Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 11:27:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Save Sowars lets think up some stuff  (Read 34209 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 02:07:56 AM »

killing tiny titans will do nothing.

so emi takes them out then what people will switch to superswarmers emi takes out superswarmers people switch to swarmers emi takes those out people make missionships.

its not our fault the tiny titan is so effective on the warsserver but if emi desides to take them out i wont mind if i get every last credit back i put into the fleet i got now so i can build a diffrent setup.

let me put this into context for you.
the ships you make now... are the ships you may be facing in a mission later on.

this is why when wolfwood made tinymen, they got cloned so many times, that the next round, half the missions involved tinymen ripping through your entire fleets without a scratch.

this then made growing MUCH MUCH harder for the next round and a half, forcing emi to put in a fleet cost calculator, AND re-do fleet swarm bonus, JUST to make the game playable again.

admit it.  purposely paying millions of credits for a single space high damage part of a ship is NOT what it's there for.  it is abusing the fact between swarm effect and space fp per ship.     
and btw, everything but this last statement... is fact from history.  ask anyone that was around back then.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »

the ships im using wont be as powerfull in missions as they are on my account.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 07:20:08 AM »

Oh man, those d**n tinymen were nasty.
It's apalling to think they're making a comeback on the wars server.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »

what if we also increase seg gain by missions?
100% for lvl 1-1000
50% for lvl 1001-1500
25% for lvl 1501-1750
then drop back to normal should give the smaller people more segs and would make big people grind in only a few sectors or go search for encounters with only high missions?

then emi would still need to find away to lvl the playing field tho with titans and stuff.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:50:41 PM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »

Maybe start at 300-500, cos thats average atm.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

they wouldn't have the ships to do that

maybe have level 1-50 missions give workers as well as segs. since buying workers really slows you down in the beginning really slows u down, this would help ONLY the REALLY low guys who are just starting out

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 02:25:59 AM »

problem is you can get to lvl 100 in a week
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »

ah but not most people just sit there and grind missions like that

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »

nope but still then we should think of 1 - 500 give the med people also some extra segs?
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »

ahh make it 1-300 or so...

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 09:36:04 PM »

<-- still in 300's

i like the workers idea, it is a pain to start a new account... so most new players rely on raiding and never leanr how to do missions or attack someone  3

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 09:21:43 AM »

I think you need to keep the old players interested more than a leg up for new people.

To remove the advantage of Tiny Whatevers over larger mission ships, you need to make larger Mission Ships more valuable.

That means MORE larger Encounters, and MORE rewards at the high end.

If you keep juicing up the new players with bonuses it will always remain more profitable for the old players to pray on the newer guys. That means Tiny Whatevers ....

The answer is not removing Tiny Whatevers ... But making the game more competitive and worth while at the high end.

Personally I haven't had anything to do since about August last year.

A simple way to solve this, would be to make Encounters doable by anyone, so there is not a glut of Encounters at the lower FP ratings. Also remove the ceiling on rewards, the bigger the encounter, the more rewards. This would have a profound and lasting effect on the game.

Having Tiny Whatevers in the game is valid, miniaturization is a valid tactic. Removing Tiny Whatevers from the game will not remove the fact that there is no reason to grow beyond a certain point, and if you still wish to play then powering down and attacking the newer guys is your best option.

Once we all agree that there needs to be more work done to maintain the playability of this game at the high end I am sure we can come up with a bunch of ideas.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 04:38:32 PM »

well it would keep the older players in there longer but only because the higher people would just increase the gap between the lower people

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 09:15:27 PM »

sorry riv, but the only reason this is getting boring is because Armageddon Inc is doing absolutely nothing to beat the Infernal Cabal. you have better economies, yet to my knowledge you have never attacked them, ever.

if they are beaten, there will be fresh new players coming up the rank of 30-60 to the top 30, fresh new targets with fresh new wars.

if there is a way to make tinymen less effective, that would achieve this goal because everyone would have to power up again and lots would be in ur range.

my suggestions:
give new players more to work with
make components with weight 1-3 cost 2X more energy, therefore destroying tinymen, this is radical, but please say what u think

wow does THAT sound like the exact post we made about tiny man in SO main right before it spiraled into it's horrid time consuming decline and skillless play. Emi won't try to kill tinies again...he tried on SO main, and look what happened...it stalled and our quit rate WAY out paces our join rate.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »

yeah it is pretty much impossible for me to grow at all. its very simple for the people with loads of cash to take a big chunk of my segments everytime i go over 1/2 a million segs. and the more powerful ships i put up to protect my self the huger my loss when uberpwnsraid me, and i cant earn decent interest on my extra cash because somehow by some un-effin-believable stretch of imagination, my bank account is somehow dictated by my # of workers. on the up side, it has been a bit harder for people to raid my base. basically all i can do is hoard my 2% and hope i make enough to replace ships at a faster rate than i lose them. so far i have been breaking even. i haven't grown 1%.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: