Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 07:23:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wars Server  (Read 19389 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 09:48:24 AM »

limit credit production and worker growth bonus's to 100%

im gonna put this out there... a server wide reset of credits, workers, planets, segs, ships, and mothership modules.

older players would still have their techs which we spent a lot of time on. new players would have a fighting chance.
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 02:46:32 PM »

And we all start with 5k turns, cp and 100bil creds perhaps?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:02:31 PM by Truth Of Mind » Report to moderator   Logged
kspoosh
Private

Only a worm can truly kill.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »

umm if we reset the whole wars server, its pretty much just going to become SO Main.

the whole point of wars is no resets and PVP.

i think we should delete all inactives who havent played for 3 months, and advertise on SO Main for Wars.

maybe send messages on Main to the veterans and invite them to Wars Alliances.

that way new good active players would come.

hmmmm and maybe Sir Emi should cut the galaxy size down. for the number of players vs number of places to hide, its very easy to stay hidden for most of your career. im going to say maybe cut the universe in half or make it 1/4 the size it is now.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »

your bloody retarded. most people who want to play wars do, advertising wont help. cutting the galaxy in half only makes noobs like you get hit more. deleting inactives gets rid of newbie income. Mkay?
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 04:56:52 PM »

umm if we reset the whole wars server, its pretty much just going to become SO Main.

the whole point of wars is no resets and PVP.
As far as I am concerned we need a reset so as to implement something that would allow new players to keep up.
your bloody retarded. most people who want to play wars do, advertising wont help. cutting the galaxy in half only makes noobs like you get hit more. deleting inactives gets rid of newbie income. Mkay?
Please try to be nicer Truth.
Cutting the galaxy down could be good but then we would need a limit on station and mining facility tech.
As for advertising on Main what about new players who join Main and know nothing about Wars?
Also those newbies who raid inactives for creds wind up getting too big of ship that they generally wind up getting killed by a more experienced player then give up cause they can't figure out how to get a good income.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »

exactly what jan said. this reset would be to implement something else. sorry kspoosh, but you havent played wars server since ive been playing, so i really dont think your arguemnets have any weight here

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

As for advertising on SO Main.... whats the point in moving main vets to wars, that will just start to kill off main. Anyway maybe many of the main vets stay on main as its their prefered game style.
A good experienced main player may struggle on wars, same way some wars players dont excel on main.
I have tried Wars about 6 months ago but found that there was not much hope of ever achieving anything as everyone was so much further ahead.
If you end up with some sort of reset, I can see some players on Main trying out wars for the experience, but not full time and investing towards another gold account on there.
kspoosh
Private

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 12:17:55 AM »

by advertising on main i meant to send an ingame message to all players that are already playing, and new ones that join.

people can play both main and wars.

i do it

btw ive been playing wars on and off for like 1.5 years.

im not that much of a noob jessiedog

usually things like vacations or school interfere, i lost my spot in rankings to raids and attacks and such, come back and rebuild

i think Sir emi should add AI or NPC commanders that actively attack players near their power. say randomly generate fleets and such for random powers, and let em loose on the galaxy. that could be fun. you could counter them for segs or just to get fleet experience.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »

Wow, that idea IS horrible. Did you even think about it?
kspoosh
Private

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »

nope not really  laugh but it seemed fun at the time. methinks i am started to be hated.

hmmmm if we reset everyone, it should be total, like back to 0 everything. that way we all get even start.

maybe even out commander exp tho.

get rid of all modules, research, commander bonuses, and of course fleets.

please get rid of all the inactives...they wont be income anymore because of reset, so there is no point in them existing. say 3 months inactive gets you deleted, and your number reopened to public
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »

how bout no to deleting. dont know about others but im in the military and my tours are 3 months +. like to come back and still have something
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

spoosh i never said u were a noob, i said your arguements having to do with the wars server have no relevance. whats ur acct name there? never seen kspoosh or tehnoobpwner or watever play. i still stand by my statement.

i also still say full server reset and everyone keeps technology and commander bonuses

Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »

everyone keeps technology and commander bonuses
No I don't think that would be a good idea that would give people a huge advantage over everyone else to start with all anyone needs to keep is the skill they have learned from playing so long.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 04:37:33 PM »

i spent a crap load of time on my tech. if that gets reset im quitting

Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 04:53:33 PM »

So did I but if tech doesn't get reset everyone that is at the top will just go right back to where they are and nothing will change making the entire reset pointless all tech needs reset.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: