Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 12:40:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion to limit credit transfering  (Read 8276 times)
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:44:07 AM »

Okay, this is kind of different but hear me out. Create a legal tribute system, a simple tribute Xcreds to "player Y" and eliminate market PvP trades. Then when the player recieves the creds, they are put in a sort of "holding station" and are automatically dolled out every 24hrs. You only get an amount of creds per day proportional to something about you, like 1bil*commander lever or 10mil*total power or whatever anyone else might think of. This would cut down on the quick 100x jumps of players. It could still happen but it might take 10 days instead of 30sec. This system clearly has flaws but i think it is better than what we have and obviously the numbers are changable.

Oh, and i still what my alliance notice board
Report to moderator   Logged

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:55:54 AM »

well I am one to say if I spend 4 hours creating a super ship for broni or light or lamma or hellsword I what my 2% royalties. I say that the credits go to a reserver bank to insure the ships are actually used for X missions or destroyed by an enemy before you get your credits, thus stoping making 100 buying ships and then selling them just to get a person power jumped.  and also like E said he told me to get my 2% some other way.  Thus I said TH designs are a 10% hull cost up frount now.  so when I get my 10% of 5 quint. you noticed E didnt say I could not do that.  that is not power jumping. that is being paid my 2% since those ships will now be able to be purchased by other comaders and I wont get my 2% from any of them at 70 billion max royalties. We still loose massive amounts of royalties from just 1 ship design. and now there is the 3 royalty limit. if I could I would remove every TH design every made from the gold database but for some reason they show up when cloned even when I have it set to priviate. and I dont get squat for the clones like I should.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:44:02 PM »

what IS the point in that? you make market limited to 2 trades per person for non gold, but in those 2, they can be as high as you want... then in royalties you limit both number of times AND the amount you can get...   confused

anyway, ya, as long as there is the possibility to get credits or soemthing off of another account, there will always be the potential to transfer credits.  and you can't have a decent PvP game without being able to get something out of hitting others, so it is really unavoidable.  you might as well just make an official way of doing it, then leave it at that.  besides, having that option is always really cool, especially if the items are going the direction I think they are going  21

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 12:40:41 AM »

this has been suggested b4, (multiple times), heres most recent topic on this :
http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php?topic=868.0

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 01:30:45 AM »

Dang, thought i had a new idea. Oh well

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 09:12:26 AM »

I say prevent all transfers from person to person period. It's starting to get out of hand, and it's affecting gameplay quite a bit.

Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »

This was meant to be posted in this thread yesterday...
==========================================
Sent to Sir Emi,

Excessive Money Transfers

About 10 hours ago, before I went to work, there was someone doing excessive amounts of money transfers, that the amounts being traded far surpassed any logical sale or bought info. They were trading High Tech Scanners, I think, and the amounts were 2.5Trillion Credits for the buy, and the seller was at 25Trillion Credits...

I watched them cycle through those two offers appearing, disappearing, and reappearing about 8 - 10 times over the course of nearly 30 minutes. I would imagine that a player willing to trade this many credits, is willing to transfer more than I saw in my limited time. I would estimate the amount transfered to be 200+ Trillion Credits. Once I pointed out the transfers in chat, many people started watching and speculating on who it might be since, only a few people could even make such trades, requiring very large warehouse space/ mothership segs. After a short time and several more transfers, with most of chat talking about what had happened, the transfers stopped, likely because of all the attention.

I would hope you can investigate this matter, and even though this round is virtually over, perhaps keep them in consideration for next round... as someone willing to go so far as transfering this many credits, is willing to stretch other rules or find other unintended loopholes.

Thanks.
==============================================

I truely think that Sir Emi should do away with ALL Independent Market use, it has become far to easy to manipulate the reasoning for transfering undeserved credits, on the bassis of an individual sold a ship, BH info, or hit someone I hated, or walked my dog... I find this defeats the purpose of PLAYING the game, if someone is willing to give another player this much credits, anyone can win if only the sweet talk and befriend the right players, it is no longer about being the best but about being a suck up.

Sponsership of weaker players and friends through loopholes and lack of gamesmanship, will ruin Space Odyssey for many players.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:09:42 PM by Demitrious Ducas » Report to moderator   Logged
Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 01:10:12 PM »

These are my new thoughts and reply...
===================================

Argueing that, your using the independant market to recoup losses to a change in the royalty system, is the same as saying

"I'm bending the rule on royalties and ship sales that was recently changed because I belive it is wrong, I'll use this other loophole to get my due!"  12

You are fighting the bad fight here, using a game tool, to defeat the changes that Sir Emi actually made, to control this exact issue... I agree that LEGITAMITE ship designers got screwed in the ship royalty changes, but it has no purpose here, and only goes further to highlite that the changing of hands of credits between players through use of the independant market is violating the rules and hurting the game.

Disabling the independant market changes the ACTUAL market very little, since so few people use independant trading for real goods sales/ buying, it is virtually the sole purpose that ANYONE uses the buy/sell goods to make independant offers to exchange unearned credits, except those few times when a commander tries scamming those distracted commanders working the market too quickly to notice that they just bid on an item set up for thier loss. Both of those latter reasons show plenty that this game can do with out and all the more reason independant market trading isn't needed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:11:58 PM by Demitrious Ducas » Report to moderator   Logged
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:19:33 PM »

I say again:
ANY way that a person can interact with another person, and gain from it, has a potential to transfer credits or such.

as further example:
planned bounties using easaly killed powerships
capturing empty hulls in a board attack
raid the secret base stash and workers (since workers are so pointless up there anyway)

to actually prevent all ways of transferring credits would essentially kill off the current purpose of Space Odyssey, or at least any real interaction with other people.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »

I agree that any method can be used to transfer credits... but some methods are of little use to the game and make it FAR too easy to do so. There is no way to cature hulls without risk of loss, there will always be bounties collected on pships (new credits not transfered P2P). I'm not saying those should be eliminated. Raids on base for workers and stash is essential to the game, it is pointless to mention it here.

I'm saying the market just makes cheating TOO easy, get rid of the private bids.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 02:42:44 PM »

I agree Ducas, getting rid of private bids will make the playing field a little more level and fair.

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »

this is just a other post the same ppl are playing the ball to each other ... u guys say the same in kinda like 10 post at the  time ... u mean by this u become more right?
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »

no, bigbroni, we make more people aware that it IS a problem. you're really starting to get on my nerves. We just want the game to be fair for everyone, that includes those who CAN'T donate.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:54:38 AM by Monkey D. Luffy » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 11:34:26 AM »

I can say something becus I dont like it, I can shout I dont like it. And I can just keep shouting and whining about it. If you posted in 8 different topics the same thing you dont need a 9th and 10th time to shout it again.

Broni is not more then a player, who gets sick of reading the same whining over and over again as some ppl think if they complaign long enough they get what they want.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 11:53:44 AM »

We aren't whining, but when a problem is posted, and the solution is the same, we have every right to repost it. I edited my post, as it was a bit too insulting, and for that I apologize, but bigbroni is still out of line. He has gone through and snapped at every post made by ducas and I on anything that changes the game for him.

We merely want the game to be fair for EVERYONE, golds, donators, and freeplayers, that's it.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: