Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 07:52:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scouting with alts  (Read 13340 times)
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »

I've attacked him before several times... and i was scouted by a different account several minutes before the counter. I'm not saying it was him that time, but it gives me reason to post here and reason for him to be checked.
Report to moderator   Logged

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »

okay boss.. i'll go fingerprint the newer account

cameron, don't be a smartass, in this area of the forum, you're a normal member.

And credible evidence would be:

logs of attacks against other players at nearly same time by same accounts.
messages with player admitting that other is his alt, or with strong hinting of it.
logs of repeated attacks by same to accounts against yourself.
chat logs somehow suggesting/tying the two accounts together in which one or both of the accounts are talking about the attack(s)

IP addresses are not accepted unless given by Snipedragon or Emi, as other players may be prone to lie about them.

Any of those will be suffiecient, otherwise everyone could accuse everyone else of being someone's alt by reason of number/ect.

And many alts are made shortly after, if not immediately after the first account, not several thousand numbers afterward. Especially on Wars, where sign up is very slow.

I've attacked him before several times... and i was scouted by a different account several minutes before the counter. I'm not saying it was him that time, but it gives me reason to post here and reason for him to be checked.

then ge tthe logs from log history, they'll still be there. Otherwise you have no claim unfortunately. anyone can say they have been attack by these people, doesn't mena they were, hence why Emi created logs, so we can SEE what really happened, no more he said vs they said.

So, please supply the logs, and I'll alert emi and snipe so an IP investigation may be conducted.

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »

you mean the log from this attack or from my example? I doubt I'll have th logs for the latter since it was about 6 months ago...

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »

that sounds fair siether, thanks

mob, check the chiss alliance board for the relative time, i dont think matt ever deletes it

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 06:40:24 PM »

you mean the log from this attack or from my example? I doubt I'll have th logs for the latter since it was about 6 months ago...

logs are held for a long time, you should still have some of them, if not all, and they don't need to be detailed (ship attacks ship, ect) just the simple you were attacked, scouted, ect by so-so is enough. We just need a bit of hard evidence before we launch an investigation.

And yes, you have  areason to be suspicious of these accounts, but it's not enough of a grounds for us to investigate them. Innocent before proven guilty and all. If someone accused you of alt abuse, you'd want them to have at least a little bit f credible evidence before you were investigated, because on her, once oyu're investigated, to other players that's as good as convicted.

whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »

We need an IP check here  12

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »

Segments     
Action    Segments    Remaining
Mission Reward    +50    2.004.833
   2008-05-05 18:37:49

my last log in the last page, the mentioned attack took place around 3-6 months before this...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 06:46:46 PM »

We need an IP check here  12

IP checks are only accepted if doen by Snipedragon or Emi himself, and are only acceted if they did, as a player my purposely report info wrong. Also, IP check does not mean that it IS the same person. If 2 people play on the same computer, then they have the same IP. this is why we need logs first, we can't really claim alt abuse otherwise, and this is why alt abuse is very hard to prove. Hardest part of ToS to prove, due to many people having one computer per household, and multiple people playing on that computer.
Segments     
Action    Segments    Remaining
Mission Reward    +50    2.004.833
   2008-05-05 18:37:49

my last log in the last page, the mentioned attack took place around 3-6 months before this...

look on your alliance board, ssee if you have any previous posting of th attacks on their, those can be accepted as well.

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »

I've gone through +900  pages of my old alliance's board about a week ago... I dont recall seeing any important conversations about Evil Genius or an attack by him.

whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 06:50:08 PM »

Mob don't message evil genius yet, he got a counter from me so he might use the same tactics again.. Let's see wat he will do.  14

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »

Mob don't message evil genius yet, he got a counter from me so he might use the same tactics again.. Let's see wat he will do.  14

should he do the same thing/similar (even if the next account that scouts right before is a different account) that will be more than acceptable evidence.

mgc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 06:55:22 AM »

if i were him and read the forum, id think twice about doing that..
maybe make individual threads in the report abuse section visible only to those that made the thread (and mods / admins ofcourse)
that should ensure a possible offender is not alarmed

btw seither, if he has a friend scout, couldnt he have more then 1 friend? so having another account then the first scout before strike is no evidence (xept for teamwork)
that is ofcourse assuming hes innocent, as requested
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 04:39:05 PM »

mgc, the point is not to catch him and ban him, the point is to stop this from happening. if he saw this thread and stopped, our goal would have been acheived

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
mgc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 05:56:40 PM »

mm ur way to kind but i suppose it works if it works lol
Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »

Can i at least get my segs back? lol j/k 16

but he has another counter on me now... if he does it again i will post it

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: