Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 06:48:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Interactive missions testing on SO PVE  (Read 10170 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 11:14:30 PM »

Emi you said after finding the encounter we have 24 hours to do it again...im finding them , failing either because of wrong step choice or high % to fail step and it then they  disappear.  you expect me to travel the entire galaxy to try and find these failed encounters? especially with high turn costs? i can understand having to use more pinpointers to find it again, but to make it warp out of quad  ranting2 please change them warping.  thumbsdown

If you fail an interactive mission and says mission ended, then you lost the mission.

The 24 hours timer is when you decide to stop at step 2 for example, and then come back later to finish the mission. Or if you have to fight and can't fight at that time and return later. But once it says the mission ended that's it, you have to find another mission, it spawns somewhere else in the Galaxy, maybe the same quadrant maybe not.

A mission may have a hard way, with a high risk of failure and great rewards, or an easy way. If you don't like to the take the hard way, you may take the easy way... or you may choose not to make each and every one, leave them behind for someone else.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:19:43 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 11:22:39 AM »

these missions have way to high chance of failing!  im wasting 100 turns on one mission to  ranting2 fail.  slap
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »

i dont bother doing them, there are much better ways of making creds/workers etc than the interactive missions

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

omfg emi i just found two gt's, i failed the first one, and i chose another path on the second one and still failed. same exact mission only diff fp. this is starting to piss me off, i know they cant be to easy but wtf man, make that 3 i failed by choosing diff paths each time in less then 5 min. 4   kk total of 4 gts failed today. GREAT UPDATE!! woo hoo!! im just leave them from now on and not waste any turns  wounded1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:14:23 PM by drakken » Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »

Every step as a % change you fail it and get no reward.

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »

FTP, 4 gts found in ten minutes, 4 gts failed no matter what path i chose, they were identical missions, different fp. cost me alot of turns and probes to fail 4 missions in a row. no reward, no chance to try mission again. just mission failure. % to fail is STUPID.

Peace And Happy Hunting
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 03:42:05 PM »

It's normal for new stuff that gives reward, like the Interactive Missions to be a bit nerfed, we don't want to make it an exclusive reward generator.
You're not obligated to do them, there are always the normal encounters and missions...

There is also the issue of a top player that wants to find a Gold Transport encounter. You will find it costs less turns and effort to find an Interactive GT with probes even if you fail it 4 times, (probably clicking the wrong options here), then it is finding a normal GT by jumping around at high levels.

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »

i dont want to make it exclusive reward generator either, i now failed 5 of them today, same mission, diff fp and diff steps each time to avoid picking the wrong steps..it doesnt matter how many i find or which steps i choose the missions keep failing . and i know that it cost less to find these ones...how am i to test them properly if they just keep ending no matter which steps i follow? or is that the whole point? just to swallow turns and slow down growth? i dont care about the credits im not getting,  im posting my reports on what i am finding during this test process. no worries though, i wont say anything else about it mate.

Peace And Happy Hunting
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 12:39:16 AM »

the fail rate is sometimes kinda extreme... but it keeps it balanced, specially when you find that 1 interactive mission with higher FP then your total... especially with some steps = no battle but rewards

% keeps it balanced

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

a generous mission creator works in some small rewards even if it seems like you fail at first. a fun example would be if you choose the option "Run!" and fail... instead of "mission over" you get something along the lines of "Power Weapons!" and then maybe some salvage later. speaking of... r there any cool ones? don't have a PVE account and I'm curious.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 11:41:32 PM »

speaking of... r there any cool ones?
laugh  laugh  lol_sign drunk

The Mission Ended---this is what you need to expect when you do them. over and over this is what you'll see  17
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:46:17 PM by drakken » Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »

sweet. I really hope these things become really interesting and advanced, they could greatly add to the game.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »

i agree. i think that someone should organize some story line ones... (several that tell an so back-story). i also think it would be RLY cool to make completing one mission open up another somewhere else in the galaxy (perhaps randomized or perhaps predetermined by mission creator). the mission doer could receive an intel contract on where it is or perhaps just a general location.

man... i have designed one mission... and i have spent hours just playing through it on the "start mission" option and i still haven't seen all of it possible endings.

the interactive mission idea is amazing.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: