Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 09:40:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scouting with alts  (Read 13340 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 02:38:24 AM »

if i were him and read the forum, id think twice about doing that..
maybe make individual threads in the report abuse section visible only to those that made the thread (and mods / admins ofcourse)
that should ensure a possible offender is not alarmed

btw seither, if he has a friend scout, couldnt he have more then 1 friend? so having another account then the first scout before strike is no evidence (xept for teamwork)
that is ofcourse assuming hes innocent, as requested

true, it does not mean he IS guilty, however, it IS reason enough to at least investigate to ensure it's not the same person. That's what I mean. We need some evidence before we look into the situation and see if it is.

mgc, the point is not to catch him and ban him, the point is to stop this from happening. if he saw this thread and stopped, our goal would have been acheived
Well, sorta. The point is to prevent thsi from happening at all, so if seeing thsi he realizes he was wrong and never does it again, than ya, otherwise, the point IS to catch him and punish him for breaking ToS. So you were sorta right. Just post the attack info here if it happens.
Report to moderator   Logged

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »

Well he countered... but he didnt scout with an alt, so i guess im fine now  1

If he does it again ill post here

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
deezee66
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »

No, emi should not be brought in, as once again, you all are going off ASSUMING these two people are the same. 1) just because there aren't alliances doesn't mean people don't team up, 2) just because he's a new player doesn't mean he wouldn't scout a bigger player, becuase EVERYONE is bigger than him. Maybe he decided to see if he could take you himself and learned he couldn't, or maybe he was looking for ships to copy if he's a gold, or ideas, there are a LOT of reasons he may have scouted you, 3) if we brought emi into EVERY supposed case of illegal alt use, he'd never get anything else done, becuase we get reports like this all the time, and rarely is it actually alt abuse.

and the big part of it is, a recent number is NOT evidence of alt abuse, or even of it being an alt. There is a reason I'm the only other moderator besides emi in this thread, and that's because I have been here a long time, and understand the ToS well, and alt rules.

so once again, at this time, there is NO evidence of an alt abuse. I will talk to Silverthorne about Evil Genius, if that's not silver, he knows him I'm sure. I'll leave the topic unlocked for now, however, unless USEABLE and CREDIBLE evidence of these two being alts can be brought forward, I will lock this topic. We do not just accuse players off of a recent number, it's not evidence, let alone credible, as the amount of people who join, and at what speed changes, maybe he made that account 3 days ago and practically no one has joined since, did you think about that?

Seither, Silhouette's attack is a scouting run to verify if he can successfully attack mob.. He scouted with an alt coz he want to save some turns..   1

Once again, I demand EVIDENCE. Until i see some, and more than so and so's word, or someone's number, my ruling stands as it is not an alt attack. Topic remains unlocked for a little longer for evidence to be supplied, however, if no is given soon, it will be locked.

Seither contacting Emi is the only way to put this issue to rest, no disrespect intended. 14
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 02:09:43 AM »

No, emi should not be brought in, as once again, you all are going off ASSUMING these two people are the same. 1) just because there aren't alliances doesn't mean people don't team up, 2) just because he's a new player doesn't mean he wouldn't scout a bigger player, becuase EVERYONE is bigger than him. Maybe he decided to see if he could take you himself and learned he couldn't, or maybe he was looking for ships to copy if he's a gold, or ideas, there are a LOT of reasons he may have scouted you, 3) if we brought emi into EVERY supposed case of illegal alt use, he'd never get anything else done, becuase we get reports like this all the time, and rarely is it actually alt abuse.

and the big part of it is, a recent number is NOT evidence of alt abuse, or even of it being an alt. There is a reason I'm the only other moderator besides emi in this thread, and that's because I have been here a long time, and understand the ToS well, and alt rules.

so once again, at this time, there is NO evidence of an alt abuse. I will talk to Silverthorne about Evil Genius, if that's not silver, he knows him I'm sure. I'll leave the topic unlocked for now, however, unless USEABLE and CREDIBLE evidence of these two being alts can be brought forward, I will lock this topic. We do not just accuse players off of a recent number, it's not evidence, let alone credible, as the amount of people who join, and at what speed changes, maybe he made that account 3 days ago and practically no one has joined since, did you think about that?

Seither, Silhouette's attack is a scouting run to verify if he can successfully attack mob.. He scouted with an alt coz he want to save some turns..   1

Once again, I demand EVIDENCE. Until i see some, and more than so and so's word, or someone's number, my ruling stands as it is not an alt attack. Topic remains unlocked for a little longer for evidence to be supplied, however, if none is given soon, it will be locked.

Seither contacting Emi is the only way to put this issue to rest, no disrespect intended. 14

no, it isn't. or rather wasn't. Emi=busy, thus if we contacted him EVERYTIME someone says so and so is using alts to gang up on me, he'd NEVER do anything else. I get TONS of IMs and PMs and Emails form people saying someone alt attacked them, odds are, none of them are, a little evidence, (more than a recent number at least) isn't much to ask. However, emi has updated ToS finally (I asked him to 6 times, this thread finally made him do it (I DID send him this thread's link, to prove to him no one was understanding how alts are to be used and to make a CLEAR CUT ruling on it now, looks like he did)) so here is the new part of ToS.

Quote from: Emi link=http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,1233.0.html
Please review the limitation and further explanation of multiple account usage.

As an example, the destruction of a station by a higher power account in order to facilitate the attack of a lower alt on the protected motherships in the same system is a violation of the Terms of Service, as detailed below "Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way."

Please understand that there is a distinct difference between using multiple accounts and the cooperation of two or more distinct commanders. The cooperation of the commanders is allowed, while the usage of two or more accounts by the same person in the same manner is against the TOS. To determine the nature of an account in question, Space Odyssey will keep a complete record of ingame actions and logins that will be used in the event of a violation of the Terms of Service. Due to this fact, please avoid logging in your account from a friend's computer that also has an account with Space Odyssey and you are in the same alliance or frequently cooperating ingame with him / her.

Limitations     
        (I) The maximum amounts of accounts per person
   You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in order to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources     
   You do _not_ use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may _not_ help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow commanders. The multiple accounts should not be used in any way that would have any connection with another account of the same person. This includes taking advantage of the superior power of a higher account to help or facilitate an action of a lower account or otherwise.

Therefore, you have enough evidence now, so please submit the info in post 1 to emi for him to take appropriate measures. I shall leave the topic open for now.

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »

Therefore, you have enough evidence now, so please submit the info in post 1 to emi for him to take appropriate measures. I shall leave the topic open for now.

do you mean if i have have enough evidence? or are you saying i do have enough?  3

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 10:06:28 PM »

As of the new defining in ToS, you have enough evidence.

So, contact Emi with the info you posted in the 1st post of this topic.

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 10:26:38 PM »

k

i dont want him banned or anything...  10

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

He'll probably just lose anythign he gained/some penalty, and you'll get your stuff back.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: