Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 03:25:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PLANETS Discussion  (Read 17727 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 10:30:07 PM »

dont bring this on so main... Dont take it to main, it will screw everything up.. main's already screwed up enough as is

There no one on SO Main that can build a planet yet, prob a month until someone could make one on Main.

This project has been completed on the SO WARS version and it will take some time to copy it to the SO Main version, there will be about a week or two delay between the update on SO WARS and the update for SO Main, just enough to see how it works.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:00:56 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 11:33:34 PM »

Guide the planets:

http://wiki.spaceo.net/index.php/Guide:Galaxy:Planets
Report to moderator   Logged

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 03:57:45 AM »

aye the rebelion is working atm

any way you can disable it so we can keep on testing of planet attacks and raids?
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 04:14:14 AM »

combat seems nice

think the turn cost are to high tho i let my own planet go it has a population of 13tril 55% shields or something i think and is on the planet with +60% to combat.

i dont think you can capture that planet unless you pump 5000 turns into the assault.
i landed around 10tril marines on the planet at 1 piont they all got slautered and i only manage 2 kill 900k of the colonist.
atm i can only capture planets were i kill the entire population so thats around 3000 turns and 50tril of marines for the current small planet sizes.

ithink you should lets fleet abs get factored in to also work because when the planet owner get his tech lvl of shields up 2 80% your never giong to capture the planet

havent tried raiding yet since im out of cash but i render that will be the same problem if the planet has shields on it you cant do enough dammge to win the battle.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:19:35 AM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
Nightguard
Private

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 06:45:40 AM »

On the wars server will planet population be added to secret base workers to give stash size ?
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »

System Fleets don't protect planets ?

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »

On the wars server will planet population be added to secret base workers to give stash size ?

Planets are not linked in any way to the secret base, this gives second options for those that want to keep the segments for the secret base and those that want to invest in the planet.

System Fleets don't protect planets ?

The system fleets protect the station that protects the planet against conquer attempts. You gotta have a station to be able to stop a conquer and protect the planet. Conquer can only be done if the station has been destroyed or if there is no station. Raids can be made regardless.

think the turn cost are to high tho i let my own planet go it has a population of 13tril 55% shields or something i think and is on the planet with +60% to combat.

Aha, it seems like the planetary shield tech needs more cost to it...

- Deactivated rebellion so further testing could be made.

New Commander ability:
- Planetary Combat: Increase marine attack on invasion, attack and hitpoints on defense.

Just tryed a conquer on a 134.056.895.908 colonists planet with 10 shields (50% abs on it), and +75 combat bonus to defender.

Results:

Lost 1.262.601.582.965 marines total, killed 122.025.134.926 colonists and 12.031.760.982 colonists surrendered. Took 4 conquer attempts, 800 turns total.
Once you get the planet colonists below 100% so you can deploy more troops their defense goes down the drain  laugh
Hm, new tactic: You can raid the planet a few times to reduce colonists numbers before counquer, this way you reduce your attack turn costs...
When the first raid is successfull you should begin to conquer...

Kill Ratio marine / colonists: 10.34 marines to 1 colonist, seems ok for the level of protection and the value of the planet and 50% of the structures on it...

Of course if I terraform to Gaia and increase colonists then terraform to Proto to have let's say +50% more colonists then planet capacity, the colonists could manage one hell of a defense... but that would require terraforming back and forth every 10 days as you get the -5% growth... hm, oh well still good tactic.

Anyway, I like how the combat turned out and the flexibility of the planets. Looks cool so far.  thumbsup
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:33:41 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 01:58:20 AM »

When trying to raid a planet protected by a station with higher cloaking than my scanner, I get a broken screen. It's got the spaceo menu and stuff but it stops halfway and gives me starry space

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 04:26:52 AM »

boo

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 05:57:11 AM »

Raiding works ok for me in Blackranger's situation.

I suspect he means Conquer, but I haven't had a chance to test it.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »

No when I try to conquer it says I don't have a high enough planet level to conquer, when I try to raid it gives a broken screen.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 03:52:26 PM »

The Economy looks a little weird still.

10 Trillion Colonists on a Planet are producing as many credits as 100 Trillion Workers on your Secret Asteroid base.

Converting 10 Million BioFarms to Planetary Capacity gives the Planet 10 Trillion Colonists , reducing Secret Asteroid Pop Cap by 50 Trillion.

Hell, transfer over my other 10 Million Segments to increase Colonists to 20 Trillion, and 20 Trillion Colonists are producing about what 200 Trillion workers would have done on the Secret Asteroid Facility. But then again, no workers = no Max Stash = No Interest from Stash.

Can we tweak it ... so;

Colonists and Workers effectively can be traded on a 1 for 1 basis for an equivalent BASE cash flow. Increase Planet capacity by *5, reduce production *5 to achieve this.

Set up a Trade facility where you can interchange Workers/Colonists and Marines as you please ... Take a 10% loss on any conversions to stop transfers becoming to time critical.

Set the Stash cap before losses to Colonists + Workers instead of just Workers.

Remove the ability of Raids to reduce Planetary Capacity.

- The above 4 changes should balance out Planets for the War Server, make them worthwhile, and not just for the numerically challenged.

Furthermore, increasing the Colonist cap will reduce the Walk Over Effect which can currently be employed to Raid Planets. Planet pop caps are so low in comparison to my Marine numbers that I cannot possibly fail to Raid. Planet cap of 10 Trillion vs my 500 Trillion Marine attack fleet ... Planet can't do 25 Trillion damage to me .. at least before it gets teched up, but because of the imbalances mentioned above no one will get that far.

~~~

I suggest you think about the above very carefully I am sure you will come to the same conclusions.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 04:39:56 PM »

on the actual wars server, not the test server, i spent 300 turns trying to raid, killing 40 bil colonists each time and losing 120 bil. this is crap, 120 bil marines is a small fraction of what that attack fleet had on it... i dont know the best way to change this but it definately needs to be changed

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 05:49:01 PM »

on the actual wars server, not the test server, i spent 300 turns trying to raid, killing 40 bil colonists each time and losing 120 bil. this is crap, 120 bil marines is a small fraction of what that attack fleet had on it... i dont know the best way to change this but it definately needs to be changed

http://wiki.spaceo.net/index.php/Guide:Galaxy:Planets#Planetary_Invasion

Planetary Invasion

Planetary Invasion:

Attacker forces: Marines on the invading ships battle ground forces.

Ground Forces: The colonists are also the defense force, they use the equipment on the planet (planetary defense structures / armory / etc) to defend the planet.

Attacker invade options:

-> Raid (receive 20% of the minerals / credits on the surface, planet enters rebellion and can not be attacked anymore for 24 hours)
-> Conquer (only available if researched technology supports adding another planet to the max planet numbers, grants access to all resources on the planet, 50% of everything is destroyed by rebels, gives ownership of planet to attacker.)
-> If the planet owner has a space station in orbit, planet can only be Raided, not Conquered until space station has been destroyed.

To win Raid -> Planet casualties have to be 50% or more of planet colonists / workers, while attacker casualties <50% (20% of planet resources are deposited on the attacker mothership, 10% are destroyed.)
To win Conquer -> Planet casualties have to be 80% or more of planet colonists / workers, while attacker casualties <80% (Remaining colonists are enslaved and join the attacker, remaining on the planet surface. All loot is deposited on the attacker mothership.) (50% of planetary structures are destroyed)

Invasion combat special events:
- Surprise attack for marines in planetary combat, will increase marine wave attack by 1-25%
- Entrench for colonists will give the colonists attack bonus for that wave 10-30%, and 25-50% bonus to hitpoints to that wave and the next ones.

Note: If there are many workers on the planet and less resources to justify the marine expense in battle, the planet won't pose much of a target profit wise from raiding unless it is in a strategic position. Conquering would always be an option as opposed to the cost of building / upgrading a planet, provided the technology to support an additional planet has been researched.

- An enemy can not deploy a station or any fleets in a system that has a foreign planet.
- Can not deposit credits on planet, just load
- Can not take colonists off the planet once populated

Invasion attack details:

Turn cost for an invasion attempt:
Raid: 100 turns
Conquer: 200 turns

- Attacker fleets land on surface and deploy troops one by one: Each attacking fleet will deploy a marine wave, max of 10 attacking waves (if 10 fleets with enough marines).
- The total number of marines + colonists at one time on the planet defending / attacking wave can not exceed 105% of the planet capacity.
- Each new attacker wave can have increasingly more numbers on enemies due to the loss of colonists on the previous wave.

- Once an attacking wave has been deployed, fighting will commence. Defenders will fight the attackers until.
- Once the defenders lose the required % of their default numbers, or the enemy waves have ended, victory conditions will be determined, surrender or repelled.

Please read the guide before attempting to raid or conquer, the planet is a costly investment to build and to raid / conquer.
Your marines on board don't mean a thing, unless you can make room for them on the surface...  gun2

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »

thank you for clarifying. ive read all the guides and forum posts, including the ones by other players. what i think would be better is if maybe the marine force could have 110% of the planet capacity, something like that. atm its extremely unethical to waste that many turns trying to RAID a planet. to conquer i could understand, but that would take even more turns.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: