Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 09:49:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Self nebula fix, please comment  (Read 20911 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »

I need some comments if this is reasonable or not.

- 20% of assets (mothership credits value) instead of 20% power in last 24 hours to enter nebula
- Warp evade settings: "Always try" set to default, "Don't try if friendly station"

- Limit number of attacks between two commanders in 24 hours, excluding counter attacks:
Example: Cmd X attacks Cmd Y 10 times. Cmd Y makes 10 counter-attacks and attacks 10 times. Cmd X makes 10 counter attacks.

- Increase protection time if defender lost more then 20% of assets in the last attack.
Example: Lost a total of 50% of assets in the last 24 hours, get 50/20 * 24 = 60 hours of protection.

Thank you.
Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:23:47 PM »

- 20% of assets (mothership credits value) instead of 20% power in last 24 hours to enter nebula

Would ruin the entire use of powerships for defence tactics. It would improve pvp as now your always sure to hit someone really hard. But would change the entire game. And makes it bad to have a large base power as then you need to lose way more power to get a neb.

- Warp evade settings: "Always try" set to default, "Don't try if friendly station"

Dont know what this has to do with nebula fix. And for main almost nobody has stations.

- Limit number of attacks between two commanders in 24 hours, excluding counter attacks:
Example: Cmd X attacks Cmd Y 10 times. Cmd Y makes 10 counter-attacks and attacks 10 times. Cmd X makes 10 counter attacks.

Alt/buddy nebbing is done in one attack so this is again of no use for the nebula fix, it will only mean if you try to board someone and you would need more then 10 attacks you simply cant. Cannot find any usefull use for this change? Does it work in DDay researchers?

Example: Lost a total of 50% of assets in the last 24 hours, get 50/20 * 24 = 60 hours of protection.

Day 1 you have no credits no base power you got nothing.... You lose 75% of your credit assest in one attack..... 3 days in nebula. By then the credits lost is only a fraction of what you have now. This rule will just ask for abuse and again does not contribute to a real use to fix something or any other use I can see.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 12:51:54 PM »

yeah i'm not sure what needs to be done.. some of those ideas sound a bit extreme but im glad its getting looked into

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 01:43:57 PM »

The mothership credit value, takes the worth of everything right, credits workers ships etc?

What about reserved ships? Will they still count. Like if I reserve my 5 mains they are worth more then the rest I have so people can just kill me over and over again because my reserves give me such a high credit value.

And otherwise you could just reserve your ships and then give yourself a 3 day nebula.

Can come up with even more ways to abuse it.... if you want to know them message me Sir Emi

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »

I know this would change the galaxy attacks, but if you make it so that you can't hit 200% or higher of your power in galaxy, that way at least you can't use alts to neb you unless they stay active and rise in power aswell, I know you can still easily neb yourself at the start of the round this way, and you can still ask another guy near you in ranks to hit you, but at least no alts can be used (it's a start and you have to start somewhere)

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »

Asset value is the worth of you mothership in credits, everything that is counted into total power has a credit value, but reserve fleet are not counted into total power and they won't be counted into the assets, they are reserve.

If we do the asset calculations for the nebula, there will be massive farming by raiding segments / secret base if you don't make limits on attacks / day.

An increased neb protection in the first days may be a good thing but just in case there will be a lower power limit, for example a point based system where each 1% and over 50 mil credits per % lost over the 20% can count as additional % to the 24 h protection
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 02:19:40 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »

to get rid of alt nebbing why not just stop people attacking people on the same IP address unless they can prove they are using a shared IP address. Ok granted it will mean places like college/uni/school you might not be able to attack a friend in an allaince you are at war with but would irradicate alt nebbing unless you have a special permission to do so then it can be monitored.

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »

Don't wanna sound rude, but then I can just ask AMI to use her alt to hit me, and I'll use my alt to hit her main..
That doesn't fix anything

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 02:33:26 PM »

ok it wont get rid of you going to someone else and asking them to neb you, i meant you using your own alt and nebbing yourself.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

Sir Emi when I have time I'll write you a message how this is easily abused. Not gonna post it.

And IP blocks wont work I can switch IP in 10 seconds ;)

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »

hmm alt nebbing.. thats simple to fix.. simply punish the people who are caught doing it even once.. severaly.. oh, 5  day ban for every time you alt neb..

sure people will still try to do it.. but if you get caught for 1 offence.. and busted for 5 days (that could completly ruin your rank..) people would very quickly lose intrest in doing it.. you just got to make the risks more noticeable than the rewards..

people wont steal 20$ from a store when they know the store has camera's, ID's everyone and fines you 200$ for stealing with a 90% capture rate..

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 04:37:02 PM »

it does make me laugh how a lot of people are saying how wrong it is when i no they have done it laugh
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »

hmm alt nebbing.. thats simple to fix.. simply punish the people who are caught doing it even once.. severaly.. oh, 5  day ban for every time you alt neb..

sure people will still try to do it.. but if you get caught for 1 offence.. and busted for 5 days (that could completly ruin your rank..) people would very quickly lose intrest in doing it.. you just got to make the risks more noticeable than the rewards..

people wont steal 20$ from a store when they know the store has camera's, ID's everyone and fines you 200$ for stealing with a 90% capture rate..

ip monitoring / bans / punishing does not get rid of the problem, can we focus on finding a solution that does not involve 3 fulltime admin jobs please 1 We had the same problem with royalty and now it works pretty nicely.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »

How about this - you can't attack someone with more than 250% your power unless on a counter, and you can't attack someone with less than 10% your power unless on a counter attack. That way you can't do alt nebbing in the galaxy.

And if someone gets caught alt nebbing, ban for 3 days and reset both accounts :-)

There - pships can still be used, so the game isn't drastically changed, you can still attack everyone you would legitimately attack anyway, and alt/self nebbing is greatly limited.

Also I think the donation rate should be lowered a bit, if someone joined and upgraded to gold they could easily pull into first right now, it's kinda unbalanced.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:13:37 PM by blakranger51 » Report to moderator   Logged

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 07:24:57 PM »

u could just as easily give ur alt a load of pships and make them = to ur power.

i think that on wars at least, where there are fewer but more devastating attacks, all attacks where no segs are recieved/taken should be looked into. most people know who the commanders who buddy are.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: