Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 17, 2024, 04:34:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Vacation Mode  (Read 24087 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2006, 10:30:05 PM »

well, at this point I think I'll take any reason as final just to stop my arguing   Opps yawn

even how ridiculous the reason really is

It isn't fair to anyone to completely freeze a persons account, because with the way the game changes, something could happen that gives them a major advantage because they froze their account.

1: game changes in middle of VM may give them unforeseen advantages
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2006, 01:16:15 AM »

I'm not sating it could happen, though it quite possibly might. I've given solid reasons as to why vacation mode being a frozen account thing is bad, and you've replied with half loaded answers and the bending of my words. Overall, i'm completely against the idea, but if it was to be implemented, it should not involve account freezing at all, end of story. I rest my case, Sir Emi may be the judge of the better idea. Court is ajourned for recess.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2006, 02:47:39 AM »

I've given solid reasons as to why vacation mode being a frozen account thing is bad, and you've replied with half loaded answers and the bending of my words.

Half loaded answers? Twisting of words?

I've seen plenty of valid answers you've yet to solidly rebuke.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2006, 03:06:09 AM »

That's because they were ALREADY COUNTERED IN MY PREVIOUS POST(S)!

It's up to emi to decide if this should be implemented, and if so, which idea is more fair. We presented our cases, now it's time for the judge to review it and give a verdict. Just let it reset until then.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »

ya, as I said, I'm getting tired of this argument, just let it rest, E will (hopefully) take a look and decide which is better.  I just hope some kind of this IS implemented, because playing for a good 4 months solid, then losing everything you have because you can't find someone to play for you for 2 weeks while on vacation doesn't sound very good...

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »

That's because they were ALREADY COUNTERED IN MY PREVIOUS POST(S)!

Neither the 10 Trillion Powership argument has not been adiquately unrebuked. Nor has the Vacationer Get's Jipped argument been completely validated, I am lead to believe.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:43:10 PM by Chronos » Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2006, 02:54:44 PM »

well, I can help the last one of that... 

seither... don't you mean it is supposed to be slightly slanted AGAINST the vacationer???  if you are making it even a SMIDGEON slanted towards the vacationer, OF COURSE it will be unbalanced.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2006, 03:13:23 PM »

In order for vacation mode to be balanced, it must be slanted against the vacationer, but less than not going into vacation mode. Anywhere in that range is perfectly all right. It just depends on how much you want to, erm, disadvantage the vacationer. Which you should do, to some extent.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:28:23 PM by Chronos » Report to moderator   Logged

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »

well now that interest is just about killed and growth close to non existant i htink vacation mode would be a good feature to have 1

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2006, 01:13:07 AM »

ya, let me put it in a way that I hope everyone (even Seither) can agree to.  when dealing with a vacation mode, no matter what, it should look like this:

least wanted         what VM should be                   most wanted
     l                               l                                          l
    \/                             \/                                         \/

leaving an                some way of                         someone to play
account                  freezing the                          your account for
to sit there              account so                           you, or just play
and get                   the account is                      Space Odyssey
pummeled                neither hindered                    while on vacation
                             nor helped

as you can see by my wonderful doodling (yes, applause is appreciated laugh ) VM mode should set in a happy middle area between the 2 extremes.  of course, everyone wants someone to just play their account for them.  man, I sometimes want someone to play my account for me even though I am going on no vacation.  but no one wants their account to remain completely untended to, open 24/7 for constant attacking.  sure, damage protection will help tons, but still not really enough to save your account from a sever punishment from other players.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2006, 09:30:08 AM »

Ofcourse you should implent with it when you click on activate Vacation mode it will active an hour after you clicked, you cannot hide while there are still counters on you. And vacation mode will atleast be for 2 days you can de-activate it earlier.

xthex
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2006, 10:20:06 PM »

i dont see it workingcause then all people have to do is get high ranked and come Dday go on vacation and stay untouched while others take damages thats the only possibleprob i could see
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »

already been covered lol, weve already said vacation mode automatically shuts off for phase 2 of DDay and oyu cant be in the DD armada while in VM

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »

After delving into the mind of the vacationer and living amongst them for many a days. I can safely say that pretty much any kind of vacation mode would be greatly appreciated by me-... Erm, I mean them.

Seriously, even being frozen would've helped me out a lot!

Anyways, I'm just glad Sir Emi is implementing it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: