Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 21, 2024, 04:05:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Main - Selling fleets cost update  (Read 8011 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 01:37:48 AM »

Even on normal attacks at your own power ranged you might use different ships to attack other players with. With this update you killed all suchs tactics except for kami's as they don't survive anyhow.

You should fix the real problem not come up with a cure to fix a symptom, the problem is that they are able to get back to a zero basepower, because you can push all segments and workers into your planets. To make a fix after so you cannot get rid of your credits if you are not planning on upgrading is not fixing a problem.
Report to moderator   Logged

TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 01:46:30 AM »

well said!
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 02:16:01 AM »

Even more so it would even kill boarding even more.

I will make a suggestion after my exam today when I have the time to write something. I will try to adress some other major problems in there aswell.

RandomVet
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 07:43:57 AM »

I don't see the problem actually.

This update just makes sure people won't lower down and attack players that are at 1 - 10% of their powers.
Why would you want to attack these players anyways?
This is just to 'bully', the reward is only that you might capture some low-credits-worth ships. Or gain some few mining recources.
You can still attack the players at 50% of your power with ease.

But go ahead and flame me as you will probably do.

As to Spayed, I am the only person who logs in on this account who uses it for the proper reasons.
I don't care if you tell players who I am, but we agreed to remain annonimous and HELP new players, so far I've seen you post 2 alliance board messages, and those weren't actually helpfull. Only thing you've done to use this account is to annoy me and tell players who I am.

EDIT - Keep it civil - TNTTony

Greetz, RV
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:35:05 PM by TNTTony » Report to moderator   Logged
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »

I don't see the problem actually.

This update just makes sure people won't lower down and attack players that are at 1 - 10% of their powers.
Why would you want to attack these players anyways?
This is just to 'bully', the reward is only that you might capture some low-credits-worth ships. Or gain some few mining recources.
You can still attack the players at 50% of your power with ease.

But go ahead and flame me as you will probably do.

As to Spayed, I am the only person who logs in on this account who uses it for the proper reasons.
I don't care if you tell players who I am, but we agreed to remain annonimous and HELP new players, so far I've seen you post 2 alliance board messages, and those weren't actually helpfull. Only thing you've done to use this account is to annoy me and tell players who I am.

Greetz, RV

My personal opinion on this matter is this:

I respect the fact that Emi is trying to protect people from being totally annihilated from a commander that is much stronger than they are. He does have good intentions and for that he should be praised. There should definitely be an update that reduces the severity of the "powering down" so that new players won't get hurt too badly. ABI/RV, although sometimes it might not seem that way, I can assure you that everyone do want new players to stay.

However, this particular update does more than just eliminate the "powering down" saga. Firstly, as Spayed has already mentioned, this update will mean that new players will have a harder time powering up. The cost of selling your tail to upgrade your main will be too small. Secondly, for individuals that are  wanting to do some PVP with another individual at similar power, the only cost efficient way of attacking is with mains. Using boarder ships will be too expensive because it will be expensive to sell afterwards. This will also affect other combat strategies as well meaning combat will become one-dimensional and boring. Just fill up your mains with Marines and you probably don't even have to worry about pships.

Personally, just remove planets. Even though I love them because I can generate trillions and quad trillions of credits, they are one of the reasons why players power up so high and have so many credits. "Powering down" is actually a very expensive procedure especially if you are a high player. Depending on your power you have to put trillions and quad trillions of credits into reserve Marines and ships, then sell the ships afterwards. Even at 90% moneyback, it gets very very expensive. Fortunately, having a big planet will help with this.

So Emi should just remove planets.

In regards to the official training Alliance. Yes for this round so far you have been the only one who have posted stuff on the alliance chat. And by all means you should be congratulated for spending time in helping new players with questions. so congratulations and thank you  19

However, remember that for the past round our alliance members were the one that actually started the alliance and the one that help posted tons of stuff on the alliance chats. Also, this round we have been quite busy helping a lot of players with advance strategies both inside our alliance and outside. Also, NO ONE agreed to remain anonymous. YOU decided to remain anonymous but for an account that is controlled by multiple users, you can not decide this individually.

The reason why the username is called random vet is because too many experienced players were going to control it and we wanted a name that was fair and balanced. It has nothing to do with being anonymous. Having people know who controls the account can only help new players but you seem to think otherwise. I have seen you use the account on the public chats to show off and play the "mysterious player" game.but it does not matter any more since you have changed the password  21

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:34:03 PM by TNTTony » Report to moderator   Logged
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »

tony pritty much summed it up. all avenues of attack have been eliminated.

its basically just use your mains and board away now. the person with the most money wins...

now there was nothing wrong with my post so dont edit it. i didnt swear i didnt call names it was nice and calm so why the f**k did u end it f**k face

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:31:26 PM by Spayed » Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Shroon
Private

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 11:39:06 AM »

i have helped on that account as well....change the password back abi..its not your account.

back to the subject...tony and spayed are right.

- Edit: please keep a civil tone
FTP
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:49:22 PM by FTP » Report to moderator   Logged
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 02:43:48 PM »

I must apologise for not helping out on the Random Vet account in recent weeks as I havent been playing. (didn't know password had been changed anyway)
I think the neb issue is the most important one to be looked at, maybe make it impossible for alliance collegues to attack each other to try and reduce friendly nebs. (you would also need to implement an alliance rejoin timer to stop people dropping out of an alliance just to neb a collegue.) Possibly once you quit any alliance you can not join another for 48 hours. I do also support some form of growth restriction whilst in a neb.... how about hull damage.... every hour a ship stay's in a neb it takes damage thus reducing its structural integrety, making it more vulnerable to attack from a counter or when the neb clears.
It's difficult for me to comment on the update as I'm not a PVP'r. I do think lower ranked players need some protection, but they still need to learn and not have everything handed to them on a plate.  At the same time, higher ranked players need something to keep them interested as encounters are scarce. Fixing the neb issue will give them more targets closer to their range so this will benefit more people.
  Sorry Tony, I have to dissagree about removing planets.... mainly because it gives some variety to the game, I know planets can give you massive earning potential, providing you spend enough time investing in it. Also it is possible to play without planets as I had to a few rounds ago.
I hope people continue to come up with suggestions even if they don't get any support.... better bad ideas than no ideas.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: