Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 07, 2024, 02:37:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: segs for max ship size (again)  (Read 11366 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 04:51:27 AM »

people like new round starting every few months, the game is much more fun and exciting at the start of the round..

after the first few months its basically just grinding grinding anf even more grinding.

u cant say this update would reduce grinding becuase it would probably increase it...
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 07:33:48 AM »

people like new round starting every few months, the game is much more fun and exciting at the start of the round..

after the first few months its basically just grinding grinding anf even more grinding.

u cant say this update would reduce grinding becuase it would probably increase it...

True...the game is much more exciting at the start of the round
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 05:28:06 PM »

the beginning is also more fun because everyone is closer in power and u can attack anyone u want. there are no planets or like u said, not a lot of grinding. so guys... how can we make the entire round as fun as the first few months?

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 06:41:35 PM »

so guys... how can we make the entire round as fun as the first few months?

I think there need to be *major* changes for that to happen...changes to planets, stations etc. I mean once we get to the planet stage that is when we usually see a big difference in fp between players..
MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 11:13:52 PM »

Pshhh. You should only be able to fill 10% of the total possible marines in your ship with money. The rest are the workers on your secret base who alternate between protecting the motherland without generating credits or vice versa. No growth because all men are at war!
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 04:51:02 AM »

what we can do is start a new round every few months 13

now im joking with this suggestion 13

but we cna have new rounds every few months by bringing bacl pve boarding like we had a long time ago 13

those who know what that means dont hit me im joking 13:D:D

or just start d day b4 people max out. thats fun 2 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 07:23:31 AM »

ya, no one is going to start dday before they max with cash prizes on the table (worst idea ever in my opinion, only promotes grinding).

To fix the only fun at the beginning issue, the entire grinding factor would HAVE to be replaced by PvP, whihc would require Emi drop several key new features (planets being a BIG one).

Be easier for him to start a new server and just delete X amount of code and people can the play whichever they prefer, the Classic (no planets, maybe galaxy in its VERY early form, only old mothership contracts, 90% PvP) or Main (grind till you're out of crap to grind with).

Thus my continued suggestion of SO Classic. It'd appease a lot of players I hate this factor or that factor of main, wars, and PvE, because we can just say, play classic then.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 03:36:32 AM »

if you're limited to how big you get by your mothership size... it would take longer to grow... making it a longer time before gaps will form between power lvl's of people.  meaning even longer times where there is bunch of people your power lvl.

ALSO, with the main driving force being segs, you could actually keep other people from growing to fast, thus furthering that sweet time even LONGER.

and for these 2 reasons, it would also naturally encourage more PVP.

now I state again, so it would limit growth some... but isn't that the point?  one of the main problems is that those few who can grow quickly enough, CAN'T be stopped except for random events.  and then you sit there for the next 3 months until they finally max out so you can start a new round.

be honest, tell me how many of you have ever thought that... or worse, SEEN it happen.

sure, this suggestion wouldn't fix it outright, but it would help a lot. by limiting the size of your ships, it would severely limit how quickly you can grow.

ALSO, when your maxxed out, you build huge ships of unstoppable strangth.  completely untouchable.  if this were in place, you wouldn't be able to do that, or not as easily at least.  you may have FLEETS that completely pwn, but they wouldn't be maxed out so much that you would never take any losses, except for boarding.

and besides all of THAT, this is actually a suggestion Emi ALREADY agreed to... I was really just putting it back up, hoping he might finally do it.  you want me to dig around, see if I can't find proof of it, if you really need it... unless it was deleted due to age

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 03:34:28 AM »

no it would be possible to make ships that couldnt be destroyed...

why would we want to slow the growth anymore then it already has been, its hard enough to gain power later on in the round anyway.

secondly id say the majority of the space o community would disargree with this being implemented so it wouldnt b a good idea for emi to implement it.

thridly maxing out is not really about building the undestructable ships, its more to prove that you can do it, to show that you got as far in the game as it is possible to get to prove that you are the best for this round... or the 2nd or 3rd best if multiple people max out in a round.

if you want pvp go to wars, or better yet, just attack people on main if you want pvp they will prob counter you, then want revenge on your alliance...

and you say those that can grow quickly cant be stopped?? they can be if you attack them early on and stunt their growth, take them on early before they get out of your range, kami them... there are plenty of ways to damage the people who grow quickly...

and as i said before i think doing this update would totally negate the planets upgrade...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Scion of Fangor
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »

I agree with Ars, you can build ships of unstoppable strength (excluding marines), because a ship of one size needs 6 ships of the same side to destroy it, therefore, if you have one ship that max's you out, you can't be blown to bits.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »

Maxed out ships can't be beaten either way.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 10:50:45 PM »

not should they be... thats the point of having them maxed out

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 04:02:30 AM »

... ok... do I seriously need to say this? really? ...

Maxed out ships can't be beaten either way.

I guess so...

a ship gets boarded and doesn't have enough marines leftover to fend the attack off, it either gets captured or blown up regardless of it's strength...  surely you know this?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 08:09:25 PM »

yes we know this, but once you get max shipys you are not allowed to be attacked or get attacked..

well once u max out, but its the same diff anyways...

surely you know this?...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 02:20:46 PM »

yes... I heard about that... I figured it just meant since you were so high up the only people you normally attack were other people who were maxxed out.

are you saying that even if one WERE to max out, the only thing they can do is just sit there and wait until DDay? which at that point no one could stop them from launching it?

and while there at max, everyone else knows that no one can get above them, so the best h ope is 2nd or 3rd place, for the next month or so until again, DDay finally rolls around to lvl the playing field again?

and when it DOES finally reset, the people who did NOT make it to #1, still has no idea how to proceed past the point they got to earlier, which means the ppl who maxxed out before already have an advantage.

this doesn't sound like a game... at least not a game worth playing...  hit DDay just to be mocked at the prospect you -may- actually win... in reality the same few people probably gonna max out again.

now if we make it impossible to max out... this breaks the cycle of maxing out and hitting dday, to max out again.

the other possiblity is getting rid of dday... which I don't think ANYONE wants to do

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: