Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 08:02:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PLANETS Discussion  (Read 17729 times)
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »

increasing your planet size by 10.000.000 workers you need 20 segs that 2mil seg for 1 tril workers a good week of grinding or a few good attacks. so around 30-40 weeks of grinding if you land a few good attacks. the current missions ships on wars can land 50times that ammount.

What about increasing capacity with alts as wrote above, you build a planet with 0 colonists and just increase cap and pass it along the alts. Of course capacity decays with each conquer by 25% but still...

im not giong to give any 1 any ideas but beeing able to give your planets 2 alts is a very very bad idea.
buddy nebbing with a alt is 1 thing since you cant steal segs but giving complete planets will totaly something else.

also we need more Cps on the test server 1.
Report to moderator   Logged
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »

Credit production is about 100 times too low, resource production is maybe 10 times too high.

Are you sure it's 100 x times, from my calculations while secret base gives 5% of workers numbers cumulated / day, the planet gives a production of 15% of colonists numbers / day. We may increase the credit production but 100 x times is a little extreme... that would be 1500% of colonists numbers / day, 15 x times the cololists numbers / day => 1 tril colonists will produce 15 tril credits / day, that's way too much... makes an exponential curve by reinvesting the credits and you max out pretty quick in maybe a month or two...

Has anyone taken into consideration that one commander can increase capacity using his segments / credits and then abandon the planet so his alt can take over and then his other alt and so on... => it has to be a high research cost before a planet can be controled. The other terraforming techs may be adjusted a bit, depending on WARS / Main, there adjusted for WARS atm, but willprobably be 50% on Main.

P:S: If the planets update goes well it will be introducedon all servers. For Sea Odyssey it will be the ability to build cities / colony.

Pretty sure stash growth is every 10 mins, so it is 6 times more than what you have on test now.

If you increase the colonist cap by *10 and increase growth to every 10 mins, and decrease Mining output by *10 you have about the right numbers. Didn't go down the same path Riv did for upgrades obviously. However I did build a Gaia planet and from the numbers Riv has, seems to need more tweaking. That's what I meant by *100.

Again with the alts problem ... Hmmm

thats with out any upgrades i went down a other path of the defence wich also needs a major tweak in cost and a major boost into the bases raw unbuffed attack power and defence.

also the bases bonus and planet bonus arent working on the base it self.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »

I missed the part where we thought Planets needed to produce materials. I thought the original idea was for us to pump materials into them, not for them to generate stuff.

I'd be happier to see mining removed, but if you must keep it, drop it right down.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 02:46:14 PM »

idk, atm planets dont seem very profitable either mining or creds... although i sorta agree that the resources and turns and cp and stuff needed to research are what they should be. if they get lower than that than there will be as many planets as there are stations

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »

Updates to the planets:

- Pollution makes it harder to extract minerals the more production is invested. To keep pollution down, mining production should be kept at decent amount to not harm the environment too much.

- Increased credit production 3 x times while keeping the same amount on mining and introducting pollution.

Pollution should reach 100% at 100.000.000.000.000 colonists, and it can go over 100%. Basically, the more production goes into the mining, the more waste is generated to mine on mineral. e.g. for each 1 unit of carbon 1.000.000 production is needed. For each additional 100.000 production, waste inceases the production amount to mine the mineral by 1
=> 100.000 production => 1.000.001 to mine 1 mineral
=> 200.000 production => 1.000.002 to mine 1 mineral
this adds up, and the % is the increase, e.g. at 10.000.000.000.000 colonists you get one carbon for 1.000.000 + 1.000.000 => 100% pollution, and at 20.000.000.000.000 colonists you get 1.000.000 + 2.000.000 for one carbon => 200% pollution.

The pollution does not nececary have to be high on higly populated planets, if you tweak the production to credits and leave enough production to mining so pollution is low...

For testing we used a Tech2 Gaia, with 687.500.000.00 production, 10.000.000.000.000 colonists and these bonuses:
Total bonuses: +55% capacity, +45% mining, +45% credits, -50% combat, +10% production, -10% terraform

Good news is you can still get good minerals with lower colonists planets because pollution is low.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:02:57 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 03:39:47 PM »

also the planet techs show up in the bases all on the attacks on the station the planet bonuses arent factored in.

Fixed the station bonuses should add properly now.
Note that planetary shields add a raw % to shields, not over 80% but it's a raw % can really help swarmers.
Also note that planet bonuses do not affect fleets if therese is no station.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »

pollution looks good and so does this new thing

one question and it may sound foolish... do sheild bonuses given to a station always affect the fleets in orbit as well?

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »

pollution looks good and so does this new thing

one question and it may sound foolish... do sheild bonuses given to a station always affect the fleets in orbit as well?

Yes the planetary shield ADDS 5% per structure (e.g. 0% abs becomes 5%, 75% becomes 80%) to fleets but ONLY when the station is involved in combat.
So station is definetely mandatory in order to receive planetary bonuses in combat.

- Tweaked pollution some more...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:15:01 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 04:41:41 PM »

also the planet techs show up in the bases all on the attacks on the station the planet bonuses arent factored in.

Fixed the station bonuses should add properly now.
Note that planetary shields add a raw % to shields, not over 80% but it's a raw % can really help swarmers.
Also note that planet bonuses do not affect fleets if therese is no station.

nice are you giong to change anything 2 the stations tomake them a big harder even teched up with the cps you gave me and the planet tech costing so high in cps and turns.

the base hp lvl is only 770bil granted it has some shields but still a base cant warp so i can put a few 1000 kami swarmers on it and its death then i can take out the defence fleet with out a problem.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 09:35:42 PM »

nice are you giong to change anything 2 the stations tomake them a big harder even teched up with the cps you gave me and the planet tech costing so high in cps and turns.

the base hp lvl is only 770bil granted it has some shields but still a base cant warp so i can put a few 1000 kami swarmers on it and its death then i can take out the defence fleet with out a problem.

Sorry this is not about stations and the balancing of the stations, this is about planets. We can't go changing station techs and stuff until we've completed the planets project. Please post in the suggestion board about any other changes not related to planets.

Once you barricade a station, it is very hard to destroy if you use a good tactic, for example the defender could stock the station with huge amounts of missiles and an emergency warp (ONLY a base can warp). Also he could put in cheap HP fleets, lots of them and buff up the HP of the fleets with planet shipyard and boosted station fleet support. Even kamikaze ships would have a hard time killing such fleets, if they even manage to get past the barrage of missiles and fighters.

Your problem seems to be not using fleets in combination with your station, it's not the station HP you should be buffing, the enemy fleets shouldn't even get to attack the station, you can set up to 100 x HP buffed fleets equaly strong surrounding the station that enemy will have to destroy to get to the station, but this is not the topic to discuss defense tactics...

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 10:05:11 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 04:28:18 PM »

dont bring this on so main... Dont take it to main, it will screw everything up.. main's already screwed up enough as is

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 04:43:54 PM »

how can you say that cam its a great add on its boring if everything stays the same and congrats to emi for his hard work trying to improve the game 1
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »

dont bring this on so main... Dont take it to main, it will screw everything up.. main's already screwed up enough as is
Well I agree with you that adding it this round would mess it up I would like it to be added next round if its been tested throughly.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 05:30:06 PM »

Well I agree with you that adding it this round would mess it up I would like it to be added next round if its been tested throughly.

ya, adding a major update mid round always screws things up big time.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »

- Planetary combat has been completed and is functional on the test server.

Planetary battle flavor
- Surprise attack for marines in planetary combat, will increase marine wave attack by 1-25%
- Entrench for colonists will give the colonists attack for that wave 10-30% bonus to attack, and 25-50% bonus to hitpoints to that wave and the next ones.

The Planets Project is complete, we only have to test it some more.

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:01:05 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: