Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 05, 2024, 05:35:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Borg.. you messed yourself up...  (Read 10072 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2006, 06:51:55 PM »

he tried to manipulate the rules of space odyssey. i think he should be delt with harshly with the statement show in the ToS

Fair play     
        Players who are trying to manipulate the rules and/or use loopholes in them can be deleted from the game. Before taking a decision each case will be looked at separately by the Space Odyssey team. 
-located in the very frount of the Tos

and what may you ask he manipulated?

Borg traded over 7 bil to midnight, (who is his accomplice in the crime) who then traded the 7 bil directly to borgs alt (the borgs 2nd alt) to be exact this is manipulateing these rules: [note just got word from midnight that he had nothing to do with the trade, meaning that borg did it directly.. this means he framed midnight for helping him to try and avoid me caughting on to him actally abuse the rule directly witch is so much worse]

You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.

You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in order to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources     

he manipulated this buy trading the money first to a friend then to his account.. witch is still in the end him giving the money to his alt.. not only this but he used this newly found money to attack and completly 0 at least 15 bil worth of ships + maraines

Borg and midnight knew what they were doing, and therefore it isnt a matter of "well they didnt know".  I this want them to follow the rules shown above, about manipulateing the rules, Deleting of his account - and mabey even punishing Midnight for helping borg in this crime

if you need proof here is the ToS

http://www.forum.spaceodyssey.biz/index.php?topic=17.0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 09:00:50 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »

Well I have not talked with Borg about this yet myself.  however,  If this is true it is a clear violation of the TOS Terms of service.  I am of the opinion that if this is true  Borg should have his alt accounts blocked for a period of time or Deleted.  I do not have a problem with him trading goods and stuff to his alliance member.  however when that alliance member then trades those same items to borgs alt, if this is true,  I have not talked to Borg.  Only to Lamma, and I dont think he has a reason to lie about it.  since he and another older member are the reason the rule was created. Doing it directly to thier alts.  another option is that Borg make restitution to all those that his alt attacked after that.  Borg is a veteran player and knows that it is the spirit of the game that he is breaching,  If this is true.  punishment and an example must be made.  I do not what to see Borgs main account harmed,  But his alts should be either blocked or deleted and he should not be able to create more alts for the rest of this round.  that is if this is true.  I have not confirmed this with Borg myself.
Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »

and what would this do? nothing really? i want borg himself punished and possible even midnight too for helping him do this, mabey not deletion, but like a tempary ban something like  a couple days, mabey a week were thier accounts freeze, this would show them what happenes to them when they break the rules thats if ppl dont want them deleted

borg
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 07:53:19 PM »

lamma i wouldnt have done it if yu hadnt cheaply attacked every member of my alliance and yes i do admit to it but please dont ban my main account
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »

okay then how about like 1 week ban.. you deserve some sort of punishment for that...

and no i didnt cheeply attack all your members, i didnt abuse any rules posted in the Tos, all i would do is bounty attack them, whenver they were in range, and if not i would do missions to get into range.

ask all of them, Spayed, Farzard, and Wesling God i never scouted once, i only ever bountied it was mostly their falt for not propaly gaurding there ships, the reason why they were taken so easly..

as for the rest, im pretty sure useing an alt to attack people isnt against the rules, and i dont attack only your allaince, i dont even single them out. i actally attack pretty much anyone that i can see with the least amount of ships, ask who has been attacked by skum bag. just about everyone

borg
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 08:22:43 PM »

you attacked wrestling god who know how many times he said he ran out of money resupplying marines to get back up
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 08:47:05 PM »

i did 3 bounties, and the first one my ships that i attacked with had no marianes...

but still once i lost like 2 bil maraines i didnt want to give up on a huge loss, i hit one more time and captured, the selling of the ships was about the samd as how much a lost + like 200mil...

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 08:55:27 PM »

Well, I am going to state this one for the record... "I had nothing to do with this transaction, or anything related to assisting the borg"

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »

ouch borg.. dose this mean you lied? and did the money trade directly?? that makes it so much more worse, you violated the rule directly

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 09:08:13 PM »

barring the part abotu midnight involvment (not sure who to believe so not posting an opinion either way) my opinion, for what it counts for, is that borg definitly broke rules to get his alt money form himself, however lamma was attackign all his alliance members while he was truced with borg for another week+, so its not liek borg just did it to safeguard the lead... nyways my opinion is that borg should be punished, but not deleted or banned permanently

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 09:27:21 PM »

well the punishment should be something like his account frozen for a week...

or if it was a direct trade to his alt this should be punished more serverly like being banned for the reaminder of the round...

mannaman15
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 09:38:09 PM »

Well Im not sure what to think, but im sure it will come to me while im typing this 16
So Borg, did what we all used to do, hand money to alts to have some fun, you did it I .. actully have never had an alt but ill pretend i did it too 16 I say ya its against the rules but.... well there is no but... well i mean everyone has a butt.. but....thats beside the point... hmm i need to go to bed... oh okay enough comic relief... although there wasnt much cmedy involved... okay I say..... and the final judgement is..... dang, I thought it would come to me but it didnt.... I like borg,... but thats not cool what he did... so... how about an account reset? if he donated at all simply take the amount he donated and start his new account with that amount of donation at the current rate of exchange.

Seriously. Emi, this is a direct violation of YOUR TOS agreement. That thing is your word. If you say their accounts should be deleted or reset, than delete or reset them. If you find himnot guilty, than, tell us all why. I think you should check youre logs, and see who all was involved. If borgs alt was used in relation to midnight, do whats necessary.

Thats my 2 dollars.

Peaciness
---Wes
borg
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 11:02:59 PM »

well im done i quit i remember back in the old days when this was a game filled with nice people but now that lamma is mad about being killed even tho hes 0ed plenty of people in this game not caring what they think is just out of the picture lamma i hope you dont get rank1 after i quit and also light good luck
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 12:40:56 AM »

sure i 0red people, but not by breaking the rules borg...

i did it completly legaly, all that money on my alts was resulted of me taking days to get it..

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 01:26:23 AM »

Lamma has never violated the ToS. And I can give reasonable evidence that a transaction did occur to borgs alt. He made a MAJOR power jump, from having been zeroed, to being strong and hard to beat.

Also, Borg, it doesn't matter if lamma was attacking your members, he is ALLOWED to do that. He is ALLOWED to zero them and wipe them out, in fact, that's what this game IS ABOUT. It's a war game, get over it. You made an extreme violataion of ToS, and I request that borgs alt be deleted, and the account of borg be banned for NO less than a month, though the standard 2 months would be more appropriate. I would say a permanent IP ban for him, but it is his first violation, and even though it is severe, we must be somewhat leanant.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: