior commander to back them up, alts plain and simple ruin gameplay and make it too tempting for people to fall back on there main when things get rough... or they need that little extra cred or anything of the sort. there are 3 SO servers running ... i have another gold account on SO main too... but seriously Alts are a bane to this type of game enviroment.

SO for me is about competetion and when you give people the advantage to have more than one account in operation you begin stacking the odds in there favour.

rant over
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:14:22 AM »

Looks like that's against the ToS to me ...

He should be banned. :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 01:45:24 PM »

Meh, I can say only two things- alts are very much legal, and removing them is impossible. But! Alts are alts, and nobody has a right to retaliate with a main, since its against ToS.

So, presm, suck it up, cam, uh, stop scaring away players, and get back to killing tsai 16

And threats are there to be ignored rtfm ! 16

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 04:19:02 PM »

oh no, i very much have the rights to get his planet cords with my alt then attack it with my main if i choose too, i just cant attack first with alt or scout then attack with main

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 04:24:41 PM »

tz, were u suggesting that a mod be banned?  wow

presm, I am friends with many low players, ranked 60-90. is it not the same that one of them would say something like "if u atk me ill get jessiedog to atk you?" its exactly the same.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »

laugh

Im quite familiar with that threat... but its usually just bluffs... i have see several people on their main accounts threatening others with the "I'll zero you with my main" act.

I disagree with your view on alts... you have no idea how boring it can become in the top ranks, so people make new accounts to enjoy some pvp again. Its basically the same as a Main player starting wars server, they may have experience in attacking and game mechanics but that doesnt mean its unfair for new players.

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
presm
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »

perhaps it is similar... but its his secondary account which makes it different.

Cameron i dont care take the planet all you want. I came here to discuss something about alts, I named no one I flamed no one at the begining. I only mentioned it was cameron after he posted your shut it ect and i took his  post as arrogance.

But I clearly have proven part of my point with your reply to one of the posts here and i quote

"oh no, i very much have the rights to get his planet cords with my alt then attack it with my main if i choose too, i just cant attack first with alt or scout then attack with main"

alts create an unfair advantage in a competative enviroment like so

yeah mobius I can quite believe it can get boring for you up there, thing is none of you guys are attacking each other ect youve built up and are scared to do anything at all, this is where your boredome stems from, I will attest that yes in some cases alts can be fun and such but if you look at the mechanics of SO it can be abused so easily to create an unfair advantage on others. and turning into the town bully with your top 20 main on lower accounts makes people think wtf is the point. Im never going to make it into the top 20 anyways but I cant have fun at lower level with the threat of people using there main to level me.

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »

yeah mobius I can quite believe it can get boring for you up there, thing is none of you guys are attacking each other ect youve built up and are scared to do anything at all,

OMG

Its not us... its the tinymen. People with better economies can just sit in peace with their near invincible  tinies and super high stabilizers until lower players can catch up and start to put up something resembling a fight...

turning into the town bully with your top 20 main on lower accounts makes people think wtf is the point.

the training alliance is there for a reason 1

we truce anyone who might be a threat to new players... If they dont want to join its not my problem

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 05:38:50 PM »

No,I meant cam, u can't say that u'll hit with a main if ur alt is under attack.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »

ya ya can as long as u dont hit with both accounts..... but presm you know nothing about the top ranks.. although many may not be seen on news there is attacks going on everyday to try and unseat the top people

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »

yea... we have been attacking every single day. not all of them are successful, but that doesn't mean there isn't attacking. alts are fun and are only that. as long as they are not abused theres no current reason to ban alts

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »

Ok, as long as u don't have a counter, which u use to guide a main, cos i think it counts as abuse, i may be wrong though.

DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 07:47:05 PM »

If a counter is used as a scout to then kill with the main then yes, that is against the TOS... BUT cam said himself that if u attack with both accounts then its against the rules...
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: