Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 08:55:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PLANETS Discussion  (Read 17730 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 05:58:52 PM »

thank you for clarifying. ive read all the guides and forum posts, including the ones by other players. what i think would be better is if maybe the marine force could have 110% of the planet capacity, something like that. atm its extremely unethical to waste that many turns trying to RAID a planet. to conquer i could understand, but that would take even more turns.

I've tested and retested and 105% is the maximum we can allow, otherwise planets would be too easily conquered / raided, sorry.
I know it's a cost to raid / conquer, but you have to remember that the owner invested a lot of time and resources in the planet also.

It's best to wait and scan to see if the planet has a good amount of goods on it before attempting raids / conquers otherwise you may very well end up at a loss...
Report to moderator   Logged

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »

I've tested and retested and 105% is the maximum we can allow, otherwise planets would be too easily conquered / raided, sorry.

ok i trust your judgement.

i also tried to scan beforehand but all i got was ???? in all the categories. am i doing something wrong? did i not have enough scanner tech?

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »

one other thing
at the moment, a planet can be used to desposit segments, (this goes mainly for the wars server) because even if the planet is conquered, no segments are destroyed, and it can be conquered back without loss of segs. this really reduces PVP. who will attack a well defended player if they have basically no segments? this also gives them the oppurtunity to attack someone with a lot of segs without fear of losing more than they gain on a counter.

my suggestions: (one or the other i dont think both are necessary)

have a limit of what % of their segs a player can deposit into their total number of planets.

each time a planet is raided, have the attacker gain 5% of segs while destroying another 10%. i agree with this one more. planets will make this server move too fast unless there is setback. this will do that more i think. there are an equal number of ways to defend a planet as there are yourself from a full assault, the losses should be the same. perhaps you could even have more options: raid planet - receieve a % of the colonists as slaves, credits, and minerals on the planet. regular (although it would be more like board) - recieve a portion of the segments on the planet.

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »

one other thing
at the moment, a planet can be used to desposit segments, (this goes mainly for the wars server) because even if the planet is conquered, no segments are destroyed, and it can be conquered back without loss of segs. this really reduces PVP. who will attack a well defended player if they have basically no segments? this also gives them the oppurtunity to attack someone with a lot of segs without fear of losing more than they gain on a counter.

my suggestions: (one or the other i dont think both are necessary)

have a limit of what % of their segs a player can deposit into their total number of planets.

each time a planet is raided, have the attacker gain 5% of segs while destroying another 10%. i agree with this one more. planets will make this server move too fast unless there is setback. this will do that more i think. there are an equal number of ways to defend a planet as there are yourself from a full assault, the losses should be the same. perhaps you could even have more options: raid planet - receieve a % of the colonists as slaves, credits, and minerals on the planet. regular (although it would be more like board) - recieve a portion of the segments on the planet.

well you lose 20% of the population cap when you conquered a planet wich is a pretty big seg loss on a planet even on a 10 tril planet its 2mil segs or something.

atm when you attack some 1 1/3 of the segs are captured 2/3 are destroyed.

think there 2 problems on wars atm there are no credit encounters and with the change 2 the stash limit every 1 is starving for cash and every 1 is starving for segs.

the cash problem can be solved by building a planet and make it grow big the problem is you need segs and alot of segs.
atm the best way 2 get them is to grind missions.

now wars was made to be slow but atm its starting to grind to a total stop and turn into a pve server.

maby rediong the encounter rewards and make blackholes spawn as normal might solve the problems atm ifs your lucky you will find 1 BH a month.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2008, 04:17:37 PM »

true
but i actually think that there has been more PVP recently. or until planets came in. the infernal cabal was really livening things up, but when planets came out they put all their turns into them.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 01:23:12 PM »

or you could potentially put all segments into the planet, and starting extending mothership finding 100's of segments per turn, put it back in planet and repeat...

sry, don't actually know how useful that would be, just see it there.

-edit, no  I'm not on test server, was just pointing that out... sounds like it could be a potential side effect of said features

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 12:56:24 AM »

how come everytime i successfully raid someone i dont get the creds for it

gameforever
Private

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 02:25:28 AM »

Thanks very much for the info!

WebGameList(WGL)
--your best resource on the internet for searching the most popular online games.
deezee66
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »

Cam do you really want to be known as a raider?
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2008, 01:25:50 PM »

yep, looking at how much i'll need to really raid a planet on the wars server

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: