Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 19, 2024, 11:39:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Collection...in BOOK form?!?!?!?  (Read 17709 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 07:14:45 AM »

*stabs monkey with a ball point pen*

am i in it?

(looks up) wow, i sound stupid.

Well, I have to say: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2626028/1

Writing seems to have become a popular past-time of retired spaceo players.  Emi, what do you put into the game to brainwash us?

BTW - fictionpress has this really nifty thing were you can get people to "beta read" your books/stories (for free) it's like a free editor. - A lot of them are the "Going for masters in English to become an editor and need experience to perfect the art" kind-a people.   If you’re interested in how ask me in msn. (I'll respond as soon as I can)

All 3 of the SO stories were once up on my fictionpress and were heavily reviewed and many suggestions given. fictionpress is a good site for writers.

And I made writing a popular passtime for SO players ;P

And yes lamma, you're in it, you were one of the big players in the 2nd story originally, I'm not completely redoing the entire series, god, that would take too long. I'm just improving parts and the overall flow of the series.

Update time: Editing is taking a while, but is NOT the reason for a significant delay, I actually slowed how fast I am editing down due to the fact that I lost my cover artist, sadly, the original has too much school work going on right now to do the cover, so I had to get a new one, though I'm not 100% confident in his abilities as I was her. So for a release date...I don't honestly know...no sooner than March for sure though.

Now, questions: Does anyone here have significant spacescape photoshop skills? and 2, what would you guys think a good cover would look like? I want some input (Note, this will NOT affect the cover the current artist is working on, just if i go with someone else/drop this guy).
Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »

reviewed maybe monkey - but have you EVER used the Beta reading option.  - I got 2 guys with masters in english going to be editiors editing my paper - thats pretty much a pro edititor already.  and DANG they are good.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »

reviewed maybe monkey - but have you EVER used the Beta reading option.  - I got 2 guys with masters in english going to be editiors editing my paper - thats pretty much a pro edititor already.  and DANG they are good.

by reviewed i meant the beta, lol. i had 3 guys before i pulled it off for publication and it helped a lot. A LOT of the revisions were things they pointed out for changing.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »

oh, well i got 4 lol

2 for grammar and 2 for other improvments.. its nice 13

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2009, 04:23:11 AM »

ya it is nice, helps out a lot.

Smee
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 05:38:37 AM »

i will only release the rights of Smee, if i get each book with a signature from you monkey, also id be willing to pay for shipping ahahah.

Smee  12
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: