Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 10:11:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galaxy Project Update  (Read 30820 times)
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 01:37:14 AM »

well ill be happy if my fleet can also not only gaurd the recouses but the encounters to.. so i can really claim a little bit of the galxay for my own..

oh and my area is dead center of the map.. ok not dead center.. a little to the upper right but its around there (what i had to pick the bussiest spot in the galaxy the center to set up my camp!

What's it near? 16
Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Peter Angelo
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 02:45:05 PM »

Overall I think the new update is wonderful.
But I do have a suggestion and I wish to second or third(as the case may be) a previous suggestion.

suggestion 1, when encountering other players in a system, show if they belong to and alliance.  (I have one pesty bugger who I want to know if he is breaking a truce) that also would be very helpful in the bounties section (I know, I know, off topic)

I would like to second the idea of being able to attack intruders, no matter what rank or fleet power.  It isn't very realistic if they attack my fleets in a system, (reserved) and I can't directly attack them back. (message: player(#XXXX) fleets are too small and escaped)

but again, Kudios, an excellent addition to an already fun and time consumeing game
fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »

i think the alliance solar system thing would be really good and would make alliances all the more important and fun to be with  1
another idea connected to this could be that truced alliances can trade resources between each other for alliance credits (credits that can only be used for the alliances solar system by the alliance leader)

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »

Only thing I dont realy like is that since missions got 15 turns each I'm always short on turns and this just eats away my turns even faster :O

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 04:43:17 PM »

yes, turns are a problem with the galaxy, especially the mining, since you need so many resources to get any reward from it, you spend more then a day's worth of turns to get 1 building.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 06:20:20 PM »

But getting a building is like buying an upgrade via commander points.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »

ya except the beggings of a commander i could do like 10 missions or 10 big attacks get 7 command points and wham i can do like 3 differnt things withthat 7 points i got.. but for this even the smallest thing still takes like 200 turns to get and the things i want would take 1000's of turns

Luther
Private

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

If you have an aliance with multiple players in it can you all attack the reavers togther?

A Leader must always be improving himself.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 10:49:48 PM »

7 CP...  I could 0 of what I would want, so not sure what you mean by just 7.  but ya, encounters give more kinda.  until you get to maxing out things at 50 some % on some, then you go into the galaxy, and max it out even further.  also, I hate to say it, but you are more right then you may think.  Emi, I found a small glitch in the program, not big, and nothing that gave an unfair advantage, but it DID let me see how you set the max's, basically all it took was alternating increasing the level of 2 buildings till they hit their max, and so I can safely say the buildings are good.  they give an alternative to save valuable CP.  think of it, you use enough CP to go up to 25% sheild master, then you top it off about 7% for the building.  see what I mean?  although I must say some of the requirements, I doubt there is enough resources whole galaxy at one point to be enough, let alone turns to mine it, like one thing, to get to the max of, would take around 3 years worth of turns, nothing else, other then SOLID mining of carbon.  for 200%+ ya, but still, pretty extreme...

which leads me to this suggestion:
make mining the same as the hologram training program.  you can use turns, maybe doing it yourself, or you can use credits, hiring someone to do it for you. you see?  but not both.  by making it eitehr 1 or the other, the people with mroe turns then credits can use turns, the people with more credits then turns can use credits instead.  that way everyone can really mine.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 02:01:57 AM »

If you have an aliance with multiple players in it can you all attack the reavers togther?
Now that would be cool. wow

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 02:16:27 AM »

... That would probably be a programming nightmare. It depends on how he has the game set up, but I'm willing to bet it'd be a heck of a lot of work to implement something like that.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 08:26:38 AM »

how about make mineing part of the Number of workshops you have, the number of workers etc.  and how about being able to get a planet to build facilities for making market items and build warehouse space on the planets. Thus we can assign workers to make items.like soil takes the fewest slots and scanners takes the most thus as long as we have workers and the building we can manufacture items to sell on the market as we use turns.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 08:50:48 AM »

im just wondering emi... do encounter still spawn when you have commander fleets guarding an area.. beacuse i have fleets gaurding and entire quardant and i havent seen a single encounter in it for the last 3 days im starting to wonder if it was a good idea to guard the area.. it sceems to be accomplishing nothing if the counters i want never appear

fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »

you can do already anyway, just get all the members of your alliance to go to the same system and then all attack the reavers, starting with the most powerful commander in the alliance

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
Peter Angelo
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »

another quick suggestion would be to add a turns remaining counter to the galaxy Navigation and quad navigation pages.  I just realize there is no indication of how many turns you have left, which could cause problems in this new turn poor economy.

Also, does anyone know if resourses are limited or if they will slowly regenerate?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 01:33:13 PM by Peter Angelo » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: