Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 03, 2024, 10:54:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: First impression?  (Read 13329 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:44:08 AM »

So what was your first impression?
Did you get attacked yet or stalked another mothersip?
Did you try the new battle system?

Is the PvP aspect any good?

I tried to mix it up with all the good aspects of PVP I could think of to make it good for the attacker as well as the defender, and make it so you get a sence of the PvP hunt 1
As you can see, most of your resources are gained passively, biofarms, secret base, mining facility, so you don't have to worry about that and can just focus on the hunt in the Galaxy. Tried to eliminate grinding and make it interesting, as you never know what to expect in the next sys you jump into. You could jump into an empty sys, or you could jump into a trap crawling with the enemy online armadas 1

Any feedback is appreciated  1
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:05:38 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »

Well, so far, I've only found 3-4 people and only managed to attack one but I'm sure this will not be a probllem once more people join
Report to moderator   Logged

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 12:35:16 PM »

well yah i mean how many stars out out there?? tons :p

i already got attacked and nebed, then stalked the guy who attacked me and 0red his only ship!! ha ha die night! :p

its intresting, im still getting used to the ranking though for now i get confused and its annoying to switch to see who's online or to see the top rankings.. i geuss thats partly because the galaxy is soo empty right now that i usally dont see anything in the systeum im at..

oh and emi, im glad you liked that suggestion :p seems like a good idea sence it is going to be a PvP more perment version without dday..

~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »

awww thought there wasnt gonna be nebs BS

I shut my eyes in order to see
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 01:52:53 PM »

Yeah 1000 stars wirth 124 registered players from which not yet everyone bought something is abit few trying to find a single fish in the entire ocean  12

Asria
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »

It's fun so far. :3
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 02:48:36 PM »

its cool so far...i think we should be able to land on planets when we are offline, make it cost like 20 turns to land, 10 to launch..5 turns to scan a planet and 5 to attack if theres someone there. and also orbital gun platforms that extend only so far from a base.like in same quad...so theres system fleets gets first attacks, then the orbital gun platforms then the base...you keep the platforms in same quad as base, so people have to go through them to reach the base.the system fleets and platforms could work together in defense of planets and people landed on planets. makes it harder to kill those way to freaking expensive stations and gives me more things to kill on my way to kill someones base. the attack system is cool...leveling is annoying..maybe ill get over that when i get more used to the new game play. anyone else think landing on planets would be cool?

Peace And Happy Hunting
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 02:52:50 PM »

seems real cool.. found a couple people.. couldnt manage to attack either one.. it would be cool if you should scan nearby planets.. like maybe the same quad for ships or something.. and maybe make it a little easier to get turns since it takes so many to find and attack someone.. and i think the whole planets thing drakken just mentioned sounds pretty cool

~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 03:03:25 PM »

personally i think the turn should stay as they are basicly because when the server gets bigger and more people it wont be like this no plus the fact this is a persistent galaxy so time and turns doesnt really matter

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »

have a few questions.. it says i have 100,000 exp on my commander... but im still at lvl 0.. and i won come cp from voting but i cant use them on anything.. the little plus signs you click you spend your commander points on arent there

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »

you need to use the hologram training to lvl up. but just 1 turn

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
~kempy~
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 05:34:06 PM »

yes thats right your exp gets added to you but you dont level up till you get a little more exp by sending turns or creds and stuff

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 03:15:15 PM »

i do wish that you could get counters on people even if their attacks failed.. i got attacked.. they couldnt hurt anything.. but i couldnt attack back

djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 04:43:01 PM »

Its pretty cool so far but how will i find time to play both SO and SO Wars?  16  laugh nice job emi! respeckta!  19

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 07:01:16 PM »

i do wish that you could get counters on people even if their attacks failed.. i got attacked.. they couldnt hurt anything.. but i couldnt attack back

There, you said it yourself. Attack signatures are a very powerfull thing to have 1 You can stalk and hit them when they're not looking. I like it.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: