Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 19, 2024, 06:53:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think Max Power Should be Increased?
Yes its way to small
No it's fine the way it is

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Increas Max Power?  (Read 13347 times)
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »

It is just me or is Max Power to low?

I know 9,223,372,036,854,776,000 is a pretty big number. But I'd like to see it increased to something a bit bigger.

What do you guys think?
Report to moderator   Logged
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »

I would like to see max power at a way higher number

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
J-Bomb
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

on sea o it is a lot more so yes i like it to be a lot bigger

rockon
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 04:05:04 PM »

back in the day emi did not have a max, i remember seeing numbers (on a glitch of course) that were so  big they went off the screen, yes the max is kind of lame.. eaither increase it so large a max wont be possible (unless cheating) or make it harder to reach that max.. it kind of sucks when someone can max out 2-3 months.. no max to credits or power would be nice... even if the numbers get super huge, you can always add in "abbviations" that you can scroll over to see the real number to reduce the amount of space taken on the leaderboards.

something like instead of 9,223,372,036,854,776,000
make it 9.223 X 10^18 ect all the way up to 9.999 X 10^99 (just like a caclulator) that would make it at least another 2-3x longer to max out, probaly something around 6-10 months just to make out power with ships that big (maybe less with powerships) and keep rewards propotional to the power, i seem to notice people jump from around 50,372,036,854,776,000 power to  9,223,372,036,854,776,000 real fast near the end, that may be because at that power a glitch happens in the rewards and they get alot more, i know ANY upgrade before that is no were near a 180 times power increase... something happens they should be able to upgrade from 50 quad to around 120 quad to around 230 quad (so on so on) - another 5-10 upgrades instead of the massive jumps..

Wiley Space Cadet2
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 04:27:17 PM »

actually lamma, the way we jump that high is because we buy a ship that is max price (so it can't go higher than that price) with a lot of expensive weapons/specials on it and you just sell those for more money.

and i would love to see a higher max fp 13
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 05:13:18 PM »

actually lamma, the way we jump that high is because we buy a ship that is max price (so it can't go higher than that price) with a lot of expensive weapons/specials on it and you just sell those for more money.

and i would love to see a higher max fp 13
I thought Sir Emi fixed that bug?

Edit: Ahh here is his post about it

- If you try to buy / resupply a fleet that costs more then 5% of 9.223.372.036.853.190.000 credits ( 461.168.601.842.738.900 credits ), and don't have the full amount of credits for the ship(s) + installed upgrades, you will get the following error: "For ships of this size and cost, we need the full amount of credits before we can deduct any production bonuses."

- There is no way of resupplying a fleet that costs more then the maximum value, a fleet can cost more if you design a max cost ship hull then install some upgrades, in that case you will get the above error until you uninstall some upgrades to bring it below max cost, or reduce the hull size until the total ship cost including upgrades before bonuses is equal or below available credits in the mothership.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 05:17:26 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 01:11:44 PM »

see then there is a problem the max credit cause the massive jump... removeing or dramaticly increaseing the max power would be nice.

lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »

i think it would be good if all power, money etc etc limits were removed, i personnaly hate restrictions, and as there is the warp evasion on the war servers and the fact you can only attack those within your power area on regular, there wont be cases of people who are being attacked by others well over there power, so why bother limiting it?

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
mgc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »

adding more digits to a number doesnt make the number more important if the relative difference remains the same..
what we have here is a typical case of ppl wanting ever bigger numbers to feel good (lets be realistic).. iow, addicted to big numbers and always wanting them bigger then the last time (or they feel restricted)

there is no problem if ur willing to go cold turkey and rebuild your addiction on a lower level that causes less problems but is still just as fun once ur used to it..

what i suggest is lowering a lot of numbers drasticly to achieve lower total and fleetpower.. this solves the maxing problem without creating all kinds of new problems

what would also help is reducing the amount of turns u get... that would give ppl with lives (outside of the inet that is) a bigger chance to do better.. as there r more ppl with lives then without, a bigger public would be served (good for playercount)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:21:31 PM by mgc » Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 01:12:08 AM »

adding more digits to a number doesnt make the number more important if the relative difference remains the same..
what we have here is a typical case of ppl wanting ever bigger numbers to feel good (lets be realistic).. iow, addicted to big numbers and always wanting them bigger then the last time (or they feel restricted)

there is no problem if ur willing to go cold turkey and rebuild your addiction on a lower level that causes less problems but is still just as fun once ur used to it..

what i suggest is lowering a lot of numbers drasticly to achieve lower total and fleetpower.. this solves the maxing problem without creating all kinds of new problems

what would also help is reducing the amount of turns u get... that would give ppl with lives (outside of the inet that is) a bigger chance to do better.. as there r more ppl with lives then without, a bigger public would be served (good for playercount)
Hum as long as you don't do encrypts it takes less then a hour to use 1500 to 2k turns. I don't see that as a huge amount of time spent. I agree with you that there is no need for a power increase. But drastically decreasing max power would not be a good idea as right now it takes 3 months top to finish a round. Which is a ok time by me any less and I would not want to play as theres no pint if if just keeps reseting 6 or more times a year.
mgc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 10:35:37 AM »

Hum as long as you don't do encrypts it takes less then a hour to use 1500 to 2k turns. I don't see that as a huge amount of time spent. I agree with you that there is no need for a power increase. But drastically decreasing max power would not be a good idea as right now it takes 3 months top to finish a round. Which is a ok time by me any less and I would not want to play as theres no pint if if just keeps reseting 6 or more times a year.
[/quote]

if u dont do encrypts it wont cost that much time.. if u only mine asteroids, itll take 5 mins to waste 3k turns,
but is it any use or will u end up doing well if u do that? imo u need to do encrypts to do well

if the game resets more often, there r more ppl a year that get a chance to win
because i havnt xperienced a full round i cant say this with certainty, but it seems possible to end it much quicker then waiting till evrybody maxes out..

why is there no point to play if the rounds get shorter?
is a good quick game of chess less fun then a good long 1?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:37:57 AM by mgc » Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »

if u dont do encrypts it wont cost that much time.. if u only mine asteroids, itll take 5 mins to waste 3k turns,
but is it any use or will u end up doing well if u do that? imo u need to do encrypts to do well

if the game resets more often, there r more ppl a year that get a chance to win
because i haven't experienced a full round i cant say this with certainty, but it seems possible to end it much quicker then waiting till everybody maxes out..

why is there no point to play if the rounds get shorter?
is a good quick game of chess less fun then a good long 1?

[/quote]I find you do not need to do encrypt to do well in a round. In the beginning you will may lag behind but after a certain power you don't need to do them. I stopped doing them 2 or 3 weeks ago and I'm still climbing in rankings.

You right that there is still a point in playing even if there were resets every 2 months. I went a little overboard.
mgc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 01:47:31 PM »

which ever way u turn it, encrypts is tha shiz when it comes to turn / gain ratio
a solution would be to increase turn-cost or lower rewards but that would make the entire concept pointless..

so unless some1 comes up with a better way to reduce grind then to settle for less efficiency, id say reduce turns
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »

mgc the increase in max power isnt an addiction for bigger numbers, its to make the round last longer, im sick of 2-3 month rounds because pepole max out so d**n fast, back when i started playing rounds would go 6-7 months.. the new things such as encryption and galaxy sped the rounds up even faster than what it used to be and the addation of a max power cut the rounds to half of what they used to be... 2 months isnt much but ive seen people max out faster...

the point of this game is to keep growing and start dday when you wanted it ended... not to be pretty much forced to start dday because 9 different players hit the max power. not to mention it looks crappy on the halls of glory when 9 players have the exact same power and are all "first" people wont want to play when there is no indivulality in placeing top ten, its no great feat to get first if you cant even have the honor of actally being the "strongest" player anymore.. but rather the first simply to get that power...

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »

which ever way u turn it, encrypts is tha shiz when it comes to turn / gain ratio
a solution would be to increase turn-cost or lower rewards but that would make the entire concept pointless..

so unless some1 comes up with a better way to reduce grind then to settle for less efficiency, id say reduce turns
Hold on a sec
We are having a hard enough time keeping up with the turns as it is now
The lack of black holes and turn items is deeply affecting everyone

And the quick attack option has done wonders for the grind, it has totally helped out semi active people

If it is possible to increase the max number that would be great

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: