Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 22, 2024, 06:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Offical War...  (Read 3717 times)
Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2009, 02:14:32 AM »

This is another wars server update idea (but can be used one main with a few tweeks)

Now I personally was in a few alliances that "declared war" on another alliance (now I don't want war but for those alliances who choose to declare war or still declare war I know a few who are in "minor" skirmish when they do login which isn't much) anyways

We have a truce button but whats the point of truces if there isn't an "offical" war button where an alliance leader can delcare war (with vote) from the members of the alliance on another alliance now you all might ask why? As right now its fine, true but a few things could be "added" or allowed during war time such as all fleets tech is temporary enhanced by 5-15% for each side (warp disruptures for the delcaring side and warp stabilizers for the defending side), rep is gain by "major" damage against enemy fleets instead of lost during a normal state...

Something to do with station combat and planet combat (still thinking but I'm sure something could be done here)

Yes more things could be added/changed here but its an basic overview again like my last topic (via planet attack button) its for public view on the idea before I spend time "adding" details to it...

Report to moderator   Logged
Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:15:29 AM »

Also again sorry if this seem "wrong" or a "bad" topic I thought it might be a good idea if not please forget about it.
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:31:24 AM »

Geez Tech you need to stop apologizing for these before anyone even comments  16
I actually think this could be a good idea, especially if we could get another page like rankings that would show alliances that are at war with each other.
Also if your have a war reputation thing then what should it be based on?
Amount of credits it cost the enemy in ships could be good but someone else might have a better idea as to what to base it on.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 07:46:15 AM »

i think its a pritty good idea aswell, could also be good for main

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »

I think its an excellent idea and makes alliances mean something to the game.

One modification would be if there is an official state of war between alliances then attack restrictions would be suspended or modified while at war.

Also it would help if there could be the ability to transfer credits, resources or structures between alliances in the event of a negotiated peace.

Adding an war icon (like the truce icon) on the ranking page would help too.
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »

Cammy would need medical treatment for over use of his finger hiting the declare war button for every alliance on the server!! laugh

Might have to make a special button for him... 'declare war on galaxy'

think it is an interesting idea though.
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 01:27:17 PM »

Not needed Saturn, Cammy would have his default log-in setting set to Intergalactic War.

He would then have the option to choose NOT to be at war with somebody.  2

Solved.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »

yeah would def have to make that one special for me

Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »

Well clearly this seems to be a popular idea. So I'll have to add more details to fully make the suggestion for a new update for Main/Wars (mainly Wars)
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: