Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 09:32:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: (Ab)use of alts  (Read 11104 times)
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:36:34 AM »

People have been using alts for a long time now, the problem is, these alts offer huge advantages  ever since the galaxy update because people use the turns on the alts to find the goodies in the galaxy for the main account; I think something should be done about it; It would be good to see sir Emi's position on this.
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 04:50:45 AM »

I agree, but personally, think it's about time we just ban them out right. They cause a lot of problems, people cheat with them and abuse them and get away with it, and the more complicated the game gets, the easier it is too cheat and the harder it is for Sir Emi to catch them cheating. Once upon a time alts were a great thing, but now they're getting out of hand.

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:34:18 AM »

yeah alts should be deleted, or at least restricted to something like 1 alt per user or something. they also make a good advantage for the top ppl that has time to play em all to the top ranks, which is kinda unfair to the other good ppl that doesnt have time to play alts, just mains.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:47:54 AM »

Weaker players giving the coordinates of encoutners to stronger players is about the same.

I like to allowence of alts, and makes it easy to take over someone's acount when he's on holiday.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 01:21:56 PM »

hmm... ya...  kinda hard to stop something between alts when other members can do it for each other...  especially in this case.  actually, kinda smart 1  but regardless, here soon, it may be taken care of anyway, as when E's galaxy overhaul comes in, encounters is going to be one of the least things worried about in galaxy, methinks  14

hmm... planet XYZ...  21

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 01:31:35 PM »

I have an alt I use to help new players learn the game.  I would not mind giveing up my alts.  we know have enough players to not need alts.  I am in agreement that the alts should now be banned with the exception of family players.  there are some that are know to be family and I dont what to see them banned from the game however, there is a way to confirm that.  I believe alts should be eliminated at this time in the game.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 08:15:06 PM »

Plz for, keep the alts up this is one point which I realy liked on this game 10

Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 09:09:46 PM »

There are some players that have DOZENS of alts, floating anound the galaxy...

And not even creatively named, just basename1, basename2, basename33 and so on.

I argee that alts need to be controlled at some point. With the galaxy encounter having such high value, using the alt's turns for scouting can result in extreme abuses and power mongering.

News
******* encountered the Black Hole, engaging 282.969.389 fleet power.
******* encountered the Black Hole, engaging 332.624.922 fleet power.
******* encountered the Black Hole, engaging 199.066.652 fleet power.
******* encountered the Black Hole, engaging 175.592.423 fleet power.
******* encountered the Black Hole, engaging 415.457.325 fleet power.

When a player can spam the news like this it shows there is clearly something wrong with the current system. This example is taken from real news items and I've seen such abuse by multiple players. Heck, I even created my first alt the other day to use for scouting the galaxy sine it works so well!

hmm... ya...  kinda hard to stop something between alts when other members can do it for each other...  especially in this case.  actually, kinda smart 1  but regardless, here soon, it may be taken care of anyway, as when E's galaxy overhaul comes in, encounters is going to be one of the least things worried about in galaxy, methinks  14

hmm... planet XYZ...  21

I disagree ars, yes it is smart, but it is also detrimental to the spirit of the game. Alliances should succeed and fail based on communication and hard work, but by allowing alts to scout the galaxy, alliances have one less thing to communicate and work together on. Galaxy encounters become a  single-player game, we might as well all just play an off-line version of SO, and post our final scores to the forum to decide who wins.

On the other hand controlling alts, is alot of work and it is a never ending project, some games are deluged with alts in the begining, and the owners decide to harness alts... It ends up taking the designers ALL thier time hunting down the alt abusers and other cheaters that the game stops evolving and dies.

I think a good way of controlling alts, is that only Gold Account members can make an alt commander. In addition further control and game support would result from having the proccess of creating an alt cost $20, then as a benifit your alt starts with gold status.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 01:12:38 AM »

that's a good idea ducas...that would prevent people fro making them just to get higher in the game.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 04:56:27 PM »

man if you guys deleted alts now who knows how many allaiances would fall apart, i control a training allaince with an alt, and thouse guys need me, and lightseeker, if you seeing people useing alts to scavange the galaxy why dont you do it to? its not that hard, i mean everyone can have the advantage of useing an alt, its NOT against the rules...

mabey somehow restrict them a bit, to keep thouse players trieing to abuse them in cheak, aka a systeum that prevets attacking your own alt or tradeing to yourself.. (something with were they log in from, saying "you cant attack yourself" ect.)

or something to slow people down (that i would REALLY REALLY REALLY hate) by not letting more than one account log in on a single computer, that would make it so that it would be a hassle to use an alt to explore, and it would slow stuff down having to log in everytime to switch accounts... but that would be a last result... but anything just dont take them out...

i like alts, there is always alterntives, their is no need to punish everyone for the misaktes of a few 11 year olds who think they can cheat to win their way

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »

Now I can just take over an acount from a friend who's on holiday on other games thats just impossible. And for ppl like me I coudl adjust my IP everytime I login, so there is always a clitch against it. I think allowance is best 1

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

sure you can change ip their is always people whom can do that, but its deffently not the mass majority a few people here and their may find a way around it but for the most part, he can easly make it so that only one account can sign on a computer at a time... it works even now if you dont click "no cookies" all he would have to do to put it in action is to take that botten out, then noone would ever be able to have more than 1 account on a computer...

i dont like the idea but it is one, thats if Emi were change something on alts, i pefferabley want them the way they are now

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 05:10:51 PM »

I dislike this idear in anyway. I see now way positive against removing them. Yes there is a posibility to abuse them, but everythign can be abuse. Keep it like it is its good liek it is.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 05:13:09 PM »

yes keep it how it is.. i dont want them gone they help me, and if you dont like other people useing them to help them them in the galaxy, you can easly too... its your problem complaining about alts and people usieng them to an advantage and you yourself not refusing to use them

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 03:10:37 AM »

well I expected Lamma and FTP to disagree with this is such a manner, since they have multiple alts.  I am not doing this to harm the few and I believe that with all the new members the alts are no longer necessary.  I like DDs Idea of alts having to be gold.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: