Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 06:15:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newb Help  (Read 43569 times)
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 05:38:32 PM »

i use 1/2 for mission ships and what ever i need form swarmers/pships
Report to moderator   Logged

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 08:21:38 PM »

what are/where can i find the formulas for designing shields and other systems?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 08:39:44 PM »

1 ship in each
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »

*sigh* i did the math and ya, you guys are right, in a fleet of less then somwhere around 20k ships it is better to go for hp also in order for armor to be max efficient ship has to be pretty big so in order for armor to work better you need (very roughly) 20k+ ships that each cost upwards of 10mil to make armor work better, and even then it only works better against the enemies with less attack then it happens to have armor. oh ya, i also spent 5 hours designing a ship that is half way decent 1

on a side note... seriously, how do i get peeps in to my alliance?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 02:54:13 AM »

ask them to join.. chat is probably best way.. but since your new their wont be alot of poeple wanting to join.. i suggest join an alliance get some training then when you know the game start up an alliance

nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 09:03:21 AM »

YES! Thank you so much but I'm sorry, I must beg to differ, defence is most certainly not useless. Thank you for the formulas, I will modify them to include defence. What would be the minimum size of a ship that follows this? On a side note, (since this is a newb help topic) how do you invite people to join an alliance (the botton just doesn't seem to be where i remember it).

*Sorry for asking such stupid questions, like I mentioned earlier, it's been a long time.
the minimum size for this is i would say few hundered thousand space, that is how i design ships ranging from 25 mill up , sidenote you can change the energy wep/special ratio to get different results like ships with stronger att then special

Asria
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »

Mission ships you only need 1 per fleet.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »

thanks for the help everybody! is there anywhere that i can find a list of alliance controled systems? i've spent the last couple days troling the galaxy for a quad that my alliance could start off in but i keep running in to space stations...

-Silence444-
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 05:35:29 PM »

Bforce get my msn and talk to me I will give you a bit of help with getting started and if the TH agree you can join up with us on SOW.
also check my profile and go to my web link it will take you to a site that has the basic formulas for basic ship building. but we can talk better on msn

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 05:41:36 PM »

There is no list that you can get legally get of the alliance controlled systems.

Here's the Illegal Method:  12

Hack in to SirEmi's Servers "servers say hi", get the information you need  dots, then  your tracks, after that fake your rip2 to make sure Emi can't find you.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 05:54:03 PM »

shhhh!!! dang it kenquinn why'de u tell him? jkjkjk thx for the offer gunfighter frank i think i'll take u up on it

-Silence444-
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 06:02:32 PM »

alright all... i have a serious problem... i have managed to save up 3bil creds... should i continue to save and build my interest income, invest in workers, spend it on ships etc to mine or spend it on ships to do missions?

-Silence444-
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 06:09:19 PM »

dont spend on workers... probably go with mission ships.. thats good to start you on encounters and good encryptions.. but save a lil bit just incase you hit some bad luck

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »

alright... i'm just hesitant to spend my money because in the past there was always some bigger guy that borded/killed my ship soon as i built a decent one also how much should i save (amount or %)

on a side note are there any bonuses for controling a system?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 08:29:36 PM by bforce » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »

if you clone one of you ship designs do you get the royalties/is there a penalty? also what% is the royalty
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:24:58 AM by bforce » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: