Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 12:29:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Creater Thread  (Read 33855 times)
Pirates
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »

In a year and a half I have made seven posts.
You have made 3528 and I am getting called out for spamming?
How ironic.
Report to moderator   Logged
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

It's not how much you post, Pirates, but what you post and where.

Posting two different seperate messages often makes threads more tedious to read through and there is no reason to do it in busy threads like this. It is just as easy to simply edit your previous post and add on what else you have to say as it is to post a separate message.

No one is upset with you, we just want to make sure that people learn the netiquette inherent within our forums, and inherent in most forums for this case.

deezee66
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »

It's not how much you post, Pirates, but what you post and where.

Posting two different seperate messages often makes threads more tedious to read through and there is no reason to do it in busy threads like this. It is just as easy to simply edit your previous post and add on what else you have to say as it is to post a separate message.

No one is upset with you, we just want to make sure that people learn the netiquette inherent within our forums, and inherent in most forums for this case.

Quit sucking up, as everyone know when you put the posts out of order it causes more confusion then the two seperate posts could ever do and nobody does more double posting then seither does
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »

spam    17

made new mission called doom
also one called math

pending, i just made them, letting emi know. hope he adds them  16  at least math, doom doesnt make sense really, made it confusing on purpose , it should be fun though 12

Sir Emi, Doom might need a little balancing, i tried to make it fair and costly turn wise. but i dunno. would like some feedback on it so i can improve my skills, even if its not added.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:18:52 PM by drakken » Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
Pirates
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »

Added or pending?
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »

Added or pending?

17 Pirates

Quote from: Sir Emi
- The standing / reputation is now percent based. The % can be 1% - 100% of the mission power. If the standing is positive, then the mission will increase reputation and decrease bounty. On the other hand, if the mission step gives a negative reputation, it will decrease reputation while adding to the bounty of the commander. This functions in a similar way as the reward, and is advised that in the case of an evil action a standing loss % equal to the reward percent should be applied...
  how do you make it positive or negative? do you just give lower % ex.  75% goes positive and 45% goes negative?  this is how im understanding it, please clarify.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:24:29 PM by drakken » Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
Pirates
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2008, 02:42:03 PM »

You just put a minus sign in front of the number for a negative reward.
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »

ok thanks  1

Peace And Happy Hunting
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2008, 03:27:46 PM »

Sir Emi, Doom might need a little balancing, i tried to make it fair and costly turn wise. but i dunno. would like some feedback on it so i can improve my skills, even if its not added.

DOOM is... too much standing... too much reward... too much turns used (150 on last step???). Try to cut rewards by 5 times, and standing by 15 times  1

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »

DOOM is... too much standing... too much reward... too much turns used (150 on last step???). Try to cut rewards by 5 times, and standing by 15 times  1
Thats why i asked for feedback.
Edited Doom, changed storyline to make more sense, changed rep and reward types and %'s now has 10 steps instead of 4. 
more feedback please.
 i think i balanced it out more.
 and yeah high turn cost for high reward is why i put 150 turns  laugh but i think i did better this time
also edited math, changing turns cost and rep%
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:39:43 PM by drakken » Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »

hey cheak out my mission emi (only one Lammalord has right now) and judge if its fair to make a slight exception to switch steps 7b failure and 10a failure back to step 3 (it wont loop i promise!) i rather do that than have to re-make 20-30 steps just to make it seem the same (or well how ever many will end on on that path - which is the longer one) thanks!

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2008, 08:34:04 AM »

lama i ran into the same issue no less then 3 times in my mission (just another nebula). lolz i ended up having to re-craft the plot and re-make a couple of steps. all in all i ended up with 42 steps. suck it up n finish the mission lol

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »

id have to remake over 20-30 steps maybe even more. and have around 60-70 steps in the mission...

Pirates
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »

Back stepping is not allowed. You can skip ahead, but not back.

We have all run into this. And it does require more scripting.
But it also allows for more control, as you know some event has taken place to cause the skip ahead.
Whereas if you skipped back, you would not know if it was the first time through or not.

I have one that I had to pretty much duplicate several steps, just to know if I could use
text that referred to an event that might or might not have occurred earlier in the mission.
But hey, on the bright side, we are rewarded according to the number of steps.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »

i still rather not make so many extra steps, emi said hes looking into it, its like i have 2 paths at the start left, and right... neaither cross, but there is an option (if you fail) to get sucked to the right path and get forced to take it instead of going the left path... the paths DO cross but not untill step 15 (way after the steps i want to go backwards on, thus no loop)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: