Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 10:56:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Self nebula fix, please comment  (Read 20912 times)
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »

how about like making it where you can only attack so much more than your power.. i mean  if you were chillin in space with some ships of yours and you see someone 300% your power.. your not gonna go attack them..
Report to moderator   Logged

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 01:20:26 AM »

unless you al bhed, remember he whacked some huge people last round.
honestly i don't think it can be fixed with out ruining the whole thing. i don think self neb is such a big deal. it's not like the people who do it get to finish in the top anyway. everyone knows who does it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:24:13 AM by lostedchylde » Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 01:25:38 AM »

- 20% of assets (mothership credits value) instead of 20% power in last 24 hours to enter nebula

I don't think this will help.

- Warp evade settings: "Always try" set to default, "Don't try if friendly station"

I understand what you are doing with this but if they want to alt neb they will just go in and change it.

- Limit number of attacks between two commanders in 24 hours, excluding counter attacks:
Example: Cmd X attacks Cmd Y 10 times. Cmd Y makes 10 counter-attacks and attacks 10 times. Cmd X makes 10 counter attacks.

While this won't really stop alt nebbing it would be nice because a lot of noobs get reamed by experianced players and it really turns them off the game fast, I think 6 attacks and that includes base raids would be good, it won't hurt the good players at all because they don't need that many attacks to accomplish a good hit (turn it off for dday)

- Increase protection time if defender lost more then 20% of assets in the last attack.
Example: Lost a total of 50% of assets in the last 24 hours, get 50/20 * 24 = 60 hours of protection.

This seems to me would have the exact opposite effect of what you wish to do while there are times that you do get hit constantly the neb should get shorter when you are in it everyday and I would like to see the remote attacks limited to a range of less than the entire galaxy maybe to within 200 turns distance if you want to hit someone else then you have to move.(turn it off for dday)

Lastly I suppose limiting how high above your power can be attacked will help some at least and combined with nebs getting shorter may help a lot.(turn it off for dday) No way to be sure without trying it.

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 01:30:43 AM »

Isn't al bhed lamma's alt?

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 02:53:25 AM »

lamma has his pass but it's not lamma's originally, but don't change the subject lol 16

But I think most people agree about the fact that it should be changed at least that you can attack everyonn above you in ranks with galaxy hitting.. Make it to 300% or something (unless counter of course)

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 04:08:01 AM »

OK - glad I caught this thread.

Emi  - we went through this with a bunch of guys on the forums already.

I actually suggested neb based on credit cost, Tz immediately pointed out that you would no longer be able to use PShips on MAIN or attack swarmers on WARS to defend - both integral to the game now - and both reduce the costs of combat and entering neb.

So - Im totally opposed to basing it off credit costs.

Diminishing returns for neb was the best suggestion for SOWARS - there is a thread posted on it.  I think it would work fine on MAIN as well - however on SOMAIN it might be neccessary to make some additional changes.

Im not 100% sure what you mean by this;

- Warp evade settings: "Always try" set to default, "Don't try if friendly station"

I think you mean, ignore the "Always try to Warp" instruction if you're on your own base?  I dont like that - I would like to try to warp regardless if Im on my base or not, no exceptions.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 04:58:22 AM »

On main diminishing nebula wont wor because there you can attack someone directly when he gets out of neb... you dont have to find them in space.

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 05:32:32 AM »

Ya FTP - understood - I think it might need a different approach for each server - on WARS you cant just wily nily land attacks - so its extremely unlikely that diminishing returns will kick in unless neb is abused.

For SOMAIN - I dont know the answer - credit cost might be a valid fix there .. please dont do that to WARS server though.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 05:50:06 AM »

i agree that something needs to be done but geez, emi im sorry m8 i dont agree with any of the ideas you have put forward, i dont have any suggestions of my own 2 put forward but i would not b thrilled if any of those chages were implemented

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 07:27:37 AM »

im not experienced enough on the main server to know what is best there, but the diminishing returns for wars seems like it has no holes in it

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »

For SOMAIN - I think maybe if you used cash costs, but lowered the amount of the cost to say 5% rather than 20% it might work - 5% of your total value each day might be enough?  Maybe 10%?

If the total was lower than 20%, then something like Phsips could be used - lower cost expendable ships at the front of your fleets to take the hit - maybe swarmers would become more popular - they are a bit more expensive than Pships - but also provide a lot of attack power.  Personally I think swarmers are far superior - they actually provide real protection from an attack - not just a sure loss and entry to neb.

By the way, Im strictly talking about SOMAIN - the best proposal for WARS so far is diminishing returns, unless someone has a new and brilliant idea - then its the only way to go.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »

depends on what swarmers ur talking about and how u use them. swarmers on the main server would act like pships currently, but not as well. say someone attacks u and destroys a small percentage of ur swarmers, u dont get a neb and those swarmers may not be above ur main super now.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 05:58:20 PM »

How about this then-if the cost of attacking fleets is less than 5-10% of defender's then the defender fleet is the first to attack, and it does not go into  nebula if it looses, which I would doubt seriously. Although it would be useless at the start, still, a suggestion.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

deezee66
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »

it would be simpler to just get rid of alts altogether
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »

No, getting rid of alts is very complicated what with IP sharing, etc.

I like the diminishing returns - how about you lose all interest + worker growth while in a nebula? That way you lose a lot of you stay in a nebula a ton of time, and also puts another incentive on putting someone else in a neb (PvP) :-)

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: