Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 06, 2024, 07:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FP=WTF?  (Read 14923 times)
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 10:16:18 AM »

Nah it was only used twice...and you need max line to get enough to max anyway...so noobs really can't max. Plus finding one is quite difficult since so many people do hidden interactive encounters. This is why skitz pisses me off. He post in this thread like it was something that was used every day, 24/7. It was not. It was used twice. Period. We stopped because its hard to find them. Scanning scanning and scanning.

My annoyance with truth of mind is not this whole interactive thing but just accusing people of cheating without evidence.

Imagine this: You work hard all round. Grinding aliens, doing encounters, galaxy. You all know how long that takes. THen you max. Then people accuse you of cheating. What, I'm suppose to laugh about it???

Goodness sake people, emi has already looked into this. Stop turning this into a stupid tit for tat war.

Now I undestand how some of the vets feel. When I was a noob myself, I always looked at the top ten and questioned their tactics. Did they cheat? Did they exploit something? Of course my first few alliances (who were with other newbs) spent hours just giving dirt to these guys. But then I entered the top ten and realise it has nothing to do with cheats or exploit. This game have real strategies that can be used to win. Most of them have already been mentioned in previous threads.

So stop the hating, stop the jealousy.

First of all, the jealousy gave me a big LOL. Second, I had my reasons for feeling that way. Sorry if you missed them.
Report to moderator   Logged
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »

Nah it was only used twice...and you need max line to get enough to max anyway...so noobs really can't max. Plus finding one is quite difficult since so many people do hidden interactive encounters. This is why skitz pisses me off. He post in this thread like it was something that was used every day, 24/7. It was not. It was used twice. Period. We stopped because its hard to find them. Scanning scanning and scanning.

My annoyance with truth of mind is not this whole interactive thing but just accusing people of cheating without evidence.

Imagine this: You work hard all round. Grinding aliens, doing encounters, galaxy. You all know how long that takes. THen you max. Then people accuse you of cheating. What, I'm suppose to laugh about it???

Goodness sake people, emi has already looked into this. Stop turning this into a stupid tit for tat war.

Now I undestand how some of the vets feel. When I was a noob myself, I always looked at the top ten and questioned their tactics. Did they cheat? Did they exploit something? Of course my first few alliances (who were with other newbs) spent hours just giving dirt to these guys. But then I entered the top ten and realise it has nothing to do with cheats or exploit. This game have real strategies that can be used to win. Most of them have already been mentioned in previous threads.

So stop the hating, stop the jealousy.

First of all, the jealousy gave me a big LOL. Second, I had my reasons for feeling that way. Sorry if you missed them.

LOL, yeah that might do it. The jealousy part wasn't referring to you but newbies. Seriously, truth I see it all the time. I got two newbies last week accusing each other of cheating cause one attacked the other and his superships died while fighting a much cheaper ship. After I had a look at the ships...it was because that ship had an abs of 10%! WTF??

And that is the point I am trying to get at. We have to give emi a bit of credit. I have scanned this forums and he does pick up on exploits and bug quite fast. So that just leaves the fact that some people (ie. newbies) who AUTOMATICALLY accuse people of cheating simply because they didn't understand the game.

I guess I should apologise for giving you a hard time...but you see where I coming from?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:28:10 AM by TNTTony » Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 10:48:23 AM »

whoa, wait a minute...let me get this straight....working with your alliance in a non-credit giving way is now being considered borderline cheap and cheatish? Has this game really sunk this low?

The Elite's tactic (if it is what skitZz is saying) is 100% legit and old school SO play. An alliance exists to HELP its commanders do better. it's not some social forum. one member get nuts, everyone hits back, one member maxes, he reaches out to help the others (which means he can help them find those encounters). It's a 100% legit strategy, and should never be made illegal in any way, or changed. Instead of whining over it, learn how to do it yourself like we had to way back when someone used a new strategy. This is a PvP STRATEGY game people, with team elements to it, get use to it. Frankily, I'm highly impressed at how The Elites have adapted old SO play into the changes of the game. Bravo guys.

and I have an inkling i know who noob buster is, and if it's who i think it is, they're definitely not new.

Seither, since when is that "Old School"? How is this "old SO play"?? In old spaceo there weren't even encounters, let alone a galaxy, or even alliances. This is a blatant exploit, more so if it's true that it's possible to take a new account straight to max like this. It should be fixed for next round, and accounts that maxed solely because of this shouldn't be allowed to retain their winning status. I'm not saying the Elites used this, or anyone else has, since I don't play main, but if what has been said is true, changes need to be made so that fresh accounts can't walk away with free quads or quints as soon as their buddy maxes.

It's not that he's just helping them find encounters, it's that he's giving them free money because of an exploit in Interactive Missions that don't require combat.

blak, your ignorance is showing. alliances have been around since round two, if not since the game started (I joined during round 2 and went straight into G-unit, so i can't say anything for before then, but it had been around for a good while.) And its an old SO tactic called helping alliancemates. The methods don't matter, the basic strategy is the same. So you obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. CHOAM and Missions came in at round 4 (CHOAM may have been late round 3), galaxy at round 5, and encounters at round 6. We're at round 16 now, so these things have been out for a VERY long time. This game didn't just go from basic to all the features overnight. The old SO was all about helping fellow members of your alliance advance by opening doors for them, be it taking out people hitting them, giving them better ship designs, or helping them find missions. That tactic was applied here. there was no exploit done here, its simply spending a lot of time looking for that non-fighting mission (which are very rare) and then having your alliancemate do it instead. It's no different than if you're alliancemate gets attacked, then you hit the person who attacked them, and then they use their counter after the person is nebed/0red. People whined that that was an exploit too, despite it being a completely legit strategy. Why? because it WORKS and requires you have a good alliance. It's an old style SO tactic, and obviously people have figured out how to make it useful in the changed game now.

And since when has this game been about requiring combat in anytime recent? Most of it now is planets and galaxy, with most "fighting" being against aliens. I hardly call that combat, as my crappy ships that I designed (which you can ask ANY Vet, royally suck) can outgun the aliens.

Point blank, its not an exploit, it's a legit strategy, and removing this from the game would only hurt the game more. It barely has any alliance functionality as it is. If you don't like the tactic, go attack the people using it/people rising and steal their hard earned stuff, instead of whining on the forum about it and facing the computer.

TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »

Seither a big thumbs up for your post...especially about alliances.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »

Tony, I get where your coming from. But you got to realize I had my reasons for feelings this way. I didn't know about the encounter thing and still dunno who noob buster is..got a hint though..and I wasn't saying you or the elites actually cheated, said it was fishy. Sorry if I insulted you or anyone else. 3
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »

whoa, wait a minute...let me get this straight....working with your alliance in a non-credit giving way is now being considered borderline cheap and cheatish? Has this game really sunk this low?

The Elite's tactic (if it is what skitZz is saying) is 100% legit and old school SO play. An alliance exists to HELP its commanders do better. it's not some social forum. one member get nuts, everyone hits back, one member maxes, he reaches out to help the others (which means he can help them find those encounters). It's a 100% legit strategy, and should never be made illegal in any way, or changed. Instead of whining over it, learn how to do it yourself like we had to way back when someone used a new strategy. This is a PvP STRATEGY game people, with team elements to it, get use to it. Frankily, I'm highly impressed at how The Elites have adapted old SO play into the changes of the game. Bravo guys.

and I have an inkling i know who noob buster is, and if it's who i think it is, they're definitely not new.

Seither, since when is that "Old School"? How is this "old SO play"?? In old spaceo there weren't even encounters, let alone a galaxy, or even alliances. This is a blatant exploit, more so if it's true that it's possible to take a new account straight to max like this. It should be fixed for next round, and accounts that maxed solely because of this shouldn't be allowed to retain their winning status. I'm not saying the Elites used this, or anyone else has, since I don't play main, but if what has been said is true, changes need to be made so that fresh accounts can't walk away with free quads or quints as soon as their buddy maxes.

It's not that he's just helping them find encounters, it's that he's giving them free money because of an exploit in Interactive Missions that don't require combat.

blak, your ignorance is showing. alliances have been around since round two, if not since the game started (I joined during round 2 and went straight into G-unit, so i can't say anything for before then, but it had been around for a good while.) And its an old SO tactic called helping alliancemates. The methods don't matter, the basic strategy is the same. So you obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. CHOAM and Missions came in at round 4 (CHOAM may have been late round 3), galaxy at round 5, and encounters at round 6. We're at round 16 now, so these things have been out for a VERY long time. This game didn't just go from basic to all the features overnight. The old SO was all about helping fellow members of your alliance advance by opening doors for them, be it taking out people hitting them, giving them better ship designs, or helping them find missions. That tactic was applied here. there was no exploit done here, its simply spending a lot of time looking for that non-fighting mission (which are very rare) and then having your alliancemate do it instead. It's no different than if you're alliancemate gets attacked, then you hit the person who attacked them, and then they use their counter after the person is nebed/0red. People whined that that was an exploit too, despite it being a completely legit strategy. Why? because it WORKS and requires you have a good alliance. It's an old style SO tactic, and obviously people have figured out how to make it useful in the changed game now.

And since when has this game been about requiring combat in anytime recent? Most of it now is planets and galaxy, with most "fighting" being against aliens. I hardly call that combat, as my crappy ships that I designed (which you can ask ANY Vet, royally suck) can outgun the aliens.

Point blank, its not an exploit, it's a legit strategy, and removing this from the game would only hurt the game more. It barely has any alliance functionality as it is. If you don't like the tactic, go attack the people using it/people rising and steal their hard earned stuff, instead of whining on the forum about it and facing the computer.

So, like I said, alliances haven't been around forever. "Old School" spaceo isn't synonymous with 'cheaters galore' spaceo.

Certain "helping out alliancemates" strategies have been tried before, and have resulted in resets numerous times. Letting someone raid you when you're maxed? Not allowed. Giving people money through planets when you're maxed? I assume that's not allowed either. Giving people money through bounties? Exploit that resulted in resets and a game update.
Spotted the trend yet?
If not, how about giving people money through the market after you're maxed? That one got changed pretty quick, the limit was set at 92 bil credits per day to stop that exploit. Letting people board you to capture ships after you max? Also not allowed, that one resulted in a couple resets a few rounds ago.

You make a good point - alliance members attacking other people to help out their alliance mates is a valid strategy, and it's a perk of having a good alliance. But, if you recall from a few days ago, we just reviewed the rule that maxed accounts cannot attack other players. If what happened here was a maxed player finding these encounters for non-maxed players, this should be against the rules.

From what I've read (I don't play main now), it seems like this is a way to give people quads of credits for free. It doesn't require them to be a similar power, and its not just helping find encounters for them, it's starting them so that they can finish them for free sums of money that are larger than what would be granted at their power/level.

Also, "working with your alliance in a non-credit giving way"...
I would say that this is a credit giving way, seeing as how they are apparently getting free credits from bloated interactive missions.

Now I don't know the whole story behind all this, but it sounds like it hasn't been used much at all, so no resets are in order. What I am saying, however, is that this should be looked into as a possible exploit and an update could be in order for next round to prevent this sort of thing from reoccurring.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »

So, like I said, alliances haven't been around forever. "Old School" spaceo isn't synonymous with 'cheaters galore' spaceo.

Certain "helping out alliancemates" strategies have been tried before, and have resulted in resets numerous times. Letting someone raid you when you're maxed? Not allowed. Giving people money through planets when you're maxed? I assume that's not allowed either. Giving people money through bounties? Exploit that resulted in resets and a game update.
Spotted the trend yet?
If not, how about giving people money through the market after you're maxed? That one got changed pretty quick, the limit was set at 92 bil credits per day to stop that exploit. Letting people board you to capture ships after you max? Also not allowed, that one resulted in a couple resets a few rounds ago.

You make a good point - alliance members attacking other people to help out their alliance mates is a valid strategy, and it's a perk of having a good alliance. But, if you recall from a few days ago, we just reviewed the rule that maxed accounts cannot attack other players. If what happened here was a maxed player finding these encounters for non-maxed players, this should be against the rules.

From what I've read (I don't play main now), it seems like this is a way to give people quads of credits for free. It doesn't require them to be a similar power, and its not just helping find encounters for them, it's starting them so that they can finish them for free sums of money that are larger than what would be granted at their power/level.

Also, "working with your alliance in a non-credit giving way"...
I would say that this is a credit giving way, seeing as how they are apparently getting free credits from bloated interactive missions.

Now I don't know the whole story behind all this, but it sounds like it hasn't been used much at all, so no resets are in order. What I am saying, however, is that this should be looked into as a possible exploit and an update could be in order for next round to prevent this sort of thing from reoccurring.

Blakranger is completely right. Final point, this isn't helping someone else. This is basically giving them a free win without them even playing the bloody game. They bypass players who worked hard for their rankings and if someone used this...technique, they shouldn't be allowed in the bloody game like the rest of the bug users and people.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »

blak, your entire argument is muted by the fact that alliances have been around since at least ROUND 2! Aka forever. So blak is definitely not right.

and its not a bug truth. if it was, emi would have already have addressed it. Just...get over it, its a technique that is hard to pull off and barely used.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »

blak, your entire argument is muted by the fact that alliances have been around since at least ROUND 2! Aka forever. So blak is definitely not right.

and its not a bug truth. if it was, emi would have already have addressed it. Just...get over it, its a technique that is hard to pull off and barely used.

Alliances started in round 3 duh. And Emi just now logged in,
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »

truth, they started at the end of round 2, thats when I started playing and g-unit had already been established. SO end of round 2, start of round 3, either way, alliance have been here forever. and think it's an exploit if you want, I feel it's not. Emi can decide for himself.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 01:03:23 PM »

truth, they started at the end of round 2, thats when I started playing and g-unit had already been established. SO end of round 2, start of round 3, either way, alliance have been here forever. and think it's an exploit if you want, I feel it's not. Emi can decide for himself.

Emi checked out the topic..won't post..
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »

Emi checked out the topic..won't post..

just because he doesn't post doesn't mean he hasn't/won't looked into it.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 01:49:36 PM »

Monkey, this is why no one takes you seriously. You don't actually read anything besides your own posts. If you actually read my argument, you would see that the fact that alliances have been around since round 2, "aka [NOT] forever", has absolutely nothing to do with my argument. That fact is merely a statement that I made to point out your blatant hyperbole and platitude.
My argument stems from the fact that it is against the rules to directly assist unmaxed players using a maxed account. I would say giving unmaxed players free credits in amounts greater than they would otherwise be able to receive on their own would qualify as unfair aid given from a maxed account to an unmaxed account. It's almost as bad as the bounty abuse, except it's harder to do. I'm not arguing for resets here, or for anyone's place to be taken away; I am suggesting that if this is in fact an exploitable game issue it needs to be addressed and updated.
Consequently, if there are accounts that reach the top 10 from credits they gained purely because of this exploit, they probably should be reset. This 'strategy' is not fair to other players in the game.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 01:54:27 PM »

I could name a few of those accounts  yawn
SkitZz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »

i honestly can't believe spayed and TNTony are trying to keep it, i'm not saying everyone who maxed used it or even putting a number on how many times it was used. All I'm saying is this is a way for maxed players to give there friends ridiculous amounts of credits. I'm all for alliances helping each other but how can people fight against hundreds of quads? Blackranger and i aren't complaining about people that have used it and congrats to all players that got top 10 this round 1. we just want possible exploits removed that's all.  15
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: