Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 11:10:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Royalties discussion  (Read 23149 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »

Hi everyone,

I would like suggestions on the royalties issue. Ideas so far from me:

1) - 2% in full per day. Possible problem: Feeding a lower account once a day?

2) - Royalty recording on a dayly basis, and distributing the royalties at the end of the day, taking the largest amount ressuplied for full 2%, one time royalty per day, sending it at midnight or whatever. Also, checking of receiver power, whitout ships, royalty can not exceed 100% shipless commander power, if it does, he gets 100% shipless power in credits.

I like the 2) idea, it will benefit high power designers more, and not newbie commanders... Should work fine.

Please post any more ideas,

God Speed!
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 12:42:18 PM »

2 could work, I like it as well, but you could also do this:

2% royalty for ships resupplied.
You can recieve no more then a set number of royalties from one player a day, say 5.
The amount of royalties cannot exceed the designers power. If it does, the designer recieves their power in credits.

This would make it nearly impossible to feed a lower commander, as they can't earn any more then their power (or shipless power, though that can be pretty low, so maybe make it like, 200%-400% shipless power to be fair)

But if my ideas seem to lax, i do agree that 2 on your list could work well.

~57 posts left~

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 12:46:25 PM »

I like 2) because it discurages feeding, as you have to wait for the end of the day to receive it, and it's not instant, but keep them coming, thanks.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 12:48:39 PM »

yes, that's the main reason I like it, you have to wait to recieve them no matter what, though that would have to be changed during D-day to be instant, as you don't normally have till the end of the day then.

~54 posts left~

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 12:51:37 PM »

well im stumped i like both ideas number 2 from you sir e and monkeys, i'll just go with the flow

who will be the new admin (how did that slip in there, monkey for admin ) oops
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 12:52:03 PM »

yes, that's the main reason I like it, you have to wait to recieve them no matter what, though that would have to be changed during D-day to be instant, as you don't normally have till the end of the day then.

~54 posts left~

laugh I dont think you should rely on royalties during DDAY lol, um, brute force.   19
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 12:54:23 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »

Personally I could care less which one you choose since I won't get royalties either way...  laugh

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »

I know, but that is one problem that should be addressed, and I figured I should bring it up, so it is at least out there in the open. We could just eliminate royalties during d-day as well, that would work too.

and lol darkness. Anyone else notice that Admin hasn't been on since november 28th?

and I know how you feel charlemange...I rarely get them too, but it's always important to make your voice heard.

~54 posts left~

superscott
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »

is there any way that the unit limit of 1mil can be increased in both the market and player to player to a more realistic number of say 25mil or 50mil. at least then it would be worth trading the market for a larger number of players. another idea on the whole player to player trade issue would be to post larger trades in the news similar to the way it is done with missions stating the names of the people transfering so that the player community can hold them accountable and not be governed by emi. i like less government and more accountability.

signed kryologic/superscott
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 02:22:06 PM »

CHOAM's amount does change, it goes up with the average of the players. eventually it'll reach 10M, and so on. However, changing the limit on players will allow funding again, so that can't happen.

and this game is emi's, so he has the final say on everything. He is god here basically. If you don't like it, quit is my only advice.

~44 posts left~

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 02:25:20 PM »

Whats the point of royalties then?

2% of the highest resupply of the day . . . What if someone resupplies one ship at a time?

100 credits per ship, 100 ships

2 credits each resupply . . .Your design is being used 100 times, but you would only recieve 2 credits

Thats bull(bleep)

You should recieve royalties for EVERY ship that gets cloned. Why should it be any other way? Ok, put it this way . . A new musician makes a kick butt album. That album is selling like hotcakes at 20 bucks a whack and sells a million in one day . . . but only recieves 2% of 20 bucks? Thats unsat and the musician would be incredibly upset and would sue the record company. We cant go sueing people because of this but the point is still valid

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »

Sir Emi I have stated this before I dont mind waiting for my royalties.  I have made this suggestion that the ships purchased must be used in X number of missions or destroyed for the designer to get his or her royalties to stop the  just buying and selling of ships say at least 10 missions.  This will stop the just purchace of ships to power a player but would give good designers the ability to use royalities as a major source of income.  it could be doled out in amounts of the players power over time per day.  Thus no instant jumps but a steady income from say a quad cost ship being purchased.  and this amount could increase as the players power increases. but the player like some of my designs and some others Designs are bought by many players.  This should be for each player that purchases a ship.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 03:20:47 PM »

I like Franks idea

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 05:43:35 PM »

actually, franks idea is almost an exact replica of Emi's second idea, which is that you get the royalties at the end of the day, and their is a limit based on the royalty recievers power.

~41 posts to go~

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 09:44:55 PM »

heh, simple, you may only receive so many of the credits at the end of the day from what was purchased... say either commander lvl, or amount of credits in secret base or just total credit value. once the credits worth of the purchase hit's this amount, no more is given.

or better yet, you can only get as many credits as warehouse modules or workshops you have  1
this would probably really put more emphasis on how many workshops you have again.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: