Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 03:18:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Swarmers strength comparison  (Read 4603 times)
tip
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2009, 01:22:49 AM »

This is something really weird.

I've just created a fleet with 500 hitpoints each. Compare to the swarmer each with 399 hitpoints, the new design ought to have a swarm strength, in theory, greater than that of the swarmers, right?

Ok, just tested them on an encouters.

I made a fleet of the new design with number of ships equal to that of the swarmer, each 50,000 ships.

Now the weird part:

The swarmer fleet hitpoint is 9615, while my new design hitpoint is 6060.

And in the attack strengh, also very weird.

The swarmers' attack strengh is 19866, while my new design, which comes with attack strength far stronger from that of the swarmers', only score a puny 44753.

Weird !!!

In theory, if Ship A has attack strength and hitpoint count which are higher than that of Ship B, then the swarm strength of Ship A should, logically, be HIGHER that of Ship B, right?

The case here tells me otherwise !!

Extremely weird !!!

I simply can't figure out what the heck I have done wrong. But then, I still consider myself a newbie. 1
Report to moderator   Logged
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 03:02:07 AM »

Well no its not weird. Its called the swarm bonus.

The more swarmers you buy (in the same fleet) the higher you swarm bonus. This bonus is usually added to att and defence (from my memory). Different size ships have different swarm bonus
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »

As ships get larger I believe the swarm bonus decreases, although usually not by that much. Make sure you have at least 25k ships in the fleet, that way you'll get the max swarm bonus most of the time.

Also, a lot of the swarm bonus is contingent on how the systems are designed and set up.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »

quiiiiiiiiit cluttering general discussion.. go to FAQ if you want to konw anything and go to suggestions if you think something should be changed

Fairfrozen01
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:41:40 PM »

he just wants his post count up..its annoying..every day i log on he has like 7 posts or new topics... yawn
tip
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 07:57:52 AM »

he just wants his post count up..its annoying..every day i log on he has like 7 posts or new topics... yawn
So what???

You are a player on this game, just like me. If you don't like to read my message, DON'T READ IT.

If there is a rule on this forum that says I can't post messages and I violate it, then you can report to the admin. Else, shut the f*** up !!
tip
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 08:04:42 AM »

quiiiiiiiiit cluttering general discussion.. go to FAQ if you want to konw anything and go to suggestions if you think something should be changed
I know there is a FAQ, and I do read it.

However, there are just TOO MUCH INFO in it, so much that I simply can't digest it.

Bear in mind that I am in this game for a very short while, unlike you vets, you guys spent I don't know how long here already and of course you guys knows the ins and outs of the game.

Please do not expect we newbies knows EVERYTHING like you guys, and also, don't expect us to understand EVERY SINGLE THING that you guys have written elsewhere, simply because there are just too much info.

I post message here asking for things that I can't find in the things you guys have written, or things that have conflicting info.

Don't believe me?

Re-read the stuffs (current and archive) you guys have written. See for yourself how confusing the info can be for newbies.

Like the weapon-design alone, there are people making HUGE weapon, and then there are people saying making multiple _small_ weapons, and both sides claim that their design works better.

How the heck we newbies suppose to know which one is which????

That's just one example of confusing info available.

And to that guy who say that I am annoying, get a life, wilya???
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:16:55 AM by tip » Report to moderator   Logged
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »

So what???

You are a player on this game, just like me. If you don't like to read my message, DON'T READ IT.

If there is a rule on this forum that says I can't post messages and I violate it, then you can report to the admin. Else, shut the f*** up !!

there is a rule that says you cant insult other people... and swearing at em definetly aint allowed, i have 2 agree post these in the rite section

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:07 AM »

im attacking you with an alt every chance i get

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »

I know there is a FAQ, and I do read it.

However, there are just TOO MUCH INFO in it, so much that I simply can't digest it.

Bear in mind that I am in this game for a very short while, unlike you vets, you guys spent I don't know how long here already and of course you guys knows the ins and outs of the game.

Please do not expect we newbies knows EVERYTHING like you guys, and also, don't expect us to understand EVERY SINGLE THING that you guys have written elsewhere, simply because there are just too much info.

I post message here asking for things that I can't find in the things you guys have written, or things that have conflicting info.

Don't believe me?

Re-read the stuffs (current and archive) you guys have written. See for yourself how confusing the info can be for newbies.

Like the weapon-design alone, there are people making HUGE weapon, and then there are people saying making multiple _small_ weapons, and both sides claim that their design works better.

How the heck we newbies suppose to know which one is which????

That's just one example of confusing info available.

And to that guy who say that I am annoying, get a life, wilya???

Well here is an idea. Stop reading the archives.
Read the current stuff as updates to the game have made some of the old info obsolete.
It isn't that there is too much info out there for you to comprehend it is that you are trying to take it all in at once which almost never works.
Slow it down and take time to learn and understand what your reading.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
harimau
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »

im attacking you with an alt every chance i get
Is alt allowed?

If alts are allowed, I am going to register more accounts to attack that guy that attacked me from the nebula, every day !
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: