Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 04:37:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Multiplier  (Read 15610 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »

Sir E, for the love of all that is good in this game, can you PLEEEEEEAAAAASE put in some kind of mission multiplier, so that we don't sit there wasting 6+ hours everyday doing nothing but missions, using up all of them so they aren't there for others as well?

I say again from before, all that needs be done is have the reward and turn cost be multiplied by the mission multiplier +1, and this will also work with the staggered mission reward system, just exactly the same as the difference between doing two 1% missions and one 2% mission. 

you can even still leave it at the players advantage to go ahead and do missions one by one by making it that:

multiplied missions still have a max of 3500 EXP, 1500 max segments

but, if you lose the mission, you lose everything, no 'turn refund' for losing.  so you use all 3000 of your turns on one single, hugely multiplied mission, and lose, you lost all 3000 of your turns for nothing.

but for gaining EXP, and segments, you will still have to do them 1 by 1.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:36:33 PM »

yeah would definitly like this i normaly use like 3k turns evry 2 days or so to rake in a few hundred bil and it takes hours if i dont even wanna look at the battle >_<

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 04:40:41 PM »

ya, the thing is, it won't just be an easy shortcut to do EVERYTHING, because if you are looking to train your commander, or gain segments, you will still have to do it 1 by 1. 

edit-- forgot another important point.  if someone just feels like doing a single 100x multiplied mission, instead of doing all 100 individually, right there is 99 more missions for others to use.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:44:30 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 07:05:07 PM »

ehh maybe even just +10 sets of missions... 100 would be a bit much really...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 02:15:56 AM »

I have a max of nearly 6k turns, 100 is not much for me.

ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:08:59 AM »

100 is 1500 turns, and that would be too easy... my alt account also has almost a 6k turn max but its still a good chunk of turns...

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »

just because you have a higher amount of max turns, does not change anything.  1500 turns would STILL be a little over an entire days worth of turns.

ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 03:51:29 PM »

yeah im just thinkin it may be too easy to get cash then if yo ucan just put up 1500 turns on one click where if ya win ya get over 100bil easy enough...

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 03:46:01 PM »

as opposed to?  getting the 100Bil over the course of several hours and 100's of missions?  this would save much time, many missions for others (something some other people talked about more then once) AND, you would STILL have to do it 1 by 1, for segments and commander levels, which is sometimes a lot bigger deal then some may realize.  either do it 1 by 1 (or 10 by 10, or whatever) or you would have it to do it some other way, encounters (by the way, no multiplier for encounters, that WOULD be to easy to abuse)

in a way, that is the point, it is a way to multiply risks as well, if there is no risk whatsoever to losing, doing all those missions are sometimes almost unbearably monotonos, yet you need those credits to advance further along in rankings.  but some people don't have hours on end to throw at doing missions.  if there is risk of losing, then you have a chance of having the equivalent of doing all those missions as a success, or a failure.  the bigger the risk of losing the mission, the mor elikely you may be better off doing it one by one anyway, or just not all at once. 

Like for instance, I get on about 1 hour before I want to go to bed, I want to get on, coordinate battle plans, check out what the other players are messaging me and such, but I can't do that to easily when the whole time I have to do missions, to get anywhere further up the rankings.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 01:59:03 AM »

This definantly needs added.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

*bump*

can we now have this? it will go along really great with the myriad of BH's and encoutners available in the galaxy now.

no, not having a mission multiplier for BH's, no, lol.  I mean with all the turns you can potentially get with BH's, it is probably possible to never truly run out of turns (hence why I think the top 10 is so high in the first place) and so it is making more to where whoever can stay on the longest and find/use the most turns.  with this, you can DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of time required to do completely mundane things that seem to only be there to make it more of a chore, then a game, to be high up in the rankings.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 06:29:50 PM »

What happens if you lose youe ships in the first half or whatever. You then lose the next 750 turns to not being able to resupply fleet. I suppose if you are willing to risk it you could make this an option

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »

You do one option and the worker/credit reward is counted as much as you clicked.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 05:40:35 AM »

ars we ahve been talking about this for some time now.  I say make the mulitplier for missions so you dont have to stay online for 10 hours to use yor days turns,  however when you find that 1% or 10% or what ever mission you want to do 10 times that enstead of haveint 1 calc it just cacls 10 x% missions that way for those that cant be online for 10 hours a day they can burn thier turns in a few.but if you end up loosing a ship or a fleet in the first then your ability will be dimished for the others. I like that.  since you say do 10 missions or what ever the penelty can be you dont get to replenish your fleets between them.thus if you like to usse swarms you could in theory loose it all on the first missoin and just forfet the rest of those turns.  hmm me like this idea.  here killer fleets here killer fleet  laugh

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 07:58:10 PM »

yes, there would also be less noticeable, but still there, effects that would make it less desireable... since it HAS been a very long time, I'll recap:

a multiplied mission will still:
- give the max amount of exp of a single mission
- give same max amount of segments of a single mission
- unable to use credits half way through to upgrade fleets, resulting in loss of credits over all
- only applies to mothership missions (not encounters, galaxy missions, or bounties)

this would then save a lot of headaches down the road, also, you could have a 5 turn penalty for each multiple, hence, it would be 15 turns for an unmultiplied mission, then an extra 20 turns for each one after it.

this would also help in saving harder to find missions (such as 11%-25%) that way more can be found in general (because those doing 100's would also be able to just unload it all on a single mission, instead of 100's)

on a side note though...  perhaps a max of exp and segments, or at least just segments, may be a bit to much...  it may sound awful at first, which is why I suggested those limits myself, but now that I think of it, it shouldn't be to bad, going off the fact that the playing field would still be equal. (give everyone 1 million segments, everyone is still equal to each other)  although exp may still be a bit much...

and on yet another note (I know... I go on and on... but only when I feel it needs added) this should probably not be put in, if you still have no limit on donations for turns.  I hate to see what it would be like to donate for 3k turns, use every bit of it on a single trillion credit mission, then repeat...  sure it means more money to go around... but that would make donating to the top in '30 seconds' all to much easier to do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: