Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 19, 2024, 07:34:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Multiplier  (Read 15658 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 04:51:07 PM »

This is suggestion is impossible. If it gets in the game an seperate ofurm will be opened to be able to fill in the complaigns. And even by thinking 10 minutes baout this already revealed bug abuses with this. Work it out another time as if I ahd the time now to do work it out I woukld rather keep my acount from maxing in turns.
Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

how is it impossible?  unless you have not read the whole thread, I am sure it does sound impossible to put in, especially if you just read the last couple ones... 

since this IS a new page of replies, I shall put it here again basically what it is...

when doing a regular mission, you are given the option to use extra turns to increase the reward if you win.

ex:
mission is 15 turns for a reward of 1 million.
instead of going through and doing 100 of these missions, you simply multiply it by 100, so:
it is instead a mission costing 1500 turns for a reward of 100 mil.

so you see, there really -is- no way to abuse it, because there is not much difference from this and just doing the missions one by one, except:

--it allows you to use vast amounts of turns very quickly on missions
--for every multiplied mission, there is that many more missions that was not taken simply to use all turns available.

however, to keep it balanced:
--there is an extra charge of 5-10 turns per multiplication (multiply by 100 will cost extra 500-1000 turns)
--does not work on: exp, segments, encounters, galaxy missions.

that should pretty well sum it up.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 01:45:04 AM »

Ok very fast before I got to school:

There always been complaigning about donaters, now all you have to do is donate to a couple of mulitplied mission's let say 5 to spread the changes, then ou can donate again. Meaning time would not be something that would stop them from growing to fast. This will cause alot of complaigning.

I I calculate my total attack power, and then buy swarmers without HP to equal that attack power, add abit and maybe add a few more swarmer fleets maxed out on swarmbonus. This shouldnt cost this much, so with doing 100x a mission should be able to easily pay for the loses. But now dont take youre attack value's but make those 10 times as strong, now you get 10x youre reward for a mission, you can even use encryption lvl items to boost acc and att. For one mission this ain a problem as tis wont pay of then, but it is profitable doing with a 100x mission. Swarmers without HP give and a higher swarm bonus and cost less.

Ok I will max out in turns now 10

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:58 PM »

but you will only get the exp for one mission for that...  you also still have to finish the mission.  and, they will always complain about donators...  so?  if something goes wrong, you will lose all the money you spent, plus all the turns you invested into that one mission, pretty much meaning you are stuck for at least 1-2 days.

besides, you should know swarmers like that work very poorly in a higher power level.  if you spend 1500 turns to get 100 mil... it don't matter that much if the other people get 100 mil for a single mission anyway.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 03:10:19 PM »

If I buy swarmers for 500 bill worth there attack is so freaking much higher then for a 500 bill tank, so I can do mission that gives my 20 bill each. 1400/20= 70    70x20 bill = 1400 bill.

This is only an example......

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »

but if you fail .... -500 Bill and o turns with little xp earned, its really a money or exp thing

WARS Account= Overmind
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 08:28:51 AM »

You just do a win win situation.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 09:54:57 AM »

you may have a lot more attack, but it will have very high hp, defense (maybe) and ABS, so you may or may not win still.  and at little to no hp and defense, you would lose swarmers like crazy... and you still have to be able to KILL the other fleets to.  so you would need 3 fleets of 500 bil at least...

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »

even if you do a win win situation you will earn less money and not lvl as fast so youll be making fast and easy money but eventually it wont be much cause ppl will pass you up in lvl youll still be making that money

WARS Account= Overmind
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »

the mission multiplier is a good idea. And donating for more turns ins't an exploit FTP, so no worries there. Let them complain about the donators, it's actually more benifitual the way ars described to do them 1 by 1, but for those without the time to do so, they can just multiply their missions and burn their turns faster, leveling the playing field a great deal.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2006, 03:19:36 PM »

ok, that is no problem, in fact, if anything it would help enhance the game as well, giving suicide swarmers a definite purpose again, to get tons of money in the beginning.  I say beginning only, because you get to in the bils, suicide swarm missions are hard to win, period, because most of the ships will start using high end sheilds and lots of hp and such, meaning your swarmers get swatted like flies.

on the other hand, I do see how it can be taken advantage of... but only because of the way the missions are set up right now, which is because the enemy fleet power is no longer based on your fleet power.  if it were set up with the old style of missions, it would have been fine here to.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 05:29:28 PM »

Let just make it that you can do only 50 missions a time. Then it aint worth for suicide swarmers, and you can still burn turns veyr fast.

As I'm moderator of this forum Iw ill read through all suggestions compile them into short story's and contact Sir Emi with it

I will only message him those who are worth it.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 09:18:17 PM »

hmmm... ya.  on a side note, it was mentioned to me by gunfighter frank, that maybe you could add in that for each multiplier, it raises the difficulty slightly, like maybe 1% for each one, so a multiplier of 50 would increase difficulty 50% as well. then taking a 1 mil mission as example, it would be:
base statistic (multiplied by 10) [multiplied by 50]
reward:                1 mil    (10 mil)   [50 mil]
relative difficulty*: 1 mil   (1.1 mil)  [1.5 mil]
turn cost:                15       (150)     [750]

*total guess here, but you get the point

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2006, 05:07:59 AM »

as I have said before you should do the mission multiplier like this.

1 you do X of the same mission.
2 you dont do 1 mission but the system will do X seperate missions.
3 you are not allowed to stop in the middle and replace ships
4 if you fail the 2nd mission you dont get the rest
5 all the turns you invested are burned even if you fail the first mission and you only get paid for 1 mission enstead of 100 turns worth. 
6 the system will just keep making new missions from that one you choise
7  you are not allowed to replace marines or ships between them and you are limited to say using this for 1500 turns total a day you must use the rest normal

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2006, 12:03:14 PM »

that sounds great frank.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4