Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 09:46:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PLANETS Discussion  (Read 17695 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:43:31 PM »

SO WARS users have the posibility to test the planets. Follow this link to get into the test server.
You will have plenty of resources to research and build some planets.

http://www.spaceo.net/testmode/login.php

The planets are fully functional, planets invasion is still in production, we are testing planet development and production at the moment.

Be sure to leave feedback in this thread so we can cover any bugs / balance stuff. The testing will be for several days, planetary battle will be available soon and then it will have to be tested as well. Hopefully by then we will have a couple of planets to conquer.

What we need testing is how planets support is affecting the orbit fleets, how bonuses stack up, if all the bonuses on the planet & structures on planet are accounted for, how planet affects deployment, how terraforming works, etc.

God Speed commanders and thank you for you help.

Sir Emi
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:41:42 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:09:08 AM »

Wahoooooooo! Sir E, ur the best 1
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 04:22:15 AM »

Converting Segments from your Mothership to increase the population cap on the planets should yield a better return, by about a factor of 10.

Credit production is about 100 times too low, resource production is maybe 10 times too high.

I'll need to put some more thought into what will happen at the extremes of production, but first thoughts are above. :-)

Copying across the bases from SO Wars to the test server should have kept the same level of cloaking. You just told everyone where everyone elses bases were ....... :-)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:43:27 AM by Tzarkoth » Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Nightguard
Private

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:08:53 AM »

From what i've seen so far it looks good 21 .I would have liked to mine all minerals not just one,perhaps a lower mining output but all resources mined.

I have to agree with Tzarkoth about the station locations being given away,that was a major oversight  oops

As far as i can see the credit & resource prodution seem the same as secret base & mining outpost so i don't see a problem.The credit prodution will improve with the planet growth it will just take some time as does the secret base when you first start.

As for the combat we will all need a few days to get up to speed before any real results can be made.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 07:27:12 AM »

Sounds like a good update emi. Will it ever reach main? or is it a wars exclusive?

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 07:35:53 AM »

As soon as the number of colonists reaches planets capacity growth goes to -5%.

So;

Colinists < Capacity = 5% growth
Colinists = Capacity = -5% growth

No sliding scale like on the Stash/Workers on the Secret Base.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »

Hmm I think it's a little heavy on the CP for the research costs, I mean the planet itself isn't all that strong and to make it any better you have to spend incredible amounts of CP, I mean it takes me a while to get a single thousand CP let alone 5000+

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

CP's are very high would take me a weeks searching and saving to get them then another 2-3 weeks to get the bases to a profitable state. this is on the basis that i get 500 CP per BE but then you put the turn cost on top and it all mounts up, it will be several months before planets are worth while getting, weaker players wont stand a chance and therefore the top players are the most likely to get the best benefit out of planets. as i see it doing missions is still the best way to get a good economy

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

aye the cp and turn cost is very very high.

but i render it will be ajusted since now it will take around 3years to get a planet worth building that can defend it self 1

also bases are still a push over got to wait to see how the planetery attack will be like.

also the planet techs show up in the bases all on the attacks on the station the planet bonuses arent factored in.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:54:51 PM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »

I have to agree with Tzarkoth about the station locations being given away,that was a major oversight  oops

All the galaxy structures where removed on the test server from the beginning, to make room for testing. You probably saw a station that was build for testing...

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 01:21:11 PM »

Credit production is about 100 times too low, resource production is maybe 10 times too high.

Are you sure it's 100 x times, from my calculations while secret base gives 5% of workers numbers cumulated / day, the planet gives a production of 15% of colonists numbers / day. We may increase the credit production but 100 x times is a little extreme... that would be 1500% of colonists numbers / day, 15 x times the cololists numbers / day => 1 tril colonists will produce 15 tril credits / day, that's way too much... makes an exponential curve by reinvesting the credits and you max out pretty quick in maybe a month or two...

Has anyone taken into consideration that one commander can increase capacity using his segments / credits and then abandon the planet so his alt can take over and then his other alt and so on... => it has to be a high research cost before a planet can be controled. The other terraforming techs may be adjusted a bit, depending on WARS / Main, there adjusted for WARS atm, but willprobably be 50% on Main.

P:S: If the planets update goes well it will be introducedon all servers. For Sea Odyssey it will be the ability to build cities / colony.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 01:39:26 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 01:39:18 PM »

Are you sure it's 100 x times, from my calculations while secret base gives 5% of workers numbers cumulated / day, the planet gives a production of 15% of colonists numbers / day. We may increase the credit production but 100 x times is a little extreme... that would be 1500% of colonists numbers / day, 15 x times the cololists numbers / day => 1 tril colonists will produce 15 tril credits / day, that's way too much... makes an exponential curve by reinvesting the credits and you max out pretty quick in maybe a month or two...

P:S: If the planets update goes well it will be introducedon all servers. For Sea Odyssey it will be the ability to build cities / colony.

production seems good enough atm 13tril turn out around 2 tril credits with no bonuses added.

production of mining seems a bit to high for some items 13tril workers make  2.011.224 carbon a day
so when people get there planet bigger and bigger and have a planet or 2-3 you can max out all your mothership mods in a few months.

increasing your planet size by 10.000.000 workers you need 20 segs that 2mil seg for 1 tril workers a good week of grinding or a few good attacks. so around 30-40 weeks of grinding if you land a few good attacks. the current missions ships on wars can land 50times that ammount.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 01:41:58 PM »

increasing your planet size by 10.000.000 workers you need 20 segs that 2mil seg for 1 tril workers a good week of grinding or a few good attacks. so around 30-40 weeks of grinding if you land a few good attacks. the current missions ships on wars can land 50times that ammount.

What about increasing capacity with alts as wrote above, you build a planet with 0 colonists and just increase cap and pass it along the alts. Of course capacity decays with each conquer by 25% but still...

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »

production of mining seems a bit to high for some items 13tril workers make  2.011.224 carbon a day
so when people get there planet bigger and bigger and have a planet or 2-3 you can max out all your mothership mods in a few months.

Hm, the problem there is to balance mining production with credits. As both use the base production we use multipliers to deduct the credits production. The multipliers can be adjusted, the problem is the bigger the production the more mining materials are mined.

A sollution to the mining production would be a linear curve, right now it is an exponential curve. It should be the more production, the more pollution, the more decay to the mining making the multiplier variable depending on the amount of production invested. This would still keep smaller colonist planets profitable in mining while not affeting the industrial planets too much...

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 01:56:51 PM »

Has anyone taken into consideration that one commander can increase capacity using his segments / credits and then abandon the planet so his alt can take over and then his other alt and so on... => it has to be a high research cost before a planet can be controled. The other terraforming techs may be adjusted a bit, depending on WARS / Main, there adjusted for WARS atm, but willprobably be 50% on Main.

Pretty sure stash growth is every 10 mins, so it is 6 times more than what you have on test now.

If you increase the colonist cap by *10 and increase growth to every 10 mins, and decrease Mining output by *10 you have about the right numbers. Didn't go down the same path Riv did for upgrades obviously. However I did build a Gaia planet and from the numbers Riv has, seems to need more tweaking. That's what I meant by *100.

Again with the alts problem ... Hmmm

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: