Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 20, 2024, 08:14:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alts  (Read 3604 times)
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:09:57 PM »

well I know that the point of having alts was discussed many times before but I think it really should be solved in one or the other way once in a while.

atm I have the impression that top 200 is full with alts of senior players, this can t be in the sence of the game. - senior players have certain advantages enough by having thier designes and knowing how to play, but just being board does not implement a right to bring alts up 2.

its a question of being fair to the newbees ... - I just think how fair is it to them if they start to fight at rank about 250ish and they hit e.g. FTPs alt (just a example - no offence boss lol) ... - a noob will have no chance to survive this without being 0ed and prolly leave the game ...

well we either can discuss this here more, but I herewith post a reqest to Sir Emi to bann all alts.

w/r bb

PS: I also have 2 alts I ll miss but since we have that new ranges for scouting etc there is really no use for them anymore - in fact even in last round they where useless. - for training alliances I don t c any real need either. - that options should be clear, either ur member or leader of ur main alliance or u run a newbee alliance - but not and never both - this is always leading to problems anyway.
Report to moderator   Logged
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 03:13:41 AM »

I like my alt and my alt leads a training alliance for new players, to teach them the basics.  However, as broni pointed out there is not a need for the alts now. we have enough players that we dont need to have alts.  there are enough experienced players now to train new members or players.  I know many a good commader that would love to train new people and have thier own alliance.  I think the alts should now be volintarly decommisioned.  We have discussed the problem of families that play. thus an IP lock is not the answer. most of those that have delt with me and the TH know I do not see an alt as the same player as thier main.  Thus I will attack an allies alt at the drop of a hat. since the alt is not allied with me only the main account.  as far as I know I dont have any alt accounts in my alliance. many of my members have alts and lead thier own seperate alliances with them.  WE do not attack them to avoid the possible accusations of feeding our alliance with an alt.  however, the need for the alt is no longer.  I would propose that those that have alts delete them. or give them away to new players. that way the new players have a leg up with your alts ship designs.  As soon as I find a person to run the Mustang alliance I will delete my alt since it leads the Mustang alliance now.  I urge all players to follow my example.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 08:12:06 AM »

My alts have sat unused since last round, so I agree with this. It's time for alts to be gone, we don't need them anymore, and they make it harder for new players to do anything....heck, they can make it hard for normal/senior players to do anythign too, depending on who is behind the alt.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 09:09:03 AM »

Ok, the master of alts 1

I have my main acounts and 7 or 8 active alts. But I never attack anyone with them unless asked by my alliance to do so. I play them Absolutly seperate from my main acount. And I have them as when I get attacked I liek to counter withotu fearing I die. And they are a great way to keep in contact with allies, as I can view directly into their alliance board. (all alliance leaders who have an alt of me in their alliance knows its my alt)

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 10:23:29 AM »

right now about the only thing keeping G_Unit itself ready to be used again...  is the alt I have placed in there, and occasionally go in to see what people say.  this however, means no one has seen it attack, as I have never even bothered to put ship designs in it...  it just wasn't required.

if everyone else left, and alts be banned now, and G_Unit itself want to come back sometime, we WILL NOT be able to, if we just simply chuck alts altogether at the moment.

IF you could put in some simpler way to reclaim a past dead alliance, that you wish to revive now...  then yes, I to see no problem, but so far, there is no way.

and yes, anyone who has seen my alt, and has some intellegence in them, should know it is mine.  for all those that have seen it and not realized it, yes, the account 'ars' IS the alt of 'ars68'.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 10:25:21 AM »

I'm sure some exceptions could be made, or some things changed to accomidate those types of players ars.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 04:39:10 PM »

I deleted all my 36 alts except one.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 05:45:58 PM »

heh, no problems from my alt, not enough time to do anything with it to seriously anyway.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: