Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 15, 2024, 09:57:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: For Noobs  (Read 1871 times)
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:37:02 AM »

Hey I was thinking since we just had 2 people sign up and just spam the forums asking questions that could have been answered easily if they had read some guides. Maybe Sir Emi could make it so that when you first sign up for the forums it immediately takes you to a post that either has a link to all the main things or has all the main things noobs need to know in it.
Maybe he could even make it so that they have to actually click each link or scroll to the bottom of the page before they can go anywhere else on the forums.
Report to moderator   Logged

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:48:27 PM »

Its a neat idea, however I imagine many would give up without reading the information as there would be no context of how it applies to the practicalities of the game.

Or else the click the required buttons without reading anything and end up asking the same questions anyway.

If there was a way to register new players in a "simulator" to give them a basic grasp of things, then release them to the unsuspecting universe when completed basic training at least they could ask sensible questions.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 01:22:38 AM »

I've already started something like this with the wiki guide that will be the new player guide here:
http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,5105.0.html

However, I would be most grateful if someone could create a wiki page to a short and explicit startup guide for newbies.
It will be quite a task since you have to keep it simple and basic so not to bore them but if we all put our minds to it I'm sure we can make it good.
Now I'm good at programing and adding new features, etc. but making guides is a very time consuming task and you do need a bit of writing skills so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here, I even made the page for you so you can just edit it. There is even a link on the main Wiki page for it:
http://wiki.spaceo.net/index.php/Newbie_Startup_Guide

Thank you.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: