Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 06:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: extend ranking list  (Read 4843 times)
Crazy Man
« on: July 23, 2006, 12:46:25 AM »

i would like to see ranking list extended so i could see all the players i could attack i dont like not seeing who is below me under 25 players of my rank. this is kinda getting frustrated because one of the player is keep attacking me and i couldnt see him on my ranking list. i know the fact that he is somewhere below my "near Crazy Man" ranking list.

perhaps you could make it option where players could select it if they want a extend ranking list 100 players on the list instead of 50 players?
Report to moderator   Logged
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 02:18:13 AM »

how about just a "next" and "previous" button lol... you cna search for people by name thoguh by going ot doante for a freind and type in their id or name, and it will show their power

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 09:25:32 AM »

well or just check ur own log, go to war room and enter his name into the mask - than counter attack him - easy. - Works fine so far for me.
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 09:19:35 PM »

yeah but broni problem with that is if oyu are at liek rank 400 and som1 hit oyu you dont know if they are above or below you... you could be countering som1 rank 11 from rank 400 w/o checking...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:34:08 AM »

Well, that's where you use the support thingy.

However, it doesn't tell you how many segments or ships the person has.  For instance, the player could have 104 segments and 50 million power, in which case you know a counter is pretty much going to fail.  Or the person could have been 0'd, and the segments are free to take (or, the base is free to raid).  There are important things that the support feature doesn't tell you that are handy to know.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 01:43:30 AM »

yes, I'd like to see an optional ranking extension to as far as you can attack, and if your limit is closer than that, than to 100. Or something like that.

Crazy Man
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

perhaps we could have something like you type in a player's name or account number and it will pop up the information of the player (I.E number of ships, what power he is at, segments, and....rank he is in now)

how about just a "next" and "previous" button lol... you cna search for people by name thoguh by going ot doante for a freind and type in their id or name, and it will show their power

that could work. i like the either ideas, if Luffy do your way or my way..its fine 1

yes, I'd like to see an optional ranking extension to as far as you can attack, and if your limit is closer than that, than to 100. Or something like that.

in my rank, i could see all the players i could attack above my rank but i couldnt below my rank. i still couldnt find one of the player that attacked me yesterday..the counter-attack icon is gone by now  10

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:09:12 PM by Crazy Man » Report to moderator   Logged
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 04:39:19 PM »

i think all we need is a previous next button just so you can find more targets at low powers too...

Crazy Man
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:49:43 AM »

yeah i'm starting to agree with you (Hellsword) we do need a previous and next button to see players who i can attack
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 01:28:13 PM »

well, there IS a way you can search for people now:

1: go to 'support us' page
2: go to 'give gold to other person' page (near the bottom)
3: type in ars68 and hit send  13 (jk)

but seriously, you can go there, type in there name, and it will show some of their stats, I forget how much, I know it isn't as much as seeing them in rankings though 10

but I still agree, there has been to many times you KNOW there are more targets out there you can hit... you just can't seem to see them 10

of course, manipulating your power with pships has also been a way to 'search' the rankings 1

hmmm...  planet fruitbasket?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 01:34:21 AM »

ars, all it shows you is their ID#, the name, and their power.

It does not show a lot of the truly important info...ship count, alliance, segments.

edit: plus, it would help newer commanders to find a wider range of targets to attack...sometimes, everyone is nebbed that you can see.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 01:39:34 AM by charmuska » Report to moderator   Logged
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »

ya, that's it, it shows their power.  anyway, one of your points was you don't know if he is like 1000x times your power now, and that would let you know.  upon knowing his/her power, you could -try- to adjust your power accordingly to see him/her.  now, if he is to low for you to see, then chances are you can't hit him/her anyway.  anyway, I DO agree though, don't get me wrong, the ranking list SHOULD have a way to expand it.  well, the only reason why not maybe is because that is what E intended, that you just can't see past the 30 or so motherships, due to scanning range... lol.  then what would top 10 be?  hmmm...

hmm... planet himer? herim? hm... im... pm... pms..  O.o  naaa....

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 03:41:09 PM »

How about adding a <search> field to the war screen?

You could enter a name or # and then search for their info, it could be displayed in a small strip across the top looking like the cutout from the rankings page. Or, it could look even cooler with a discription, listing all the important information like ranking, power, ships, segs, truce, alliance, etc. maybe include their picture. It would make attacking much more personal and interesting. This would also help in those cases where your typing in a commander# to attack and make a mistake or forget to chage the number from a previous attack on someone else... the war description screen would show their name and all the info needed to realize you made an error.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: