Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 06:56:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you like this idea?  (Voting closed: September 07, 2009, 08:23:46 AM)
1st idea only - 6 (50%)
2nd idea only. - 0 (0%)
Both ideas. - 1 (8.3%)
No. - 5 (41.7%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Attack Idea for Wars (possibly Main too)  (Read 3178 times)
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:23:46 AM »

Ok guys I have been thinking about more attack ideas and came up with a couple.
Figured I would put it in a poll so Emi can see if people like it or not easier.

Anyways first attack idea would be raiding mothership modules.
That is how people maxed on Wars and with, the difficulty in finding a spot for Stations and Mining Facility and the issues with keeping them alive, this would provide a decent alternative I think.

Another would be raiding turns.
I am guessing I am not gonna get a positive response on this one but I urge you to think about it before replying/voting.
It would help newer players as we have all these old low power accounts with max turns they could raid to help catch up and gives some more meaning to pvp.

I would also suggest, if these are implemented, that they have a boarding and regular attack option as people tend to be good at one of them and not both.
One more thing I would suggest people post suggestions as polls to help make it easier to determine which are well liked.
Report to moderator   Logged

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »

Love the first one. But i think emi should create a new module that allows you to get that opportunity. You get more stuff if you have more research in that module. 2nd one is stupid sorry jango, but when youre getting hammered you dont want to lose your turns too. I mean if you are getting raided you dont want to lose workers credits and turns.

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »

ahh idk.. would be weird.. would the player you hit lose modules... also would be easy to feed alts really good stuff... maybe when you raid someone you can get some cp too but i think you would need to destroy like 80% of the enemy to get anything good like that

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »

Well if he institutes your idea to lower buddy nebbing that would help prevent feeding alts modules.
Also yeah the defender would lose modules but for most of us it would take what 2-3 days to get em back?

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:24 PM »

meh yeah.. seems like a big thing though

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 05:47:25 AM »

i dont play wars much, but i dont see why these would helpanything

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

Haha yeah you wouldn't understand then.

For the first one to be able to have stations that live longer than a day you need 20+ cloaking.
For them to live longer than a week 25+.
Cloaking on Wars is a lot more expensive than Main so its not an easy thing to do.
Most of POF doesn't even have 25+.
Not to mention it is hard to find a place to put a station up and, until recently, there were no resources.

For the second I was just thinking it would make some of those old dead accounts useful and would help new players a bit as they would get quite a few turns that older player couldn't touch because of their fp.
Also it could add some more meaning to Pvp.
Maybe even convert Renshaak to your side ;) lol

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »

haha i know about the research difficulties 13

but the turns thing just seems below the belt 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve