Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 09, 2024, 05:45:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newb Help  (Read 43563 times)
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »

I have been with space o since it had under 1500 users, but its been a while and I never really could figure out how to design a ship. Could some one help me figure out the best way to get a 1mil power (well rounded) ship for as few creds as possible? If not then sorry to waste your time but post any "newb" questions you may have here and maybe I (or someone else) can help with them!
Report to moderator   Logged

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 01:20:33 AM »

Well, I always said that the best design given a fleet power is in a fact a multitude of designs, and it actually depends on the situation and type of fleet you are fighting...

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 12:17:21 PM »

Alright, maybe "best" wasn't the best word to use. What i ment to say, is the quickest way to clear hundred mil power reaver fleets considering that I only started my acount a few days ago and I would like to start mining.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
deezee66
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »

join a good alliance thats the quickest way to learn
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:05:13 PM »

Bah! I've been down that road (I was here when alliances were first being implemented). I started my own (Project RS) and will be recruiting soon. Still... it seems rediculous for new players (or just new acounts) to have to deel with the growing passive threats of the non-reseting universe of SO Wars (the reavers are almost growing as fast as i am and they had a 100mil fleet power head start). I don't know, it seems a little bit unfair to newcomers and makes it almost imposible for them to muscel their way in on established players that got in when the fleets were smaller. Ideas?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:08:00 PM by bforce » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »

i have to agree with you even though im established there its very hard this far in maybe new players should get base and mining facilty to start
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:24:10 PM »

There should be a couple of systems with 10-20 mil Reavers that can be mined I think... second option to mine at your alliance owned sys, third biofarms / workers...

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 12:15:21 PM »

*sigh* any ship design tips that aren't in the guides/manuals? Also, maybe new players should start in/neer those systems; you know, instead of having to comb the galaxy for them.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:23:20 PM by bforce » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 01:14:28 PM »

ok here is one way to design ships you can change % of energy wepon gets to make

different types of ships...first the hull..cost = 1 space=165 creds...so space of 1

million =165000000 creds then your system space...each ship will have 120 weight of

systems..so take hull space and subtract 120 system space for

powercoreweight...example= 1000000 space ship - 120 weight =999880 weight

powercore..take powercore weight and multiply by 400 then subtract 5279 = energy

produced..example..powercore weight=999880 energy produced =399946721

powercore formula = (weight*400)-5279 for every powercore. after installing power

core you install 5 computers and 8 shields. ...after shields and computers are installed

you take remaining energy and divide by .3 (point 3 or 1/3 total energy.) this is your

weapon energy...make every weapon 55% acu....and put attack as half of

energy...then you have to view weapon...and see the cost..take cost and divide by

10...take that number and subtract current attack( half of energy) this new number

will be attack..if weapon more than 10 creds add one attack...for special take

remaining energy after weapon is installed and thats the energy for special...defence

is useless...take energy and multiply by .3(pont 3 or 1/3 energy) this new number is

hitpoints...if cost more than ten creds add one hitpoints..

i hope this helps
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 01:17:22 PM by nukecow1 » Report to moderator   Logged

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »

YES! Thank you so much but I'm sorry, I must beg to differ, defence is most certainly not useless. Thank you for the formulas, I will modify them to include defence. What would be the minimum size of a ship that follows this? On a side note, (since this is a newb help topic) how do you invite people to join an alliance (the botton just doesn't seem to be where i remember it).

*Sorry for asking such stupid questions, like I mentioned earlier, it's been a long time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:26:48 PM by bforce » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »

You can you can only accept players willing to join you.

Defence is useless m8

Asria
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 04:47:56 PM »

I'm sorry, but yes, it is useless. Defense will only cause more damage to you.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »

........ alright perhaps my tactics are different, but I like it when my ships come home and I'll pay an extra bil per ship so I don't have to keep replacing a 10mil ship. Small scale, or in a cheep design I totally agree with you, but, in a smarm or even a medium size fleet... every casualty counts and defence stacks (unlike hp).

-Silence444-
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »

well mate i never use defence and my ships come home okay
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »

how many ships do u use in each fleet?

-Silence444-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: