Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 15, 2024, 11:55:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Workers  (Read 4568 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2007, 01:31:35 PM »

On the wars server, i think that workers should be a bit more like segments. when u raid someone, some of the workers should be killed. That way, lower lvl ppl/alts cant raid inactive $$'s as efficiently, making them actually earn it themselves. This would also keep peoples power lower and keep the wars server more 'barbarian,' for lack of a better word.

i dont know how many people will take this, but please post what u think.
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:04:58 PM »

Nothing should be destroyed for segments and stuff to make attacking more profitable and more then just to damage other players.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 06:54:21 PM »

sorry a bit confusing but i think wat ur saying is u dont even want segs to be destroyed?

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 04:32:36 AM »

Since the mission multiplyer implementation the game dynamics have altered a bit.  I used to be very against any segs destruction, mainly due to the amount of real life time that was lost to destruction of segments.  This has changed now - and I think some segment destruction is justifiable.

However, I personally would reverse the capture to destruction ratio - meaning capture 2/3, and destroy 1/3.  This makes attacking a lot more attractive.

Workers and stash are supposedly in the hidden base - so youd need to rationalize (is the base no longer hidden, but aboard the mothership?) if your going to allow workers to be killed or stolen with a regular or boarding attack.

Jessies issue seems to be inactive accounts that low enders can raid - personally I dont really see any issue with this happening.  Eventually workers will be basically killed off - but, conversely stash will continue to grow - so cash can be farmed from inactives - but workers will tend to disappear after a while because there isnt segs to support them.

If you wanted to address that issue then you could create a relationship between stash interest and segments - that would ensure that inactive accounts would die off - at the moment theres a couple nice inactive accounts that will always be around to farm up some cash.

Personally - I think the inactive accounts with lots of cash in them are a good place for new players to get a leg up - so I dont see any compelling reason to change things.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 09:33:31 AM »

the whole inactive account thing was only one of the issues i brought up. but continuing on that, most of the inactives are farmed by alts, not new players.

the other thing i brought up was that people are advancing extremely fast. For the first few months i played, the player ranked #1 (ftp) moved from around 25 bil power to around 32 bil. That was more wars-ish because players were atked and they didn't have an ever-growing source of income. just a thought but i thought (not to be reduntant) that i should at least share it

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 02:49:43 PM »

Folks are now adding a lot of power due to the mission multiplyer change.  The baseline has changed thats all, the growth will linearise in a few weeks, but segs totals will be very high compared to now (I cant say more or Tz might ban me from posting 16 )
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 03:08:53 PM »

yea thanks
and btw i already know what u would have said next  19

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »

OW Tz dont ban him, just a spanking will be enough  laugh

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »

wow

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »

Way back in the day when we used to let FTP have the top spot on the Ranking chart we were growing in other ways. Mostly investing in the Tech Tree and farming the Galaxy for uncloaked Bases. Once that race was over we got down to the business of attacking each other ...

I have no doubt that we will be attacking each other again before long.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 12:01:22 AM »

Sure you will always have the attack and then recover/grow process if you didn't you would fall behind very fast.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »

Well since the summer I had the attack wait attack wait attack cycle so no recover 16
Well behind allot imagens AI having secret base of 30 trill 10

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: