Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 02, 2024, 05:49:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Faster DDay  (Read 7955 times)
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:24:17 AM »

Eventhough there has been posted that Sir Emi isn't paying much attention in here, I am gonna give it a try, and if at first you don't succeed, try and try again..

And I know I am currently DDD and anti-DDay, but that's besides the point...

Look at Hall of Glory and seeing that at least 10 ppl maxed, is just plain old rediculas

Therefor, I dunno if it's been posted before (haven't seen it) so I'm gonna give it a try...

I think most will agree that there needs to be a system that will either make DDay happen faster, or make the growing go slower...

Therefor I want to suggest a few ways:

Make DDay Happen Faster:

• Make it from 20 people who should join to less
Say: to 15 people (we can always give it a try in a (this) round)
  • Make it go from needed Commander Level 100 to lower
Say: 50, The raising in commander level has been changed like over 10 rounds ago when the encounters came in (they gave loads of experience), but as they commander levelling has been slowed down by 3, you don't increase that much in experience these days when comparing it to back then..
Another possibility here is that you lower the timer, but I don't think that many would aprove it (nor would I)[/list]

Grow Slower:

• Unknown Aliens give less (valuable) items
(this way of making money is just waaaayyy too fast)
  • Only find Pinpointers at incursions
(this way ppl won't have unlimited amount of pinpoiters, and the 'making-money' by aliens will be reduced
  • Decrease the amount of Aliens in a quadrant to a maximum of 2

'Cus I remember that you had to search for 2 hours to find a good gold transport to make some good money, you just do 5 unknown aliens by using pinpointers now and you have made the same income, and used 1500 turns less..

Maybe we can change the way on making money on planets or mining facilities + space station, but I don't know much about this, so I can not post any suggestion on this subject (and I dunno if ppl make loads of money with this, but I heard they did, so I wanna suggest this gets lowered a bit too if that is the case)

I think best would be if aliens got lowered + making not 20 but 15 ppl have to join, and make it from commander level 100 to 60, but that's just me

EDIT:
Also add what Obscurum said:

Something like: DDay will ALSO start 48 hours after the first person maxes...
(1 Person maxes => 24 hours later, 24-hour-timer will start => timer reaches zero => DDay starts...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:00:34 AM by A^Bloody^Idiot » Report to moderator   Logged

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:48:36 AM »

I'm all for faster dday. So I support it 100%. The slowing down of growth I don't mind to much.
The problem though ABI is that most people are not excited by dday. Our alliance were all in dday for ages before we maxed and loki and arch angels all had lvl 100 commanders for a long time but none chose to be in dday last round until the very very end.
Report to moderator   Logged
Obscurum
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 05:50:27 AM »

How about it starts a day or two after the first person maxes?
Problem solved  12
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 05:55:43 AM »

I think Obscurum has an excellent idea there,

It should be set to: 24 hours after the First person maxes, The 24-hour timer to DDay should start, and then the real DDay should start...

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 05:56:28 AM »

abi first of all you havent played a full round at the top recently so you should know that aliens give jack poop later on but people have to try them later on anyway because there is no encounters out there. you used to have to search for 2 hours. we have to search for weeks to find one sometimes..

but im all for making d day easyer. i dont like it when so many people max.. d day starting a couple of days after the first person maxing sounds like a great idea tho.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Obscurum
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 06:01:42 AM »

Rethinking it, maybe after 3-5 people max it automatically starts, might not be smart to give the control over DDay to a single person.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 06:02:41 AM »

why not. its either gunna be me or tony 13, i think thats a great idea 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 06:04:51 AM »

@Spayed
When I look at the hall of glory, and I see that from may 25th untill august 18th, 10 ppl maxed, I think it's rediculously easy to gain power then...
If it's not from the aliens, then what is it (later in game?) as aliens give LOADS right now..

@Obscurum, if you do that, the last person who will max. will also have the same power, but in my eyes it's rediculous if more than 2 ppl maxed in a game, that's just not the way this game should be played, that's why I wanna suggest to create a way that people grow way slower, it also means you do WAY more damage to others when you zero them (thus I think will lead to more PvP)

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 06:13:37 AM »

abi you dont understand how easy it is for others to max out after the first person does it...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Obscurum
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 06:15:19 AM »

Yup, how do you think Joe-Ro made it with all of us gunning for him? 19
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 06:16:44 AM »

by hiding in a neb and not using any marines and gaining off the power of others

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 06:22:49 AM »

(That does mean that the first person who maxed did it in probably 2 months and something..)

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 06:25:07 AM »

which is standard time..

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
highlandknight
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 08:22:35 AM »

Ok well if D-DAY starts after a chap maxes then he wins. and its not the encounters that are the prob. The old players have cheats they use to get far more credits than from any encounter and therefore have a unfair advantage and can max. the reason other clans do not join d-day is they know they have no chance of winning after the same players max yet again so there thought is why join we can't get on a top 10 spot so they don't join. Here is an idea. rise the amount of winning spots from 10 to perhaps 15 or 20. Then you will have more folks joining d-day as soon as they get there 100 level. Cheers
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 08:29:49 AM »

no body cheats... you are just un educated... and its ridiculous that you still think we cheat.. we dont. we just know more things then you.

and i know your going to ask us to share. and ill just say that we already do. how do u think tony/ obs/ soul learnt the game. they got taught by us...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: