Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 02:33:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Self nebula fix, please comment  (Read 20913 times)
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »

Credits + Secret Base Credits + Secret Base Workers + Segments * 1.000.000
+
Fleet Cost * Ship Numbers + Fleet Marines (Fleets not in reserve)
=
Total assets

My total Assets are 1 Quintillion .... My Fleets are worth 100 Trillion.

My Entire Fleet could be destroyed and I still wouldn't be in a Nebula.

~~~~~~~

i have to go with the above even if i were to pump every credit i own into ships i would not be in a neb unless i lose everything.
Report to moderator   Logged
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2008, 11:11:09 AM »

growth and interest loss  12

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2008, 04:30:33 PM »

i am speaking for SOmain only. (sowars is a different situation) if you involve assets in neb on main you will make it impossible for us to protect our mains. it will subject mains to unlimited boarding attempts(since marines are only resupplied through mothership credits) till they are destroyed by lack of marines. this means everyone but the most powerful players will have to constantly reserve and unreserve mains in hopes of protecting them, which really isn't cost effective.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
CrimsonSmear
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 05:27:38 PM »

10% Total Assests is a horrendous idea... consider a cost percentage based on the active fleet (including marines) in conjuction with the 20% Commander Power.

Either way, it's going to punish the commander with highly optimized ships and benefit the inefficient ship designs... but not to the degree that total fleet loss is the only chance of getting into a neb.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »

Diminishing nebulae update (SO WARS)

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,3602.0.html

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »

Let's look at it this way:

We want people to stop nebbing themselfes: how's that possible:
A. You have to lose more to get into a nebula.. (change HOW to get a neb)
B. You have to get less of something (growth / interest / credit production) when in a nebula... (change when you're IN a neb)

If you will make A work.. That means indeed that powerships will have NO work at all anymore.. Not even just to protect your main ships...
If you let B work, it won't be fair for the people who just started and don't know exactly what to do, and will always be attacked and in a nebula...

These both things are not good solutions, only solution I saw (that came a bit close) is indeed to stop letting an alt hit a main through galaxy, which is by changing the % you can hit of yourself, and come on.. if you see a guy with 300% in galaxy, you don't think: hm... I'll try and hit him and see if I get lucky and capture a few of his ships.. No, you would just report his position, and go to another planet...

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2008, 11:08:46 PM »

i completely agree with abi and ive said it all along.. just need limits on that and make it against tos.. if people get caught doing it set them back a ways

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2008, 11:55:05 PM »

New players won't be hampered by growth or interest loss, because they don't have enough workers or credits to get large gains from interest and growth, and I am speaking for wars only so they won't always be in a neb. Growth and Interest loss for wars works great, it will be enough of a setback to slowly put the alt nebbers behind the fair players, and it won't hamper legitimate nebulas very much. Obviously this is not the best choice for main server as there are many more legitimate nebulas.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: