Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 06:11:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Self nebula fix, please comment  (Read 20909 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »

I like the diminishing returns - how about you lose all interest + worker growth while in a nebula? That way you lose a lot of you stay in a nebula a ton of time, and also puts another incentive on putting someone else in a neb (PvP) :-)

This sounds like a good idea, we could stop interest / growth while in nebula whitout affecting the defender too much... in the short term.
Report to moderator   Logged

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »

Not really I was in neb for 10 days not long ago and I never buddy or alt neb I just got hit everyday for a while from galaxy attacks if you are going to take my growth because of that you have to at least restrict the radius of galaxy attacks or I can never get back on my feet.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 01:44:15 AM »

Just add a line or 2 of code.

If Neb = YES and Segs = same as it was before then FLAG Attacker.

If FLAGed attacker = same as any of the last 5 FLAGGED attackers then Email Emi.

~~~~

Add more code so a newly created player cannot attack or be attacked for the first 10 days.

~~~~

A bit of code should cut down on the admin time required quite significantly.

I don't think you can alter the Neb mechanic so its effective on SO Main and SO Wars at the same time.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 01:54:58 AM »

I think the new player attack limit thing would be good, but it would have to be allowed that they can still do missions etc.  Otherwise newbies would have a hard time. lol

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 02:38:04 AM »

I like the diminishing returns - how about you lose all interest + worker growth while in a nebula? That way you lose a lot of you stay in a nebula a ton of time, and also puts another incentive on putting someone else in a neb (PvP) :-)

This sounds like a good idea, we could stop interest / growth while in nebula whitout affecting the defender too much... in the short term.

This was another idea that we spoke about on the forums - I think this might not be too bad for SOMAIN? (for WARS, simply use diminishing returns please)- you would need to add in a button that would allow a player to "Return from the Nebula" (cancel neb).
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 02:44:24 AM »

meh just attack some one, that gets rid of ur neb 13 easyer then making a button 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 04:04:38 AM »

I don't think you can alter the Neb mechanic so its effective on SO Main and SO Wars at the same time.

I agree - two different solututions are required due to the potential frequency of attacks.
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »

Add more code so a newly created player cannot attack or be attacked for the first 10 days.

New round starts, I create an alt the 3rd day, I start with about 5000 turns or something and grow immediatelly to the top within 2 days and I'm still safe for another 8 days, so this won't work properly..

And if you want to LEAVE a nebula, you can either:
- Wait the full 24 hours
- Attack someone (galaxy / remote assault / bounty) (not counter)
- Start Council Protection Mode, and leave it immediatelly... (so this is that button acturly)

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »

Oh yeah the fix that I suggested with the growth + interest loss was only for WARS, on main there are a lot more legitimate nebulas :-)

So how about:
For WARS you lose all your interest and worker growth while in a nebula, but you can leave the nebula any time (put a in a button at the secret asteroid base?)

For Main your interest and worker growth get halved while you are in a nebula, but you can also leave the nebula at any time (again, a button at the secret asteroid base?)

Once you leave the nebula you can't go back into it (unless you are attacked again and lose enough to return to the neb)

This way there is more PvP incentive on BOTH servers, and only the abusers will be severely punished by losses.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »

ok how bout this, basically what blak said just in a bit more detail

dimishing returns
lose worker GROWTH, but NOT production. sometimes that extra 24 hours of cred production makes the difference between a successfull counterattack and a non successful one.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

For SO main I think getting rid of ALL growth, production and interest would be a solution.

For SO wars this could heaily damage players and I would still suggested dimishing returns

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »

all i know is something needs to be done soon...

i have a commander following me around the galaxy in a buddy-neb and intelling me and offering my coords on public chat, trying to get someone else to attack me because he is too much of a ... to himself.

if thats not exploiting then i dont know what is

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 05:27:38 PM »

could some one please enlighten me as to why such a big deal is made of this? on main very few people do this and those that do cannot hurt others growth nor can they finish very high cause everyone kill them on dday. so why screw with a good working game system? i can see this causing one huge debacle of massive imbalance and disorder. Why fix what is not broken?

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 05:53:06 PM »

its a big problem on the wars server

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 03:03:17 AM »

Sir Emi  I am all for fixing this neb thing.  we all know that being in CP or council protection dotn hurt anyone they can stsill grow and keep growing by doing missions and get turns from Black holes and trun items.  thus more limits need to be put on this.  also this self neb or buddy nebing is at ridculous levels.  that is the reason I have not been playing.  I have since before it was implemented voiced my opinion on this subject.  I am for the destruction of real assests being the rule for a neb.  I am against Pships even though I was the creator of some of the first ones.  I say we leave the 20% fleet power but also add in the 10% of total assets.  This makes buddy nebbing actually costly a bit.  and also to keep people from wanting to be in a neb.  while in a neb your turn growth is halved.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: