Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 12:56:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: what is the percent of raiding players' base?  (Read 3290 times)
Crazy Man
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

lightseeker recieved a gold account for winning his first round, and yes, he would have won it again without it. second, until you had it, only 3-4 people in the top ten had gold, and usually it is less then that, but more people are buying gold, so the percentage of players with it is higher. Tell me, out of the top 50, how many do you think have gold? no more then 20 for sure. If gold helped so much, then the top 100 would be nothing but gold members, that's why this game is better then others, you don't need to be gold to win. Sure, it helps some, not as much as you're trying to make it out to be though. Yes, the interest does help, yes getting 20% of ships does help, but it doesn't make the game for you. You've got to know what you are doing to be able to win. You yourself were winning LONG before you had a gold account, and according to you, Rivu got one recently too, so that means before you guys got them, we had 3 gold accounts in the top ten, that's it. Yes, you're power would be higher if you had it at the beginning of the round, but it wouldn't be ass high as you are saying, or lightseeker would be miles above you guys right now. Like I said, it helps quite a bit, but not as much as you think.

And no ronald, it's impossible to 0 someone's stash, you only get to take a certain percentage from them, and I've done what luna is doing before I had gold. not that high in power, but I did it. You also must remember commander bonuses, which I'n sure are the main reason he is doing that so much. The commander/building bonuses are what do the most work there, not gold account.

the phrase with bold and underline...i have a question about that....you said certain percentage from raiding other players' base...i would like to know what percent?
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 07:04:11 PM »

Basically, your power decides how much you can get from someone's base, and this is compared to their power, but there is a limit, and you cannot take all someone's credits, because eventually they'll get so few that your percentage taken is =<0 so you get 0. I don't know the exact formula, but you can ask sir emi.

Crazy Man
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:25:24 PM »

oh alright 1

(sorry for posting this topic in wrong place..i dont know where to put it)
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 06:37:46 PM »

Lightseeker didn't ONLY recieve his gold account for winning his first round.

Lightseeker was given his gold account shortly after I requested that Emi give him a gold account. Lightseeker contributed greatly to the making of the guide as well as providing Emi with a number of bug reports, errors and the sort. Just winning a round does not earn you a gold account. Or at least it didnt used to. I wouldn't like to see that if someone wins a round that they get a free gold account, however if that fact caused more people to donate, Im all for it, but why would people donate to earn something thats not a guarantee that they will make #1 on something they can just pay a tad more for and definantly get without much trouble to get the funds?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 07:53:04 AM »

Sir emi said anyone who won a round by taking #1 would be given a gold account if they didn't have one, therefore he got it that way, as it is what Sir emi said. anything else is unimportant, for that is the main reason he got it. I do not know if Sir Emi is doing this now, but he was doing it back when lightseeker got his gold.

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 06:08:43 PM »

That's incorrect man. I know for a fact how Lightseeker got his gold account because I spoke with Emi back in the day personally about Light getting a gold account. Light was going to get one for his contribution to the game and all he has done to make the game that much better. What put the icing on the cake was the work he assisted me with on the guide.

Hooyah replying to old posts!

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: