Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 11:50:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Minerals  (Read 12042 times)
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 04:46:28 AM »

I have no problem with there being an abundance of minerals deposited into the game via all of the above suggested methods.

I'm not sure the exact % Chrys, but its at least 50% from memory.

Random seeding is good ...

Resource creation from battles/salvage is good.

Making the Items drop *100 more units of resource per item is good.

Everytime a Supernovas is Encountered, the System should be reseeded with resources, as that is how it happens in RL. :-) Add some code to the SuperNova encounter to reseed the System after the Encounter has been defeated. Might give people a reason to do those encounters as well, instead of ignoring them.
Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 05:50:03 AM »

hey..supernovas as the seed?..thats brilliant. simple and yeah, effective.
maybe the other encounters can drop something as well? you are right, it gives more incentive to do those encounters instead of simply by passing em.

A.C drops x20 random seg items, black holes drop x20 30+% warp items, B.E drops..ermm...turn items?  laugh

sounds good

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
deathbymc
Private

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »

i think we really need more carbon and iv found alot of systems that have nothing in them anymore and its just they need to be reseeded or anything im fine with just as long as the resources arnt so scarce anymore Opps
deathbymc
Private

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 11:57:32 AM »

i really think the supernova reseeding when destroyed is the best idea kus i makes the most sense also what would make it more interesting is if there were like new resourses or something like that that can be used as...like a substatute for some that are hard to find like carbon
Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 12:05:44 PM »

Sadalsuud - Eta Trianguli 626,954 

Carbon is up for mining operations.... pls try to refrain from mining the diamonds though i need it for continual carbon replication.. I will blow up the base again as and when the carbon runs low. Only 1.7mill carbon is currently available, I blew up the base ahead of sked due to demand pressures....

cheers and happy mining.

emi...pls give me another lvl of base and mining tech  wow

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
Techgeek
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 02:28:30 AM »

Hello, I'm Emp. Techno since I can't find my password for my account on here I made a new one anyways I have mined 200K from Chrys system which is good since I"m going to build a station with a facility to remake carbon of my own which i will use to build planets to mine carbon and diamond (diamond one week then carbon the next) to dump into my mining facility to then make even more carbon but see I can't move more then 1 quad away from chrys carbon regerneration system so I'm going to make mine which will take a few weeks acrossed the galaxy in a few diamond rich spots found also I think all the special events should have something they drop (one main resource then a special resource) example would be like bio experiments should drop metal as the main resource and diamond as the secondary resource, Ancient Commanders could have iron and gold, supernova's should have carbon and stone while Black Holes drop a little of all resources since BH are so rare it would be very good choice for the all resources. Also maybe the voting could once in while if your really lucky give you 10000 of a radom resource this would be radom for all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: